2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

7981 - 8000 of 8062 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All,
I just recently installed MZD-AIO tweaks (particulary Speedometer 6.0) the thing is that now my infotainment system is very laggy and slow. I did noticed it is slow when I turn-on readings to show up in status bar (I did Coolant temp and Fuel economy to show up in statusbar)
Anyone else experience stuttering and lag when activating Speedometer's statusbar readings?
thanks

·
Registered
827 Posts
Yes, if you are already on FW 70 (and have installed ID7/Autorun Tweak or did the serial access) you can downgrade (like the update process, but change file installation order of 1st/2nd file) to e.g. 59.00.545 or .502 to be able to install AIO Android Auto Tweak and to get it working.
If you cant install tweaks at the moment, then you will have to do the serial access e.g. after the downgrade to FW 59, so that you can install tweaks afterwards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, if you are already on FW 70 (and have installed ID7/Autorun Tweak or did the serial access) you can downgrade (like the update process, but change file installation order of 1st/2nd file) to e.g. 59.00.545 or .502 to be able to install AIO Android Auto Tweak and to get it working.
If you cant install tweaks at the moment, then you will have to do the serial access e.g. after the downgrade to FW 59, so that you can install tweaks afterwards.
Hi Thanks for your reply, Yes I can install tweaks via usb. So what I need is downgrade only

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I'm picking up a new 2020 Mazda CX-5 Reserve tomorrow and I'm guessing it will be on the newest firmware or close to it. I have been reading your pages and I have flashed things in other vehicles before. I'm not sure the exact order for this though do I do the id7 instructions after I do the serial instructions ? Where do I get the update.up file? Can I completely uninstall if I have to take the car back? My end goal is to get the AAmirror app working with touchscreen function in motion and preferably android auto working wirelessly.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Just wait until tomorrow and post here, which FW your new car has - then it will be much easier to answer, as there are some options and we do not have to explain all of them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Love how easy it was to load AA onto the 2015 mazda 3 we just bought last week. Did some reading here, made a AIO flash drive, loaded tweaks on the car with v55 firmware. Overall, I'm very happy with the result. There's just one issue.

My wife and I have really old LG android phones. So, we've noticed that even though Android Auto works, the phones don't charge fast enough through the car's USB port and will run out of charge while driving. Tonight, I tried using the WiFi option so that I could quick charge through the phone's USB port and realized that it isn't going to work since the Android version on our phones is too old.

Is this the best we can hope for without upgrading to the official Mazda kit with the new USB hub? Does the new hub have a higher current output? Does using Wifi on a newer phone allow quick charging so that the phone doesn't go dead?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Love how easy it was to load AA onto the 2015 mazda 3 we just bought last week. Did some reading here, made a AIO flash drive, loaded tweaks on the car with v55 firmware. Overall, I'm very happy with the result. There's just one issue.

My wife and I have really old LG android phones. So, we've noticed that even though Android Auto works, the phones don't charge fast enough through the car's USB port and will run out of charge while driving. Tonight, I tried using the WiFi option so that I could quick charge through the phone's USB port and realized that it isn't going to work since the Android version on our phones is too old.

Is this the best we can hope for without upgrading to the official Mazda kit with the new USB hub? Does the new hub have a higher current output? Does using Wifi on a newer phone allow quick charging so that the phone doesn't go dead?

Thanks.
Couldn't you use the wifi option and quick charge through one of those 12v ports with a quick charge car adapter that is made for your phone?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Couldn't you use the wifi option and quick charge through one of those 12v ports with a quick charge car adapter that is made for your phone?
Our phones are on Android 7.0. I could be wrong, but I believe you need at least Android 9.0. I saw no "Headunit Server" option to enable in AA when I enabled dev mode.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Yes, most probably this is the best you can get.

Yes, it should have 2.1A and charge faster, but requires firmware 70, but some people state, that it does not charge faster (maybe faulty hardware). My retrofitted hub charges my "old" Samsung S9 while using AA/Google Maps via cable.

My S9 can use WiFi while Quick Charging, so yes.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Are there instructions somewhere for updating just the AA version? AIO installer has 1.11 but 1.12 is out
Not that I know of. But search for 1.12 download in this thread, unzip it and copy the files to an at an Windows System FAT32 formatted USB stick and put it in any usb slot in your car. Wait for a pop up at the display and follow instructions on the display. Done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just wait until tomorrow and post here, which FW your new car has - then it will be much easier to answer, as there are some options and we do not have to explain all of them.
So I have 70.00.335 NA N. I did get AAMirror working (but touch and controls don't work) and it does not look very good on the screen, going to play with AA resolution forcing. I'm assuming there is no way to use the command knob to control AAMirror either?

Anyway, it looks like all I have to do is Using MZD-AIO v2.7.9+: Run “Autorun & Recovery” with “Recovery Via Serial Connection” & “Install ID_7 Recovery Scripts Pack” options checked. And once I'm in I run "cp -r /mnt/sd*/XX/* /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/; chmod +x /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun; /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun" then I should be able to install AIO from a usb like normal?

·
Registered
827 Posts
So I have 70.00.335 NA N. [...] Anyway, it looks like all I have to do is Using MZD-AIO v2.7.9+: Run “Autorun & Recovery” with “Recovery Via Serial Connection” & “Install ID_7 Recovery Scripts Pack” options checked. And once I'm in I run "cp -r /mnt/sd*/XX/* /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/; chmod +x /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun; /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun" then I should be able to install AIO from a usb like normal?
Sorry, wrong assumption. If you have .335 already, you have to do serial access with ID7v2 (not included in AIO yet) - see ID7v2 thread and www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 - to afterwards be able to install AIO Tweaks via USB.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry, wrong assumption. If you have .335 already, you have to do serial access with ID7v2 (not included in AIO yet) - see ID7v2 thread and www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 - to afterwards be able to install AIO Tweaks via USB.
So I'm still reading the ID7v2 thread but if I go to ID7 Recovery v2 it has a file to download and the same command normally used to punch in. Do I just unzip and copy that to fat32 usb and run that command? I don't have an update file since I'm already on .355

EDIT: looks like I can flash .355 again overtop then run the file but I still need to find that update.up

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just wondering if touch controls are or will ever be available for Android Auto? Stability seems vastly improved with current updates for Google; just missing touch controls.

7981 - 8000 of 8062 Posts