2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
6121 - 6140 of 9424 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys, nice work with AIO 2.8.0 its an huge update!
I have few questions:

- There is a CASDK documentation for developers or I have to take a cue from existing projects?

- In the AIO's Changelogs you can read "Native apps such as those installed with AIO will run on the CASDK framework although apps are installed differently with CASDK. ". Does this mean it's better to install CASDK even if i wont use any CASDK app?

- There is a way to tourn on wifi on mazda by default? It's a nuisance to manual connect wifi every time!

Thank you very much for all your effort in this awsome project and sorry for my poor english..
I hope I was understandable

·
Treveloper
534 Posts
Hello. I have same question to. Actualy this part: before all this i need to install the ID7 recovery scripts pack in order to be able to install scripts via usb right? And after i do that is 100% sure it works? I love my video player. My mazda is 2015 and i have 449eu. Should i do it gradualy to 502, 532, 545? What firmware is more tweak frendly, and what is the change log?
I'm apollogise for bothering, but i need some answer.
Thank you very much.
Yes, all you need to do is install the recovery scripts before updating and you are good. You will not find a changelog for any FW version, the higher FW version you have the less tweak friendly it is but now they should all be compatible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello. I have same question to. Actualy this part: before all this i need to install the ID7 recovery scripts pack in order to be able to install scripts via usb right? And after i do that is 100% sure it works? I love my video player. My mazda is 2015 and i have 449eu. Should i do it gradualy to 502, 532, 545? What firmware is more tweak frendly, and what is the change log?
I'm apollogise for bothering, but i need some answer.

Thank you very much.
Some changelogs are located here:

https://github.com/drone540/mazda-firmware-changelogs

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes, all you need to do is install the recovery scripts before updating and you are good. You will not find a changelog for any FW version, the higher FW version you have the less tweak friendly it is but now they should all be compatible.
Thanks @Trezdog44 just to be sure, updating with tweaks installed might get into bootloop or some kind of issues? or if ID7 package is installed before, we can do an upgrade even with tweaks installed?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks @Trezdog44 just to be sure, updating with tweaks installed might get into bootloop or some kind of issues? or if ID7 package is installed before, we can do an upgrade even with tweaks installed?
You don't need to uninstall to upgrade firmware.
If you want to be sure, go and install the ID7 recovery.
Then you can upgrade firmware to 59.000.546. When it's finished you can install your tweaks made with MZD AIO 2.80.
No More Disclaimer and Audio Input Reorder List tweaks will need to be reinstalled after the first install.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone point me in the right direction... I want to upgrade the firmware on my 2014 Mazda 3 to a version that is compatible with AIO. I would imagine I would want to upgrade to a version that is at least lower than v59.00.502? I was able to install AIO in my 2016 CX-5 and I love it, but that had firmware v55.00.753 so I didn't need to upgrade it. It pains me that I can't have Android Auto when I drive the 3.

I'm in the U.S.
Firmware OS version is 31.00.100
Music Database Version is 00.02.000
Fail-Safe Version is 31.00.100.

Thanks!

20 Posts
You don't need to uninstall to upgrade firmware.
If you want to be sure, go and install the ID7 recovery.
Then you can upgrade firmware to 59.000.546. When it's finished you can install your tweaks made with MZD AIO 2.80.
No More Disclaimer and Audio Input Reorder List tweaks will need to be reinstalled after the first install.
Hello. Everything goes well. ID7 Recovery is doing his job. :D Thank you all for your support. I install all tweaks i need. Only one not working. USB Audio Mod.

Are some issue with compatibility, or i need to retry? I use 545EU.

Thank again to entire comunity.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That can't be what is causing your issue because it was never installed in the first place. If you try to install USB Audio MOD on v502+ in the log it will just say "v59.00.500+ is not compatible with USB Audio Mod" and no files are changed in that instance.
This actually seems like it may be unrelated to the tweaks because if the first artist and song info comes up then Gracenote is definitely not broken but the database it pulls information from may have something wrong with it. I did experiment with tweaks to disable/manipulate certain Gracenote functionalities but they are not currently included in AIO so I dont think this was directly caused by AIO tweaks. It may have been indirectly caused by AIO but that just means you need to do some digging around to find out why it happened.
yea it's weird because the "Powered by Gracenote" is gone ... and I remember setting it to be empty when I installed the USB Audio Mod

I may just update to latest FW and then reinstall ( this time without USB Audio mod :) )

·
Treveloper
534 Posts
yea it's weird because the "Powered by Gracenote" is gone ... and I remember setting it to be empty when I installed the USB Audio Mod

I may just update to latest FW and then reinstall ( this time without USB Audio mod :) )
Well you can check your AIO_log.txt to see what happened during he installation and I am pretty sure for the USB audio mod it will just have one message saying that it is not compatible and if it says that then no files were changed. Also, I could probably figure out why it happened if you send me the bakup & log files from the installation. I can definitely figure it out if you send me a JCI backup.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well you can check your AIO_log.txt to see what happened during he installation and I am pretty sure for the USB audio mod it will just have one message saying that it is not compatible and if it says that then no files were changed. Also, I could probably figure out why it happened if you send me the bakup & log files from the installation. I can definitely figure it out if you send me a JCI backup.
Thanks for being supportive of this community Trez. Hopefully you'll keep maintaining and enhancing this for people who can't afford the official upgrade of AA/CP

·
Registered
35 Posts
Problem with AIO 2.8 + CASDK

Hi @Trezdog44, thank you very much for your work with AIO.

Yesterday I updated my FW to 59.00.546 and installed AIO 2.8.

Everything worked well, except that applications written in CASDK are not pulling data from the system. Simpledashboard always shows 0; multidash only get time and temp once at start and the rest of data are 0; VDD has all fields blank.

Please note that I already installed Flyandi's CASDK once in the past, so maybe there is some incompatibility between the original installation and the installation made trough AIO 2.8.

Any advice on how to fix it?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi there, how can I have audio sync when casting android screen to mazda display?

Now I'm using the bluetooth connection but I have a notable lag in video.

Do you know if there is a way to delay bluetooth audio or if exists another way to stream audio when casting screen?

Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hy everyone,
maybe a dumb question: yesterday i installed cadsk and its applications (i'm on EU 59.00.545), but under the menu "application" nothing shows up, only the standard menu.
What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hy everyone,
maybe a dumb question: yesterday i installed cadsk and its applications (i'm on EU 59.00.545), but under the menu "application" nothing shows up, only the standard menu.
What am I doing wrong?
Did you have previous CASDK installation? I experienced the same problem. I had CASDK on my SD card and the AIO installer correctly added the new applications to my existing /apps/apps.js file, BUT failed to put an extra "," at the end of the existing array of applications. This error prevented the application list to load. The fix was easy.

I hope it helps you.

6121 - 6140 of 9424 Posts