2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
6141 - 6161 of 9424 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tried out AA Wireless v1.09 today. My 2015 Mazda 3 is on 59.00.441A-NA firmware. AA Wireless technically worked but video on screen is pretty laggy and choppy. Waze audio and music audio choppy as well. It runs for a minute or two then I guess AA crashed and I return to regular CMU menu.

·
Registered
60 Posts
@Trezdog44, Can you check 546 with Android Auto issue I have?
When on 546, running Android Auto, if you press Home on the controls, it goes to a black screen and stays there. You have to press Audio/Favorites/or Nav to get it to exit that black screen. This is present in AIO 2.79 and 2.80.
Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I read a few pages back that a downgrade was done from 545EU to 532EU. I just installed 545NA and am wondering if I could do the same (but for NA)?
I clearly remember reading a while back that downgrades were no longer possible past 502!
Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
I read a few pages back that a downgrade was done from 545EU to 532EU. I just installed 545NA and am wondering if I could do the same (but for NA)?
I clearly remember reading a while back that downgrades were no longer possible past 502!
Thanks
Yes that's possible, I've done it. I went from 546NA to 504NA. Just do it like a normal firmware install. Notice that 546 has Gracenote 8.0 built in and 504 has 7.0.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes that's possible, I've done it. I went from 546NA to 504NA. Just do it like a normal firmware install. Notice that 546 has Gracenote 8.0 built in and 504 has 7.0.
Why would you want to downgrade? What’s better in 504?
On 545/546, when you're in Android Auto and you press Home on the car controller, it goes to a black screen. You then have to press, nav or music or favorites to get it to show something.
This wasn't fixed with AIO 2.80.

·
Registered
24 Posts
On 545/546, when you're in Android Auto and you press Home on the car controller, it goes to a black screen. You then have to press, nav or music or favorites to get it to show something.
This wasn't fixed with AIO 2.80.
When I was on 55.00.760A I had manually edited a file to disable the touchscreen lock (didn't use AIO) to allow the passenger to use navigation while driving... Now, having updated to 545, it's looks like the navigation was killed so unless I'm able to restore it (downgrading FW, different patch method, SD card mod). I might have to go the AA way... Do I really need a rooted phone?

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I was on 55.00.760A I had manually edited a file to disable the touchscreen lock (didn't use AIO) to allow the passenger to use navigation while driving... Now, having updated to 545, it's looks like the navigation was killed so unless I'm able to restore it (downgrading FW, different patch method, SD card mod). I might have to go the AA way... Do I really need a rooted phone?
I don't have a rooted phone, still using AA :) (Samsung Galaxy S6) I don't know why you would need a rooted phone for AA.
I even had to download the app and install it manually, because Google play didn't allow me to install AA.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's good news... I still use an older unrooted Galaxy S4...
My priority now is to figure out how to get navigation back (if even possible)... I installed this 2 years ago and got so used to it...
Had been thinking of "giving a shot" to a new FW... After reading about ID7 and then finding out about version 2.90 of the patch tool, I decided i'd risk it...
Bad move... Has anyone got it to work on 504+ FW?
At least AA is an option...

·
Treveloper
534 Posts
Hello,

The software freezes during compiling. Macbook and pc have the same problem. I'm using Mazda Aio 2.8.0

You have to choose a blank album art in the options I thought it chooses the default one if you don't choose one but I guess it doesn't and everyone just knew to choose one up until now or figured it out because you can see from the message that is what you are hanging up on. i will fix it for the next version but that is your issue you gotta choose a blank album art.

·
Treveloper
534 Posts
@Trezdog44, Can you check 546 with Android Auto issue I have?
When on 546, running Android Auto, if you press Home on the controls, it goes to a black screen and stays there. You have to press Audio/Favorites/or Nav to get it to exit that black screen. This is present in AIO 2.79 and 2.80.
Thanks.
Its tough for me to check this issue because running AA on the computer is not the same as in the car so somebody with 546 needs to do some troubleshooting on it.

·
Treveloper
534 Posts
Hi @Trezdog44, thank you very much for your work with AIO.

Yesterday I updated my FW to 59.00.546 and installed AIO 2.8.

Everything worked well, except that applications written in CASDK are not pulling data from the system. Simpledashboard always shows 0; multidash only get time and temp once at start and the rest of data are 0; VDD has all fields blank.

Please note that I already installed Flyandi's CASDK once in the past, so maybe there is some incompatibility between the original installation and the installation made trough AIO 2.8.

Any advice on how to fix it?

Thank you in advance.
If you send me a jCI backup I can tell you exactly whats up but its really ihard to diagnose an issue like this without a lot of details. You seem tech savy enough to do it yourself so you want to check /jci/scripts/stage_wifi.sh and /resources/aio/autorun/mzd-casdk.start and also /jci/casdk/ those are the data reader files and startup scripts. There seems to be some quirks in 546 that I missed so if you find any more problems let me know.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Having never tried AA I might have a few questions about it before I go ahead and try messing with my CMU...

Actually I might be able to formulate things in a single question:

Can AA work without having to ever touch the phone it self or having to mess around the wifi/networks on the CMU every time?

I'd want my phone to stay in my pocket with the display off at all times...

Once everything is properly setup... Sit in the car, take off, access google maps via AA without doing anything else? Is this how it currently works?
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2 Posts
AIO Tweaks OS Version 59.00.330 NA N

Hello Mazda Guru's.

I would like if someone could please explain to me if I can use AIO Tweaks? ( and if so what version i should install )

My OS Version is 59.00.330 NA N
Music Database Version is 00.05.000
Fail-safe Version is 59.00.330

Im feeling pretty unsure about all the information I am reading and I just got this new beauty.. I want to be sure that one I wont brick my system, and two that it works with my current OS/ FW Version.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Having never tried AA I might have a few questions about it before I go ahead and try messing with my CMU...

Actually I might be able to formulate things in a single question:

Can AA work without having to ever touch the phone it self or having to mess around the wifi/networks on the CMU every time?

I'd want my phone to stay in my pocket with the display off at all times...

Once everything is properly setup... Sit in the car, take off, access google maps via AA without doing anything else? Is this how it currently works?
Thanks guys!
Nope.

The "easiest" method is to use usb. Plug in USB and everything starts by itself.

But USB doesn't give enough charge so your phone will slowly drain.

To use WIFI, you'll need to enable hotspot, let car connect to it, then start the server on AA on your phone and that's it.

So not as seamless but can be done pretty quick

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you send me a jCI backup I can tell you exactly whats up but its really ihard to diagnose an issue like this without a lot of details. You seem tech savy enough to do it yourself so you want to check /jci/scripts/stage_wifi.sh and /resources/aio/autorun/mzd-casdk.start and also /jci/casdk/ those are the data reader files and startup scripts. There seems to be some quirks in 546 that I missed so if you find any more problems let me know.
Thanks to your hints I was able to solve the problem. 0:)

The vdt*.sh scripts weren't copied in the /jci/casdk directory. I don't know why they weren't copied the first time I installed AIO 2.8, but subsequent reinstalls didn't solve the issue because the /jci/casdk directory was there and the installation script checked for its existence and then skipped the copy of the scripts.

Many thanks again for your help and for the awesome work you're doing with AIO.

·
Registered
24 Posts
To use WIFI, you'll need to enable hotspot, let car connect to it, then start the server on AA on your phone and that's it.

So not as seamless but can be done pretty quick
Couldn't all this be somewhat automated? I'll have to check if Tasker could be used, maybe all triggered by the Bluetooth connection...

Still hope I'm able to get my good old navigation working again, on any 502+ FW...!

·
Registered
8 Posts
2016 Mazda 6 Touring, latest Mazda connect (forget the actual number, will check if needed), having a few issues with Android Auto.

Primarily, it sometimes seems to crash. Black screen, audio that I was playing via bluetooth from youtube on the phone stops, and AA will come back up if i reboot mazda connect or unplug and plug my phone back in. It is very intermittent. I've driven for over an hour without it happening, and i've had it happen 5+ times over the course of a 30 minute drive. Not a clue what could be causing it, I'm on a stock version of the Pixel 2 XL. I'm also using both USB ports in my center console via a hub and USB power cable to the hub, so my phone charges at 1amp (works really well).

I was also reading a few recent posts, and someone mentioned the black screen when they press the home button when coming out of Android Auto. I also get this, but didn't think anything of it since this is a hack. If you'd like me to do anything in particular to troubleshoot that for you, please let me know.

EDIT - Just noticed AIO has been updated, so I removed my non color tweaks (AA and touchscreen while moving) and reinstalled them with the new version. Still have the black screen, but it seems to get to the music screen quicker when i hit that button after hitting home so maybe an improvement? Will let you know if I see anymore AA crashes. Also just now noticed that on the Mazda Connect music screen, when playing something via bluetooth, it doesn't update the screen until i back out and go back in. It won't show me how far into the track i'm in period either it seems. I'm pretty sure this is new.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all,

I'm having a hard time trying to get the serial console connection to work. My PC shows the COM port and my wires are plugged in correctly. However, in Putty or SecureCRT, there isn't anything shown. I have the correct COM port and baud rate (speed) configured in Putty and SecureCRT. The cable I'm using is "PL2303 PL2303HX USB To UART TTL Cable Module 4p 4 Pin RS232 Converter Serial Adapter Cable Module PL2303HX Converter" from Aliexpress. Any ideas?

6141 - 6161 of 9424 Posts