2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 8028 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
So I've been doing some reading and this will be the first tweaks I install. I have a 2016 Mazda CX-5. By the sounds of it, I will just have to follow these steps after I get the USB made. Is this correct?

1. Insert into your car’s USB drive
2. Remove navigation card (if applicable)
3. Put the car in Accessory Mode so the touchscreen comes on
4. Be patient and wait, installation may take up to a minute. A screen will alert you the tweaks have been installed.
5. Remove USB drive and hold “BACK + NAV + MUTE” to reboot the CMU.

I have a cx-5 2016 abd that is exactly that

Make sure you have the right mzd version update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem, and solve using another USB Key.
It seems that some USB Key does't work as they have to.

Try and give us a feed back.

I found the Data Retrieval Complete fix. I don't want to steal anyone's hard work so i will just post the link to a previous thread which explains how to fix it. They included a dataRetrevial. config file that replaces the one from the original transfer to the USB.

Its post #2558 from oz_paulb

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2016-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/57714-infotainment-project-256.html#

·
Registered
211 Posts
Don't see the option to install AA from the list of things to install in the latest version 1.4 when launching the Choose.cmd.?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Not sure if it's related to the hacks, but my speed camera warning just kept repeating itself over and over this morning. It did the alert and then just repeated it ad infinitum. I did not apply any speed camera db or nav hacks at all. Maybe just a bog standard glitch.
I can remember, that I had the same problem some weeks ago.
A reboot has fixed it and it never came back again since then.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Siutsch,

First of thank you so much for these AIOs. Been using it for a while now.

However this morning I tried to install Diginix's speedometer via the AIO, it turns up greyed out on my MZD. I thought maybe I had to have the engine running, but it's still greyed out.

I'm on ADR firmware v56.

Is there a region issue do you think? Kph was selected.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Got It Sorted!

I had the same problem, and solve using another USB Key.
It seems that some USB Key does't work as they have to.

Try and give us a feed back.
First of all... THANK YOU to all who contributed to this All-In-One Tweak and especially the authors of the individual tweaks! Once I figured out what was going wrong, it worked beautifully.

I finally got everything sorted and installed v1.36 yesterday with some help from other posts on the main thread.
Choose.cmd ran fine and created the necessary install files properly and it also turns out that the USB was fine.
What I had to do was go into the tweaks.sh file and change "sd${USB}1" to "sd${USB}" on line 38. I also had to edit the dataRetrieval_config.txt file and change the last section from "sh /mnt/sd?1/tweaks.sh" to "sh /mnt/sd?/tweaks.sh". Basically I had to remove the "1" in any and all references to the USB location. It seems some of us have USB locations that look like sda1, sdb1, etc. and others, like me, simply have sda, sdb, etc. This explains why I had some success with other individual tweaks; their install files looked for USB location "sd*" (no "1").

I hope this helps anyone else having issues with USB installs.

If I may make a suggestion for future versions: Please drop the "1" from the USB location in the install files; I imagine that would take install success rate to 99% and save some unnecessary frustration.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
First of all... THANK YOU to all who contributed to this All-In-One Tweak and especially the authors of the individual tweaks! Once I figured out what was going wrong, it worked beautifully.

I finally got everything sorted and installed v1.36 yesterday with some help from other posts on the main thread.
Choose.cmd ran fine and created the necessary install files properly and it also turns out that the USB was fine.
What I had to do was go into the tweaks.sh file and change "sd${USB}1" to "sd${USB}" on line 38. I also had to edit the dataRetrieval_config.txt file and change the last section from "sh /mnt/sd?1/tweaks.sh" to "sh /mnt/sd?/tweaks.sh". Basically I had to remove the "1" in any and all references to the USB location. It seems some of us have USB locations that look like sda1, sdb1, etc. and others, like me, simply have sda, sdb, etc. This explains why I had some success with other individual tweaks; their install files looked for USB location "sd*" (no "1").

I hope this helps anyone else having issues with USB installs.

If I may make a suggestion for future versions: Please drop the "1" from the USB location in the install files; I imagine that would take install success rate to 99% and save some unnecessary frustration.
You are using an old version of AIO.

There is 1.40 already and 1.41 coming at weekend, I hope.

I use another method to find USB mount point, so it should work better with new version.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You are using an old version of AIO.

There is 1.40 already and 1.41 coming at weekend, I hope.

I use another method to find USB mount point, so it should work better with new version.
I read that some people were having problems with v1.40 (speedometer app specifically), so I thought I'd try v1.36 out.
I will say that I really like how v1.40 gives you a nice constant visual feedback of what tweaks you are choosing and that it lets you make changes without starting over.

Great job! Keep up the good work! I am definitely looking forward to v1.41!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, I want to install the AIO tweak but I have a problem I try to install the V40 , when I launch the Choose file, I chose what I like , then I press "1" to create the installation file. the problem is that when I press 1 the black windows just close and nothing is created ... I tried capitalized, without capital ect ... I don't know what i'm doing wrong: s

Windows 10 - computer in french with Azerty Keyboard

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I want to install the AIO tweak but I have a problem I try to install the V40 , when I launch the Choose file, I chose what I like , then I press "1" to create the installation file. the problem is that when I press 1 the black windows just close and nothing is created ... I tried capitalized, without capital ect ... I don't know what i'm doing wrong: s

Windows 10 - computer in french with Azerty Keyboard
Earlier in the thread, was mentioned as a bug. Don't press 1. Just select your options, then enter z to create the install folder. 2 for de-installtion works, but 1 doesn't.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry 2 problems
1) SPEEDOMETER app language is German and not english
2) CASTSCREEN install but I cannot make it work... I need only to connect phone by USB and start app on the phone with setting h264 an 1 mbps speed? I have no 800x600 resolution but 800x480...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Would it be feasable to include a feature in the AIO that would remove the Infotainment signature when user sends txt msg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Sorry 2 problems
1) SPEEDOMETER app language is German and not english
2) CASTSCREEN install but I cannot make it work... I need only to connect phone by USB and start app on the phone with setting h264 an 1 mbps speed? I have no 800x600 resolution but 800x480...
I will check speedometer installation variants again, but it should be english, if you choose it.

The castscreen receiver works here for me, so it could be a problem with your phone.
But it's still alpha, so I hope it will be better in the next weeks, we have to wait for daguschi, he is developer of this app.

41 - 60 of 8028 Posts