2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
8061 - 8080 of 9325 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
@Radarwild:
I will not install AIO AA on my 70.00.352 EU, as I use the original Mazda AA. I have installed FW 70 and the new hub/cables... there is no need for me to install AIO AA from AIO 2.8.5.

I once installed AIO AA at FW 70.00.021 (already with new hub/cables installed) and that lead to some problems - AA was not working properly, as the system could not differentiate correctly between AIO AA and original Mazda AA. I would wonder if that is possible/working properly now.

What might work is FW 70 without new hub/cables installed and installed AIO AA. But all I experienced and read here in the forum this is still not working properly... I would be happy for everyone, if someone could confirm that this is working properly now with the newer versions (FW and AIO AA).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, MZD2k16.
Do u have old usb hub or new usb? And are u saying the latest AIO v2.8.5 AA is working with sound etc with your fw70.00.100? No issues whatsoever? Can someone confirm if this it true for latest aio v2.8.5 Android auto on fw70 with old and new usb hub? Thanks.

@Tristan-cx5, can u confirm/test newer version of aio v2.8.5 Android auto on fw70.00.352 working for u with sound etc, no black screen, please according to Mzd2k16 says. Thank you.

@MZD2k16 Aio v2.8.5 Android auto v1.12 compatible with fw70 regardless of old or new usb hub?
@Radarwild New USB hub is a requirement only for the official Mazda AA implementation. It was never a requirement for Aio, regardless of firmware version. My firmware version is 59.00.449.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did the retrofit v70.00.100 with new hub..AA official was working good. Used serial access and added aio tweaks v2.8.5 ,to get back ground changes, video player ,wifi, and touch while driving. Did not check the box for aio AA .AA will work with cable or wifi but touch works in AA also..the only issue is I have no sound while in AA .maps ,pandora, music on phone or assistant..I can however ask assistant "navigate to taco bell "and maps will pop up and give locations for taco bell. It is the same if I use aio AA as I have tried aio tweaks with AA selected.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just installed the latest (2.8.5) version and now when I try to run Android Auto all I get is "_startContextReady: Can't connect to headunit process". This this didn't happen with the previous version. All I changed was the upgrade. Now, the point was to try to resolve the Android Auto disconnect issue. But not connecting at all seems like a bigger issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just installed the latest (2.8.5) version and now when I try to run Android Auto all I get is "_startContextReady: Can't connect to headunit process". This this didn't happen with the previous version. All I changed was the upgrade. Now, the point was to try to resolve the Android Auto disconnect issue. But not connecting at all seems like a bigger issue.
What version are you running v70.00.xxx? Do you have tha official AA/CP usb hub?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Still trying to resolve the can't connect issue with Android Auto. Because I could I ssh-ed into the CMU and saw that the /tmp directory has zero space left. Could this be a problem? Is there stuff in there that shouldn't be deleted?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks to all who worked on it!

Work great for now, even the wireless version of aa seems less laggy than before.

I still wonder if the Mazda wireless will keep in memory and connect directly to my cellphone hotspot.

And for android, does anyone know how to start the aa server so wireless can work, using Automate or tasker or ifttt?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got the files, run them of USB and selected "uninstall". It completed the un-installation, but nothing changed. I've rebooted the system, but still nothing. I'm not convinced that's really the tweak that I have installed in the first place, I really don't remember doing it and only recall the colored indicates showing up after one of AOI installs. Also the problem is only with activated front sensors when visualisation is full screen. When I'm in reverse with camera, the colors are red as originally. I've attached the photo to show the issue I'm having.

View attachment 275370
@R Junk US : Perhaps the colored parts are OK after you install the tweak? So far you only tried to uninstall it, correct?
I've tried installing now, no change and then I tried uninstalling and also the same :(
Looking at the tweak, all it does is replace some image files. It doesn't modify else. There's a folder with "mini" versions, which I guess is for rear-camera view. But then I have "semi-transparent parking sensors" from AIO installed and all looks fine there. And another folder is named "VerticalSensors", which is odd, given that with front sensors activated my view is horizontal (as in the picture).
Either way, looks like I'll have to SSH to the system and just fix it manually myself. My firmware is 56 something, I think the last one before Mazda started to limit the Infotainment access.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone have the stand alone USB files for the newest AA update? Using a mac which it's saying the newest AIO isn't ready for yet. Just wanting to stop this stupid AA bug before I go nuts.

EDIT. Nvm totally forgot about the github. I'm good. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks to all who worked on it!

Work great for now, even the wireless version of aa seems less laggy than before.

I still wonder if the Mazda wireless will keep in memory and connect directly to my cellphone hotspot.

And for android, does anyone know how to start the aa server so wireless can work, using Automate or tasker or ifttt?
Yes I'm using Macrodroid to automatically launch AA as soon as the HotSpot is connected with the car. It seems necessary for the Wifi, while AA starts autonomously when connected by USB.
MZD AIO 2.8.5 is working great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes I'm using Macrodroid to automatically launch AA as soon as the HotSpot is connected with the car. It seems necessary for the Wifi, while AA starts autonomously when connected by USB.
MZD AIO 2.8.5 is working great.
I just downloaded macrodroid to try this, I can set it up to enable wifi-hotspot when bluetooth connects to my mazda, but I'm not sure how to "start headunit server" in macrodroid. Can you please share how you have set it up?

8061 - 8080 of 9325 Posts