2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

7821 - 7840 of 7892 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Was wondering is everyone still able to use AA wifi? I can't seem to connect to wifi anymore. :( Seems like google updated something and it stops working with AA over wifi :( Used to work fine for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was wondering is everyone still able to use AA wifi? I can't seem to connect to wifi anymore. :( Seems like google updated something and it stops working with AA over wifi :( Used to work fine for me.
I can connect to Wifi but no sound using AA V1.12 firmware v59.00.540ADR, Huawei Mate 9 Android Pie.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have made progress on these problems.
I would still like to know if
castscreen-1.0.apk or
castscreen-1,0.1.apk is the correct one.

My problem re using ssh I have made progress on.
I now realise I had to install windows 10 ssh server as well as client on my laptop.
Now I have both installed when I login to mazda head unit with
ssh [email protected] it now asks for password.
When I type jci it returns password not recognised please try again
I have also tried ssh [email protected] with same result

Any ideas where I am going wrong

Hi, I'm just installed a couple days AIO 2.8.4 + AA, I tested CastScreen app from AIO following the instruction but when connect the phone and start, just appear a seconds and disappear the screen in the MZD, tried wifi connection and wired connection, the same result.

Another things about AA, when put reverse i can see back camera, then in D, AA not returns, still on MZD connect, have to go application and select AA again.

Any suggestion ??

Have AIO 2.8.4 + AA installed on 59.00.443 4A N
Phone tested LG G5 SE Nougat 7.0 and Samsung A30 Pie 9.0

Regards.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello,

I wanted to make the bar on the left on Bar Speedometer indicate the rev, rather than speed BY DEFAULT.

I thought this would do, but it did not seem to have.

After manually editing these two values in the config file to ‘true’, it seems to have.

Was I missing something?

Thanks,
Yushi

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ok regarding AA with wireless. Think I fix my connection issue. I have to installed google messages and google carrier services. Today I installed those 2 and AA wifi works again. I did remember removing google messages before.

So anyone with a note 10+ try to install those from google and you'll have wifi AA again hahah

Yes sound still a problem with Wifi but I can live with that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question... i dont know if I'm doing something wrong or maby there is some hidden setting that i dont know about, but i don't have any navigation notifications on my HUD. Now i have AA 1.12 on 1.11 for a very short time i saw some notifications from Waze, now nothing happening.

·
Registered
637 Posts
If you have ssh access to the CMU, try erasing the content (all .bz2 files) in the folder "/tmp/mnt/data_persist/log/dumps/", and then re-execute again what I mentioned above. This was exactly what I did and it worked for me. The folder was full of log files with a total size of more than 400MB, preventing the system from executing tweaks.
@issam_isl : Thanks a lot for this info. Even if I had no problems with the MZD (70.00.335 EU), I did it yesterday and erased 23 MB dump files successfully. Before I did a backup of the dumps to the laptop/notebook.

Before:
list of mzd dump files - deleted at 20191116 - before.JPG
After:
list of mzd dump files - deleted at 20191116 - afterwards.JPG

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm trying to establish a serial connection to the CMU but putty is just showing a blank terminal. It says in the guide that text should be scrolling even if my car is off. I've checked the wiring a couple dozen times by now and I feel like its correct. The CP2102 is only showing a solid red on "ground" and I can't get anything else to happen. Any help is appreciated.

2016 Mazda 3 S Grand Touring on 70.00.021

·
Registered
12 Posts
To test your serial interface, connect its Tx directly to its own Rx and see if you can get the echo back on your terminal.

I seem to remember I had to install the driver manually, too.

As for connection, I was looking at the original picture and mistook the Rx & Tx. “--“ means connection, not “=“.

Hi everyone, I'm trying to establish a serial connection to the CMU but putty is just showing a blank terminal. It says in the guide that text should be scrolling even if my car is off. I've checked the wiring a couple dozen times by now and I feel like its correct. The CP2102 is only showing a solid red on "ground" and I can't get anything else to happen. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
637 Posts
@mmckinley : If you want to work AA compass correctly do not insert the Nav-SD after removing.

Alternative: Uninstall AA, go to AIO, choose AA as tweak to install and then at the bottom choose "GPS/compass fix" (or however its called there). Then reinstall AA. Then AA/Google Maps compass should work correctly - also with inserted Nav-SD.

·
Registered
42 Posts

If your RX is working, text should actually be scrolling on the screen, to test the TX you can try sending a reboot command: after login, witch is difficult to see with the scrolling text, just type "reboot" and then CR (return), if the TX signal is working the CMU would immediately reboot itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
To test your serial interface, connect its Tx directly to its own Rx and see if you can get the echo back on your terminal...

Using the echo was smart - I tried it out and it was working as expected. I eventually fiddled with it (mostly by swapping out jumper wires with others) and finally I got the Rx to work against the actual CMU, but the Tx didn't. In case it was the wires I got a pair that I got the Rx to work on and just swapped it into the Tx but it wasn't working. Then I couldn't get the Rx to work again with those wires. I'm not sure what I'm doing - the connection looks sound and everything should be right.

Also, to clarify, the guide says the CMU should prompt for login - does that happen on the headunit display or within the console? Either way, I tried typing the username + return, password + return, then "reboot" + return like issam suggested and nothing happened. Also when I put the flash drive in, does it matter into what port?

Thanks for your help - I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you see the text flying by?
If you did, you probably couldn’t see the prompt even if the unit shows it, because it just scrolls away from whatever you can see.

As for connection, how are you grounding?

Also, to clarify, the guide says the CMU should prompt for login - does that happen on the headunit display or within the console? Either way, I tried typing the username + return, password + return, then "reboot" + return like issam suggested and nothing happened. Also when I put the flash drive in, does it matter into what port?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you see the text flying by?
If you did, you probably couldn’t see the prompt even if the unit shows it, because it just scrolls away from whatever you can see.

As for connection, how are you grounding?
Yeah I saw the text fly by the two times I got it to work, both times I tried to rewire because the TX didn't seem to work.

I'm grounding under a screw. Here's a Pic of my setup. Note in the Pic I'm using a usb extension cable but I'm getting the same results even if I don't use it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you see text flying by, you won’t see the prompt or whatever you are typing.
What made you think that Tx wasn’t working?

BTW, I can’t seem to see the pic.

Yeah I saw the text fly by the two times I got it to work, both times I tried to rewire because the TX didn't seem to work.

I'm grounding under a screw. Here's a Pic of my setup. Note in the Pic I'm using a usb extension cable but I'm getting the same results even if I don't use it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you see text flying by, you won’t see the prompt or whatever you are typing.
What made you think that Tx wasn’t working?

BTW, I can’t seem to see the pic

Here's another attempt with the pic:
Like I said before, I tried sending the reboot command but didn't see anything happen. I assumed that would be a sure way to know if it was working. Is there another good way?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The link for the pic still doesn’t work.
I don’t know enough of Linux, so I need to leave that to other experts.

Here's another attempt with the pic:
Like I said before, I tried sending the reboot command but didn't see anything happen. I assumed that would be a sure way to know if it was working. Is there another good way?

7821 - 7840 of 7892 Posts