2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

8141 - 8160 of 8189 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
@artnis : I have not been successful with SSH via cable myself, but it should be possible according to this website.

There is a way to fix the wifi network problem of older CMUs:
a) exchange CMU with newer version - see PDF for details:
MZD Connect fails to establish Wi-Fi connection_new.pdf
or
b) add some shielding in the CMU itself, which I did successfully in my second CMU. I wrote about the fix of the wi-fi network problem and how I solved it in this post already.

Thanks man, I'll have a look into this and see if I can do it. Alternatively I could install swapfile, do you think this would help with freezes? Basically when CMU freezes, I have to either reset it or reconnect usb cable and it starts working again.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Sorry, I do not know anything about the swapfile. Perhaps others do. It might help if you specify when the freezes happen (e.g. using AA Tweak/Google Maps or playing music from usb or using Speedometer Tweak).

In the changelog of firmware updates is mentioned at 59.00.502: "improved stability" and "minimize frozen screens" ... so you also could think about the installation of ID7/Autorun Tweak and then an FW update to the latest FW 59 for your region - should be 59.00.545 EU. I would not recommend to update to FW 70, if you want to use AIO AA.

·
Registered
18 Posts
has anyone encountered "ghost inputs" or mysterious behavior in the infotainment interfaces? This seems to happen most when I'm not using the system at all. I'm not plugged into USB for AA or even charging. My android phone is connected to the hands free bluetooth, but I'm not calling or listening to music on BT. The radio audio is muted. Suddenly, a series of beeps occurs and it looks like either the touch screen or the control knob is being pressed and it looks like someone is trying to add one of my contacts to favorites and then if I try pressing the back button or spinning the knob, my inputs are ignored. sometimes it ends up in the sat nav screen and complains that we don't have the navigation enabled.

From what I can tell, the behavior isn't affecting me when I'm using AA.

2015 Mazda 3 with firmware 55.00.760A-NA
AIO 2.8.5 with the touchscreen, no disclaimer, remove message replies, main menu loop, pause on mute, wifi enabled and ID-7 and AA.
AA 1.12 has the "reverse heading" fix but then I swap out the headunit.js with Radarwild's new versions.
my USB drive seems to have all the install logs, but I wouldn't know what to look for in them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been having some issues with android auto recently. When I'm not using my phone for audio (listening to radio), it works alright. But whenever I start using the bluetooth on my phone (spotify, directions, etc), android auto gets into a weird bootloop for a while where it crashes over and over again, then it just stops. Any idea how I'd begin to troubleshoot?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've been having some issues with android auto recently. When I'm not using my phone for audio (listening to radio), it works alright. But whenever I start using the bluetooth on my phone (spotify, directions, etc), android auto gets into a weird bootloop for a while where it crashes over and over again, then it just stops. Any idea how I'd begin to troubleshoot?
@Tjololo
It Could be your Cmu insufficient memory/diskspace which causes mazda aio AA/tweaks to loop/freezes/crashes follow these steps Android Auto Won't Launch and hopefully your issue gets resolve.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
has anyone encountered "ghost inputs" or mysterious behavior in the infotainment interfaces? This seems to happen most when I'm not using the system at all. I'm not plugged into USB for AA or even charging. My android phone is connected to the hands free bluetooth, but I'm not calling or listening to music on BT. The radio audio is muted. Suddenly, a series of beeps occurs and it looks like either the touch screen or the control knob is being pressed and it looks like someone is trying to add one of my contacts to favorites and then if I try pressing the back button or spinning the knob, my inputs are ignored. sometimes it ends up in the sat nav screen and complains that we don't have the navigation enabled.

From what I can tell, the behavior isn't affecting me when I'm using AA.

2015 Mazda 3 with firmware 55.00.760A-NA
AIO 2.8.5 with the touchscreen, no disclaimer, remove message replies, main menu loop, pause on mute, wifi enabled and ID-7 and AA.
AA 1.12 has the "reverse heading" fix but then I swap out the headunit.js with Radarwild's new versions.
my USB drive seems to have all the install logs, but I wouldn't know what to look for in them.
talk to your dealer. there is a recall for the ghost input issues. i'm surprised you didn't get the letter last year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello, i got a question. After to update to the latest versión of android auto AIO tweaks, i cannot longer use the commander switch to move in the waze app, Spotify, Google maps. To navigate in the apps now i have to use the touchscreen.

Any help? I have a Oneplus 7T with android 10.

Enviado desde mi HD1900 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue here :-( Tried with two different phones, Pocophone F1 and Samsung Galaxy A3

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
we bought this car used in the end of January. We didn't see the recall information.
If you bought it from a Mazda dealer, they really dropped the ball there. Regardless, it's still a recall and they will fix it for you free of charge.

I'd remove the AIO tweaks first though. Gives them a reason to bail out, valid or not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you bought it from a Mazda dealer, they really dropped the ball there. Regardless, it's still a recall and they will fix it for you free of charge.

I'd remove the AIO tweaks first though. Gives them a reason to bail out, valid or not.
yeah, I'll make sure to have a 'revert' usb drive handy. We bought it certified pre-owned and it sounds like the warranty is extended for this replacement anyways.

Was just testing AA 1.13 more this morning and the screen seems totally fine in AA. Only real issue I see is that google play music and google maps navigation audio streams aren't always interleaving smoothly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey!
I recently purchased the AA Retrofit part for my 2018 Mazda 3 FW 70 NA N and I'm trying to get AIO Tweaks to have those installed since I currently do not have touch screen on the AA at all and the Warning is driving me insane.
Is it the only way to do it through the Serial Connection? I'm not very savvy when it comes to do that so what's the best way and will that actually work just fine with my FW version?

·
Registered
81 Posts
+1

having update to 59 and using the 1.12 AA seems all OK, AA focus on calls is working OK.

My only comment is when listening FM radio and using waze, I no longer hear alerts when my route is recalculating. only when the audio is on AA y hear the alerts.

for the side patch did you change the file (headunit.json) using 2.8.5 before install?
@rquanleon
"My only comment is when listening FM radio and using waze, I no longer hear alerts when my route is recalculating. only when the audio is on AA I hear the alerts".
‐-----------------------------------------
Hopefully this mod version can fix your problem at hand. What's your FW version?

·
Registered
64 Posts
@rquanleon
"My only comment is when listening FM radio and using waze, I no longer hear alerts when my route is recalculating. only when the audio is on AA I hear the alerts".
‐-----------------------------------------
Hopefully this mod version can fix your problem at hand. What's your FW version?

Thank you, I will try on weekend.

My fw version is 59.00.502

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 2 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Been considering the Mazda hub upgrade but since it cannot do wireless, yet, anyway I'm thinking maybe adding the necessary AIO tweaks may be better.
  • What's the best Mazda F/W version to use? Currently I'm using 70.00.100 (been using AIO since I got my car back in late '16)
  • Can you do wireless AA
  • The interest would be to use AA so which versions of apps\tweaks would one need?
  • Or is it not good enough to bother with?
  • Any other helpful details would be great.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Been considering the Mazda hub upgrade but since it cannot do wireless, yet, anyway I'm thinking maybe adding the necessary AIO tweaks may be better.
  • What's the best Mazda F/W version to use? Currently I'm using 70.00.100 (been using AIO since I got my car back in late '16)
  • Can you do wireless AA
  • The interest would be to use AA so which versions of apps\tweaks would one need?
  • Or is it not good enough to bother with?
  • Any other helpful details would be great.
@SBMongoos hope this answer some of your questions.

• Best fw70? Latest is fw70.00.352 NA. (Fw70 cannot do wifi, no touch for official mazda AA, no turn by turn on HUD. No extra convenience features. (I wouldn't bother until it supports those).
  • Best fw to use would be (fw55-59) for Aio AA + wifi with all the extras. If you're on fw70 are you able to test my latest AAv1.14 mod? Thanks.
  • Information wireless for aio AA Android Auto
Please give feedback so i know if it works.

·
Registered
111 Posts
@SBMongoos hope this answer some of your questions.

• Best fw70? Latest is fw70.00.352 NA. (Fw70 can't do wifi, no touch for official mazda AA, no turn by turn HUD. No extra convenience features. (I wouldn't bother until it supports those).
  • Best fw would be (fw55-59) for Aio AA + wifi with all the extras. If you're on fw70 are you able to test my latest AAv1.14 mod? Thanks.
Please give feedback so i know if it works.

Interesting I thought I saw WiFi as an option in the f/w I have installed. Is there a sticky somewhere that shows what I need to setup AA with WiFi? Especially be great for using Google Maps for NAV.

8141 - 8160 of 8189 Posts