2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
7921 - 7940 of 9420 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can't remember who asked, but no my downgrade hasn't worked. I installed v70.00.335c without doing the ID7v2 stuff. Afterwards I discovered AA didn't work with that version, so I'm attempting to downgrade to 502, but the user/jci cmu/jci serial login isn't working. Did I mess myself up by not doing the IDv7 stuff? I'd hate to have to go out and buy the $200 hardware just because I was too eager to look into stuff before upgrading.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just wanted to thank the developers for the ability to 'jailbreak' and modify the Mazda headunit.

I am new to Mazda / AIO Tweaks, but a long time embedded system / Linux developer. I was able to gain access to v70.00.021 via serial method without issue. There seems to be a mis-match between the autorun.v3 scripts and the sshd bringback scripts, that made it difficult to gain wireless SSH access, along with firewall issues. I kept having issues connecting, so I ended up making a USB that turns on wireless, kills the firewall, and runs sshd with a local config file on the USB. So I can just pop in the USB drive when I need wireless SSH access. The ability to run shell scripts from the USB is extremely useful.

I have found the speedometer app the most useful, as it provides things like Engine temp, current gear, and a ton of useful information. It's also very cool to be able to change backgrounds and other tweaks, like allowing the touchscreen to be used. As a note, do not install the android auto head unit app on v70, as it will not work and will make the factory android auto not work. ( I was hoping for WIFI AA ) Also CASDK seems very resource heavy and really makes the entire system slow even when no CASDK apps are running.

The video player works quite well, but seems to have issues with higher video files. I made some modifications to videoplayer, to play videos directly from my dashcam over USB. The 720p videos play just fine directly from the dashcam, but I haven't got the 1080p videos working quite yet. It gives me memory allocation errors even when there is over 1GB of free memory on the system. Does anyone know if this is a hardware limitation of the video system? I will also be looking at creating a separate app just for the dashcam, and hopefully a live feed directly from the dashcam.

Thanks again for all your efforts!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I wanted to say Thank You! as well. AIO is a great tool and a lot of helpful tutorials on how to install it (first time I ever used a TTL in my life).

Anyway, I cannot get the cast screen to work unfortunately. This is mostly the reason for me trying to install AIO in the first place. It does appear sometimes, but then only for half a second, and then it blacks out again. I've tried through USB, as well as through WiFi (hotspot on my phone, connecting the CMU to the hotspot, finding the IP address of my CMU through second phone, entering that IP address into the app).

I do not get the "USB Debugging" message on my phone, which I have read, could be the problem. I went into "Developer Mode" on my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 10+) and turned on USB Debugging there, but still not working ... Is there a good step by step on how to fix this issue? Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Anyway, I cannot get the cast screen to work unfortunately
Neither did I. I don't recall all the things I tried, but nothing on a Note 8 worked. The next step was to do some troubleshooting via ssh, which is more than I wanted to tackle.

I have an old rooted Note 4, might be worth trying on that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I installed the latest aio 2.8.4 on 56.00.401A FW. I have just one issue where if AA is opened, about 10-15 mins into driving the sound stops working. I can't hear Spotify or my radio. The only way to get the audio back is to make a phone call and hang up. Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
is anyone here using a OnePlus 7 Pro successfully with AIO AA 1.1x? If so, what model of 7 Pro are you using? I have a GM1915 and am thinking of flashing it to INTL.

My audio (Spotify, TuneIn) is not listenable when the map is the primary screen. I have tried with and w/o car GPS, etc. Tried 1.11, 1.12, etc. It was working with my Mate 10 Pro before..
I am using a OnePlus 7 Pro GM1913 in Ireland (so intl fw) and YouTube music is working fine when I have maps displayed (I don't currently use Spotify).

I'm currently using AA 1.12, though it was also working with 1.1.

I don't use the car GPS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I installed the latest aio 2.8.4 on 56.00.401A FW. I have just one issue where if AA is opened, about 10-15 mins into driving the sound stops working. I can't hear Spotify or my radio. The only way to get the audio back is to make a phone call and hang up. Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks!
I should mention I have a pixel 3

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having trouble getting castscreen to work on my 2016 Mazda 3. When I try to change the debug mode on my phone to PTP, it automatically launches Android Auto instead. The same thing happens if I try to change it to any other debug mode. My phone doesn't have hotspot, so I can't connect via WIFI, I can only do this through USB. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Which FW should I update to?
If I were you (and would like to use the AIO AA tweak), I would:
1. Install ID7/Autorun-Tweak from AIO Tweaks via USB at your MZD, so that you can install tweaks via USB after the update to a FW 59.00.502+ - e.g. latest FW 59 for your region NA (North America).
2. Update to latest NA (North American) FW 59, which is 59.00.546 and stick to the word to the FW update procedure PDF (FW + PDF source).
3. Install AIO AA + perhaps other AIO tweaks via USB.

All on your own risk.

Do not update to any FW 70 if you want to use AIO AA, as the AA tweak does not work at any FW 70.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
You live in Israel, so its the EU version of the MZD firmware (FW). To use AIO tweaks you have to update to at least to FW 55 according to www.mazdatweaks.com.
I would recommend to update to a FW 56 EU, then install ID7/autorun tweak of AIO an then update to latest FW 59 (59.00.545 EU) and then install your tweaks. AIO Android Auto tweak does not work at any FW 70 - just for your info.
Source for older EU FW and the update instructions. Read them carefully and stick to it to the word. All at your own risk.

·
Registered
137 Posts
LOL One more time sorry if this has been ask a mill times.

On V55.00.441a and installed tweaks from AIO.
Installed SSH Bring Back & Wifi (Check)

If I put the V59.00.546A or V70 on a USB stick and update the infotainment system can I Plug my USB Stick with Tweak list and it will come back? Or would I have to do the Pull out the dash and Serial hack it?

Staying away from the Serial hack.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You live in Israel, so its the EU version of the MZD firmware (FW). To use AIO tweaks you have to update to at least to FW 55 according to www.mazdatweaks.com.
I would recommend to update to a FW 56 EU, then install ID7/autorun tweak of AIO an then update to latest FW 59 (59.00.545 EU) and then install your tweaks. AIO Android Auto tweak does not work at any FW 70 - just for your info.
Source for older EU FW and the update instructions. Read them carefully and stick to it to the word. All at your own risk.
Is there any guide that explains how to do it?

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
@BigBlock : While still on FW 55 install the ID7/Autorun tweak from AIO. This ensures that you can install tweaks after the update to FW 59 or 70. But do not install 70.00.335 or higher, as these versions delete all tweaks incl. ID7/autorun. And then you will have to do the ID7v2 serial access. And AIO Android Auto does not work at any FW 70, just as info.

@Amittal71 : See my links in the post above - there is a PDF for firmware update instructions.
And AIO tweaks is simple: Use a Fat32 formatted USB stick (windows/not MAC), compile your tweaks, copy them to the usb stick, put the stick in the car, follow instructions on screen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Someone was asking here about downgrading if you did the v70 upgrade without the ID7v2 stuff. I made that mistake and thanks to anderml1955 in the ID7v2 thread, I'm happy to report I'm back on 59.00.546 with tweaks and AA installed.

I had to reinstall the 70.00.335c version I installed previously, but this time I followed the instructions and ran through the ID7v2 stuff when it was done. Then, after confirming I could reboot/login with cmu/jci, I reinstalled 59.00.546 and, when rebooting, confirmed cmu/jci still worked. I was able to successfully install my tweaks and get AA running again. If anyone else mistakenly did the v70 upgrade without the ID7v2 stuff, this is how to fix it (basically, just do it again but this time follow the instructions)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Perhaps a silly question, but...

I preparing to uninstall tweaks (AA not working properly...will reinstall). Upon very first install, AIO created a "bakups" folder. Do I keep this on the thumbdrive at all times and just copy over the new files generated by the uninstall compilation in AIO?? Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
@BigBlock : While still on FW 55 install the ID7/Autorun tweak from AIO. This ensures that you can install tweaks after the update to FW 59 or 70. But do not install 70.00.335 or higher, as these versions delete all tweaks incl. ID7/autorun. And then you will have to do the ID7v2 serial access. And AIO Android Auto does not work at any FW 70, just as info.

@Amittal71 : See my links in the post above - there is a PDF for firmware update instructions.
And AIO tweaks is simple: Use a Fat32 formatted USB stick (windows/not MAC), compile your tweaks, copy them to the usb stick, put the stick in the car, follow instructions on screen.
Thank you for the help, to hard for me

7921 - 7940 of 9420 Posts