2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
5921 - 5940 of 9424 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone using a pixel 2XL? Wondering what USB cable you're using. I'm having constant disconnecting issues, which the leaves the CMU at a blank black screen and I have to reboot it.

I see this is an issue with many users of the 2xl across multiple AA headunits. I'm using the USB Anto USB C cable.that came with my Nexus 6p. Google suggests using a different cable. Looking for one that is known to work.

Thx.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone using a pixel 2XL? Wondering what USB cable you're using. I'm having constant disconnecting issues, which the leaves the CMU at a blank black screen and I have to reboot it.

I see this is an issue with many users of the 2xl across multiple AA headunits. I'm using the USB Anto USB C cable.that came with my Nexus 6p. Google suggests using a different cable. Looking for one that is known to work.

Thx.
I've got a 2 XL as well. Was working pretty good with a braided Anker cable until yesterday... Now only WiFi AA works for me :/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

First post, 2017 Mazda 6 driver in the UK.

MZD firmware V59.00.502 EU
Phone = Galaxy S8
AIO 2.7.9
AA 1.09 (just installed)

AA is working fine, but after reversing or parking sensor alert, screen reverts back to Mazda Connect if lucky, or a black screen. Then recovery is a system reset (mute, nav, return buttons). Is there a fix for this? I assume it's a serial (USB) handshake upset.

Also, Waze doesn't!. Can't find position at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the chance to try wireless AA (via developer mode) on a long drive.
My Mazda Connect will automatically connect to my hotspot if I turn hotspot on my phone on.
(1) AA on headunit will start almost immediately after Mazda headunit is connected to hotspot. Just a tad slower than USB I think. The funny thing is that I think it is more stable than USB. On USB, most of the time when I put my car in reverse and then in drive again. AA on headunit will loose video focus. I did try FAV button to gain focus but without much success. I need to restart headunit for AA to regain video focus. On wireless connection, it just works flawlessly. I need more time to confirm this but first impressions have been very good.
(2) The experience has been smooth so far if I only use Google Map for navigation. Once I started Spotify for music, there will be noticable lag (5-6 second delays) when trying to do anything on AA on headunit screen. Like someone said in one of the post above, if I turn music on and do not do anything else both navigation and music will run just fine. I will try with other music app and report back.
(3) I tried only Spotify and AA on headunit will lag. I think this might relate to how music is transferred in AA.
(4) I use Simple System Monitor app to monitor network bandwith between phone and headunit. Peak bandwidth is 1.6MB/s, average bandwidth when using both nagivation and music was 500-600KB/s.
(5) Headunit CPU load on average was below 50%.

My system:
Phone: Xiaomi Note 4X (Snapdragon 625, 4GB RAM) on MIUI 9.5 (Android version 7.0), rooted
AA version: 3.2.581534
Mazda version: 56.00.240 4A N

Thanks Trezdog and all people that has contributed to this project.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have 50.00.504 NA I've done the serial method to put MZD AIO.
I would like to update to 540, can I just load up the 2 firmware files and do it?
Also, is there a dedicated forum for MZD AIO stuff rather than this 591 page thread?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have 50.00.504 NA I've done the serial method to put MZD AIO.
I would like to update to 540, can I just load up the 2 firmware files and do it?
Also, is there a dedicated forum for MZD AIO stuff rather than this 591 page thread?
Sorry I meant I have 59.00.504 NA N. Would like to update to whatever the latest is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry I meant I have 59.00.504 NA N. Would like to update to whatever the latest is.
Yeah, if you want to double check the recovery is good, run the recovery check. If everything is good to go load up the files and update to the latest firmware. Remember press clutch or brake pedal, I like to play music through my phone and everytime a song ends I'll press the brake just to make sure the car doesn't shut off

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got a 2 XL as well. Was working pretty good with a braided Anker cable until yesterday... Now only WiFi AA works for me :/
Not 100% sure yet, but I updated to the latest Android Auto version available on APKMirror.com and had an initial disconnect right away, then it started up again and worked and the following two drives no disconnects, but they were only about 5 minutes each.

I'm sure its placebo effect, but I'm hoping. I may go to AA Wireless since I don't use music much through the phone right now. I just need something other than the terrible stock nav system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm running into an issue where AA isn't displayed in my list of apps most of the time. It still works if I plug the phone in, but it just doesn't show (even as grayed out) as an option on the apps screen. I've tried reinstalling the app with no change

Also, if I go back to mazda CMU to do something, how do I get back to AA? Is there a button mapped for this since I can't go back to apps and select AA (since it's usually missing from my list)?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm running into an issue where AA isn't displayed in my list of apps most of the time. It still works if I plug the phone in, but it just doesn't show (even as grayed out) as an option on the apps screen. I've tried reinstalling the app with no change

Also, if I go back to mazda CMU to do something, how do I get back to AA? Is there a button mapped for this since I can't go back to apps and select AA (since it's usually missing from my list)?
What CMU version are you running?

·
Registered
1 Posts
AIO / TPMS Question

I have a quick question regarding the AIO tweaks / infotainment system that I can't seem to find the answer on this site, or on mazdas247.com. Forgive me if I've missed it somewhere.

I have a 2017 CX-5, which uses individual TPMS sensors in each wheel as opposed to the previous generation's wheel speed sensors. It's my understanding that the individual sensor data is available to be read through the CAN data, however Mazda for some reason has decided that a single alert light on the dash is sufficient and that we don't need to see each tires pressure.

Do we (by "we" I mean the AIO tweak community) have the ability to build an app for use on the infotainment system that can display the individual tire pressure data? Does such an app already exist? This would be an awesome addition to the car, especially if the data is already there waiting to be displayed.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
60 Posts
Had a slight scare today when I updated from 59.00.504 NA N to 59.00.545. Update went fine. Of course all the tweaks were gone, I then reinstalled all the tweaks and when it rebooted, it was stuck on the Mazda logo with a circle animation. I left it for a few minutes, nothing, restarted still same thing.
I then went to my computer and was making another USB to uninstall all the tweaks and prepping a bunch of USBs with a couple tweaks at a time so I can narrow down if a tweak was incompatible. Spent about 15 minutes.
I went back to the car, turn it on, and it was fine! Phew. All the tweaks I installed right after the update worked.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had a slight scare today when I updated from 59.00.504 NA N to 59.00.545. Update went fine. Of course all the tweaks were gone, I then reinstalled all the tweaks and when it rebooted, it was stuck on the Mazda logo with a circle animation. I left it for a few minutes, nothing, restarted still same thing.
I then went to my computer and was making another USB to uninstall all the tweaks and prepping a bunch of USBs with a couple tweaks at a time so I can narrow down if a tweak was incompatible. Spent about 15 minutes.
I went back to the car, turn it on, and it was fine! Phew. All the tweaks I installed right after the update worked.
maybe you were not quite calm :laugh2:

·
Registered
316 Posts
It will come back after cold start/reboot. Problem is the "No More Disclaimer" tweak. @Trezdog44 is aware of it and has a fix that will go into the next AIO update. Uninstall that one until he publishes the update.

5921 - 5940 of 9424 Posts