2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

7861 - 7880 of 7892 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
I do not think that the downgrade will solve the issue, but you can try. If you downgrade I read that its recommended to change the file installation order of the update procedure. Install the file mentioned in the update procedure as second then at the downgrade as first.
With a downgrade you do not damage anything. Its only the same risk as a DIY firmware update.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I do not think that the downgrade will solve the issue, but you can try. If you downgrade I read that its recommended to change the file installation order of the update procedure. Install the file mentioned in the update procedure as second then at the downgrade as first.
With a downgrade you do not damage anything. Its only the same risk as a DIY firmware update.
I wanted to downgrade so I didn't have to enter my username and password with the 502 version.I don't know what else I could do to fix the problem, if you have any advice, I accept advice

·
Registered
637 Posts
Sorry, I have no advice, as you already did a lot. I do not know if you do not have to enter user/password at .502. I thought (not know) that you also have to at .502.

Oh, before downgrading try to compile an AIO tweak un- or installer with the install option run.sh ticked. I might have read something that a user reported back that this helped him to get an un-/installer to work again.

Or do a full FAT32 format (not the short one) of the usb drive as mentioned here by trez.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi,
Which version of mzd connect firmware is most compatible and less laggy to use latest AIO AA ??

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
as you explained tristan, it's not the same thing, it depends on your software version and whether you want to buy the official kit or not. Android Auto official only work if you have a FW 70 00 100 or FW 70 00 335 AND if you have installed the official kit (cable and usb module).
if you do not want to buy the kit, then the only solution is Android Auto from AIO but it only works on the lower software version at 70 00 100
Also, keep in mind that if you have a software version between 59 00 502 and 70 00 100 and you did not install "ID7" then you will need a serial connection
version 70 00 335 also requires a serial connection with a different procedure.

so Android Auto isn't Android Auto.

cordially
The reason I posted that was because Tristan had previously replied to my thread where I explicitly explain that I have a 2019 Mazda with FW 70.00 335. So it's straight forward from there. I already got AIO installed but android auto will still work as a native feature. It's the same thing if my hardware already supports it. I assumed he remembered that fact. My question was more geared towards native AA compatibility with AIO tweaks.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Native/original AA and AIO Tweaks can be installed together. Exception: Do not install AIO AA if you already have native/original AA installed. I tried that with 70.00.021 and no AA did work properly back than.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry, I have no advice, as you already did a lot. I do not know if you do not have to enter user/password at .502. I thought (not know) that you also have to at .502.

Oh, before downgrading try to compile an AIO tweak un- or installer with the install option run.sh ticked. I might have read something that a user reported back that this helped him to get an un-/installer to work again.

Or do a full FAT32 format (not the short one) of the usb drive as mentioned here by trez.
I tried to format a complete USB 3, "Sandisk" from 16GB by inserting inside only 1 uninstall for castscreen and marking run.sh, but without success. I also did a test with another USB 2 TDK but the same result. I have seen that when there is USB inserted with installation files it does not synchronize the Bluetooth contacts by phone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
as you explained tristan, it's not the same thing, it depends on your software version and whether you want to buy the official kit or not. Android Auto official only work if you have a FW 70 00 100 or FW 70 00 335 AND if you have installed the official kit (cable and usb module).
if you do not want to buy the kit, then the only solution is Android Auto from AIO but it only works on the lower software version at 70 00 100
Also, keep in mind that if you have a software version between 59 00 502 and 70 00 100 and you did not install "ID7" then you will need a serial connection
version 70 00 335 also requires a serial connection with a different procedure.

so Android Auto isn't Android Auto.

cordially
How do i know if i have ID7 installed?
I think made a mistake, i had AIO tweaks before, but i had to removed all the tweaks because i had car service, after car service i installed v 59.00.545 and now when i wanna install MZD-AIO-TI v2.8.4 it does not recognized!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
If the usb is not recognized at all by the MZD, then its most probably a problem with the usb stick - change it or reformat it (not fast).
If the usb is recognized by the MZD (top row), but the tweak installation does not start, then the ID7 tweak might not be installed. Hopefully I remember that correct: If it is installed, you can check via run.sh (at install options) - delete everything else from the usb stick (after compiling it) but not the run.sh and insert it to the MZD to check if tweaks are installed. If you want to know more about the run.sh, search for "run.sh" here in the forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If the usb is not recognized at all by the MZD, then its most probably a problem with the usb stick - change it or reformat it (not fast).
If the usb is recognized by the MZD (top row), but the tweak installation does not start, then the ID7 tweak might not be installed. Hopefully I remember that correct: If it is installed, you can check via run.sh (at install options) - delete everything else from the usb stick (after compiling it) but not the run.sh and insert it to the MZD to check if tweaks are installed. If you want to know more about the run.sh, search for "run.sh" here in the forum.

I tried to leave only the "run.sh" file but I don't have any results from MZD, the strange thing for me is that I can activate and deactivate the functions through AIO tweaks installed on MZD, but I can't make to communicate in serial cable ne wireless SSH. I inserted a photo with AIO tweaks with installed applications.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Strange, that your ability to install tweaks disappeared, but tweaks are still installed. Did you update the MZD FW? Is the USB Stick recognized by the MZD (top row), but no AIO starts at MZD? Can you try an old usb-2 stick with less or equal 8 GB?

At the serial connection the most common problem is, that the cables are not connected properly - they have to be unisolated more and sticked in deeper. Try that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have not updated MZD fw.
The USB sticks are all recognized by MZD (I see them in the top row after a few seconds I inserted them).
No tweaks I can install, even using run.sh.
I have already tried 5 different USB sticks, the same ones with which in March I had installed everything and formatted them long, they are USB-2 4Gb and 8GB, USB-3 16GB.
Serial connection I have inserted the wires many times and I have made houses that if they are not well connected the Transmission LED (on serial USB) does not flash.
As soon as I can, I try with USB sticks to do it all over again:
a USB with only ID7 + Dryrun
a USB with SSH bringback only.

Maybe it can help post photos.

P.S. Another strange thing is that I can activate and deactivate the touchscreen via AIO of the car and make AA work, do all the operations granted through AIO tweaks on the car.

·
Registered
278 Posts
... maybe when you uninstalled the tweaks for car service, for one reason or another, only "id7" was removed, which could explain that tweaks that were continuously installing to work if you launch them through the application but you lost the ability to install the tweaks by usb

·
Registered
9 Posts
... maybe when you uninstalled the tweaks for car service, for one reason or another, only "id7" was removed, which could explain that tweaks that were continuously installing to work if you launch them through the application but you lost the ability to install the tweaks by usb
I also thought some files in ID7 were corrupted, today I tried to install ID7 via USB but with no luck. Even through Serial I can't get ID7 installation to work, do you have any advice to solve? I thought that I could reinstall the same fw MZD or an older one so as to put the corrupt files back and then try reinstalling ID7 and hoping that all is well. Could it be a correct thing?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi,
My Mazda dealer upgraded my CMU to 70.00.100 but still i have the ability to install AIO tweaks by USB and i just installed a few tweaks already by USB, due to i had installed ID7 before annual services.
1-Can i DOWNGRADE to 59.00.545A to have AIO AA ?
2- Does it to do Serial connection after downgrade to 59.00.545A to have AIO tweaks.??

·
Registered
63 Posts
1. Yes.
2. Not sure, as I never downgraded myself, but I guess ID7 stays like at the upgrade.
How can i be sure ID7 will stay after downgrade? Have you any idea?, cause my 3 years free usage of navigation has ended and it's important for me to use android auto instead.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I do not know - perhaps its written somewhere here in the forum if you search for downgrade. Or another user who already downgraded can tell you from experience, if the ID7 stays at a downgrade.
If you want to extend your mazda navigation/map subscrition, you could ask user filmi - he might help you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How can i be sure ID7 will stay after downgrade? Have you any idea?, cause my 3 years free usage of navigation has ended and it's important for me to use android auto instead.

My Mazda Dealer also upgraded my version to 70.00.100 (I had ID7 before) due to some bugs of earlier versions. I then downgraded to 59.00.545 and could re-install AiO Tweaks incl AA-Auto.

7861 - 7880 of 7892 Posts