2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

7841 - 7860 of 7892 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The link for the pic still doesn’t work.
I don’t know enough of Linux, so I need to leave that to other experts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well after spending far-too-many hours on it I finally figured it out - the ends of my jumper wires weren't long enough. I'm surprised that was the case since they did go in about an inch, but I ended up just using a cut strand of some bare copper wire instead of a jumper and it worked great. Thanks for working with me for this long :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m glad it worked out!!

I bought a few of these (https://www.hi-1000ec.com/product/1302 , but from a vendor in Japan; I believe it is the same thing) and made the connection permanent. I velcro’ed the connectorized end in the passenger’s footwell so that I can connect through serial later. I guess it has the benefit of reliable connection, too :)

Well after spending far-too-many hours on it I finally figured it out - the ends of my jumper wires weren't long enough. I'm surprised that was the case since they did go in about an inch, but I ended up just using a cut strand of some bare copper wire instead of a jumper and it worked great. Thanks for working with me for this long :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just something I found for AA wifi and sound issue.

Basically you can get no sound if you using AA wifi and you can't switch back to radio. I found a way to switch back to radio is that you make a phone call through AA and then hang up. Sound will then switch back to radio.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@corpshark: AA AIO does not work/run at FW 70. The only option to use AA AIO is to downgrade the FW to a FW 59. Other option is to install official AA hardware - as you mentioned.
Does anyone know if AA AIO is now working at FW70? I originally had AA working perfectly on v59 and had the ID7 recovery scripts installed, and then my dealer updated my MZD firmware to v70 a few months ago during car service. After that I was unable to use AA AIO, as @Tristan-cx5 pointed out back then, AA was apparently not running on v70 and after that I simply uninstalled all the tweaks. Just wondering if it would now work if I installed them again to try to get AA working? Or is my only option still to downgrade to v59 and go from there?
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question... i dont know if I'm doing something wrong or maby there is some hidden setting that i dont know about, but i don't have any navigation notifications on my HUD. Now i have AA 1.12 on 1.11 for a very short time i saw some notifications from Waze, now nothing happening.
What version firmware are you on? I was having the same issue on 56.00.513. I updated to 59.00.449 and now the navigation notifications appear on the HUD from Android Auto.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys, I dropped the bolt that secures the display unit into the dashboard while attempting to make a serial connection.
I'm now looking for a replacement. Can someone help me with the dimensions and size of this bolt? I'm in the US and I think I can find something similar in Home Depot but I have no idea of the dimensions of the bolt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys, I dropped the bolt that secures the display unit into the dashboard while attempting to make a serial connection.
I'm now looking for a replacement. Can someone help me with the dimensions and size of this bolt? I'm in the US and I think I can find something similar in Home Depot but I have no idea of the dimensions of the bolt.
I could not link the image in my first post but this is the bolt I'm talking about: https://mazdatweaks.com/images/thebolt.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry that it happen to you.

I think it was 10mm socket to be used, so I suppose it was an M6 bolt. Length, I’m sorry I don’t remember. 10-15mm length is probably a good bet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, i have just bought a Mazda CX 3, 2016 in the UK, could somebody direct me to the latest download for installing Android Auto please.

·
Registered
637 Posts
As I wrote, there are two types of AA. Please specify which AA you are taking about.

AIO AA as a tweak does not work on any FW 70 - so also not on 70.00.335. You can install it, but it will not work. AIO AA only works up to (including) FW 59.

Official AA (no tweak, but new hub/cables) requires FW 70 and works on 70.00.335.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As I wrote, there are two types of AA. Please specify which AA you are taking about.

AIO AA as a tweak does not work on any FW 70 - so also not on 70.00.335. You can install it, but it will not work. AIO AA only works up to (including) FW 59.

Official AA (no tweak, but new hub/cables) requires FW 70 and works on 70.00.335.
Android auto is android auto. I don't care which one gets installed as long as one gets installed.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Android auto is android auto. I don't care which one gets installed as long as one gets installed.
as you explained tristan, it's not the same thing, it depends on your software version and whether you want to buy the official kit or not. Android Auto official only work if you have a FW 70 00 100 or FW 70 00 335 AND if you have installed the official kit (cable and usb module).
if you do not want to buy the kit, then the only solution is Android Auto from AIO but it only works on the lower software version at 70 00 100
Also, keep in mind that if you have a software version between 59 00 502 and 70 00 100 and you did not install "ID7" then you will need a serial connection
version 70 00 335 also requires a serial connection with a different procedure.

so Android Auto isn't Android Auto.

cordially

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I have been trying to solve a tweak problem for a few weeks on a cx-3 (DK) 2018 with fw 59.00.545. In March I was able to do everything without problems, installations and uninstallations (now the installed applications work correctly, AA and AIO tweaks), now I have to bring the machine in assistance and I would like to remove all the tweaks but I can't, I tried many times to install and uninstall the tweaks, change USB, format them, but without result, I used serial connection to insert folder "XX", "ID7" and all the files but without result, I also tried to delete temporary files but I can not enter in the system, even using the username "user" or "cmu", password "jci", but it seems that nn are recognized. Unfortunately I can't get the phone to communicate even though I had SSH installed on MZD. I thought that I can downgrade to you 59.00.502 and maybe see if I can make something work, do you have any advice to give me to solve or I do damage with downgrade? Thanks

7841 - 7860 of 7892 Posts