2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

8161 - 8180 of 8228 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Been considering the Mazda hub upgrade but since it cannot do wireless, yet, anyway I'm thinking maybe adding the necessary AIO tweaks may be better.
  • What's the best Mazda F/W version to use? Currently I'm using 70.00.100 (been using AIO since I got my car back in late '16)
  • Can you do wireless AA
  • The interest would be to use AA so which versions of apps\tweaks would one need?
  • Or is it not good enough to bother with?
  • Any other helpful details would be great.
Look at this solution by @Tristan-cx5. I did it and it works!!!

·
Registered
899 Posts
My solution fixes the wi-fi problem of the CMU only. It does NOT allow you to use official AA/CP with wi-fi. But you could try to use AIO AA with wi-fi option. Just to clarify.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is anyone familiar with a method to continue using AA with the old hub, 2016 CX5?

I'm referring to specifically AA as I recall it not being nearly as stringent on the requirements of the USB interface it uses to communicate with the headunit. Also I'm certain that at one point, before the dealer decided to update my car to 70.00.100, I had an unmodified firmware running AA great for a while with the original hub. I've tried factory resetting but still can't even see anything related to AA in the menus anymore, I'm considering updating to 70.00.352, let me know if anyone has any ideas or if there's a way I can get AA working again without buying a new expensive hub.

BTW: I have plenty of USB TTL adapters and such but would prefer solutions that don't require modding the firmware first, as long as touch works in AA...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is anyone familiar with a method to continue using AA with the old hub, 2016 CX5?

I'm referring to specifically AA as I recall it not being nearly as stringent on the requirements of the USB interface it uses to communicate with the headunit. Also I'm certain that at one point, before the dealer decided to update my car to 70.00.100, I had an unmodified firmware running AA great for a while with the original hub. I've tried factory resetting but still can't even see anything related to AA in the menus anymore, I'm considering updating to 70.00.352, let me know if anyone has any ideas or if there's a way I can get AA working again without buying a new expensive hub.

BTW: I have plenty of USB TTL adapters and such but would prefer solutions that don't require modding the firmware first, as long as touch works in AA...
@limitlesscodes

·
Registered
2 Posts
@limitlesscodes
So this requires AIO tweaks to be installed? I suppose I'll look into it, I'm curious why my vanilla firmware cmu doesn't allow for Android Auto to run anymore when it used to.

·
Registered
899 Posts
@limitlesscodes : But it might be that if you bought the car used, that the previous owner installed an Android Auto tweak from www.mazdatweaks.com. Installation of new firmware updates often deletes tweaks installed at previous firmware (especially from 70.00.335 onwards also deletes ID7/Autorun-Tweak). To make 70.00.100 tweakable via usb again see: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial (and for basic knowledge) - for 70.00.335 and .352 see www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 (ID7v2 necessary). You can install .352 over .352 (same with .335) - so you have unlimited trys to do the serial access. All on your own risk and not official (new CMU will cost around 1000 USD).

But before doing the serial access, I would try, if the previous owner installed ID7/Autorun already. Install AIO from www.mazdatweaks.com and try to install a tweak - if its possible I would recommend to stay at FW .100. Otherwise, if you update further, you will have to do the serial access (ID7v2), if you want to install tweaks via USB afterwards. And if you want to use AA tweak with FW 70, try this one instead of the one from AIO, as the one from AIO does not work properly at FW 70 I think.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

I've been using this for just over a year in my abarth 124 spider however recently it's started closing and reopening constantly when connected, does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?

I'm thinking of reinstalling AA on my car but would that be a waste of time? Thanks!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Clear cache of AA App, update to latest version of the App and tey again. Otherwise you could try AA 1.14 from Radarwild - see separate Thread.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi there,

I've been using this for just over a year in my abarth 124 spider however recently it's started closing and reopening constantly when connected, does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?

I'm thinking of reinstalling AA on my car but would that be a waste of time? Thanks!
@Kokushi

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi everyone! I apologize in advance because I'm quite sure this has been asked before, but I have done searches without finding a reply (and sifting through 400+ pages takes a long time):

I want to buy a used Mazda 3 because here in Sweden they have 10 years warranty (up to 150 000km), which seems to have been in effect since 2013 but I ned Android Auto to work for my long trips. I'm comfortable with doing the serial method. Which model years support the AIO Tweaks and Android Auto?

Thanks!

Edit: I might be stupid... I'm guessing it's between 2014-2018 as that's the forum we're in...

·
Registered
19 Posts
. I'm guessing it's between 2014-2018 as that's the forum we're in...
That's part of the answer. Until you turn on the entertainment system and open up the settings view, you won't know which version of the firmware is installed. A previous owner may have had the firmware updated for whatever reason. That's why the AIO tweaks documents refer to different methods for firmware less than v59 as opposed to v59 and higher. My 2016 mazda 3 still had one of the v55 firmwares, so it is very easy to install AIO from a USB drive. Now, a dead giveaway that a car is NOT AIO compatible would be that it has official Android Auto and Carplay support. It's my understanding that AIO will not work if the car has the AA from the factory or has the AA retrofit from Mazda. Radarwild's new AA is apparently working with newer firmwares, but if the car has official AA already, it's probably not worth installing anything else over the official version if that's even possible.

·
Registered
899 Posts
@nu1mlock : Your entertainment system has to be the MZD Connect - which looks like this - AIO Tweaks work with this system only:

Additional to RevWille`s post above: In the settings you have to find out which FW version is installed. An overview on how to proceed (depends on what FW is currently installed) to be able to install tweaks via USB you can find here in my post.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Great, thanks! I owned a 2018 Mazda 3 previously and did the serial method, so I see no reason to not do it again. But yes, I'd better check the firmware before purchasing the car. So unless the car is on 70.00.335 or later I should be fine since I already have all the stuff since my last Mazda 3. Or can I use the serial method on later versions as well (but also every time I want to install tweaks, so I better get it right the first time)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
899 Posts
There is only one version newer than .335 so far and that is .352. But this can be handled the same way as .335 for the serial access (FW Update, also over the same version again possible, and then at the end of the FW update process you have to do the serial access ID7v2 from www.mazdatweaks.com/id7).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi everyone,
Does anyone experience a huge lag in infotainment system when you start the engine (usually left the vehicle alone for a day)?

Mine is heavily lagging like: When I prez on "Entertainment" icon it takes 3-5 sec. to open (first time only) after that it is opening just fine.
Same happens if I open "Applications" menu - 3-5 sec. lag.

My system version: MAZ_CMU-150_56.00.513B Flavor cmu150_EU
I have installed only Speedometer application via AIO (and removed disclaimer).

Does anyone else experience this? Or anyone aware what could cause this lag?
Thanks

·
Registered
899 Posts
Perhaps the MZD is still booting, if you use it directly after starting it? Just give it a minute after starting it.

You could try to install the "shorter delay" tweak from AIO.

Or you could install Autorun/ID7 tweak from AIO and then update the FW to 70.00.100 which is more stable and boots faster. Then you can install the Speedometer Tweak and the remove disclaimer tweak again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did installed "Shorter Delay Mod" and "No More Disclaimer" but still the same problem.
I've noticed though, that even 60 sec. after I start the engine the MZD is still lagging.
Weird thing is that uninstalling all mods make MZD a lot more quicker - 10 sec. after the boot it does not lag anymore (still have some lag in first 10 sec.)
Anyone, that have Speedometer with status bar activated can confirm they experience lag? or it is just me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I did installed "Shorter Delay Mod" and "No More Disclaimer" but still the same problem.
I've noticed though, that even 60 sec. after I start the engine the MZD is still lagging.
Weird thing is that uninstalling all mods make MZD a lot more quicker - 10 sec. after the boot it does not lag anymore (still have some lag in first 10 sec.)
Anyone, that have Speedometer with status bar activated can confirm they experience lag? or it is just me.
Hi, I have the same issue on v56, try to upgrade to v59 it starts faster

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 2 mediante Tapatalk

8161 - 8180 of 8228 Posts