2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
4881 - 4900 of 9370 Posts

·
Treveloper
534 Posts
.502 issue? Anyone having issues with the radio intermittently cutting out after the. 502 update?
The changes made in .502 made all the audio apps worse. I don't know why they did it but they completely changed the USB audio app and pretty much broke it so that it is basically no longer useable especially if you have a lot of songs and playlists it just lags and stutters all day. I don't know about the radio app but I can only assume they did something terrible to that too.
I upgraded from FW 33.00.50 to 55.00.753A then installed AIO 2.7.2 with AA 1.07. Everything works amazingly well. Far better than I had imagined. I have discovered one small issue. When my phone is plugged into the USB for AA and I receive a call the call gets dropped after exactly 1 minute. When I initiate the call, it seems to work fine (tested up to 7 minutes).
Perhaps this may be due to the fact that my FW is only 55.00.753A (I am not able to download FW 59.00.441A (from Mazda-MZD Connect FIRMWARE Downloads-UPDATED thread), I keep getting error 403, see attached image).
Has anyone had any similar issues with AA/Bluetooth? Or is some able to help me get FW 59.00.441A and I can give it a shot to see if the issue is resolved?
I truly appreciate this community and the tremendous effort put towards enhancing our Mazdas.
I have 55.00.753A and I haven't gotten this issue with the latest AA. But don't worry there will be another version of AA out here in the next few days with more code fixes so maybe that will help.
I have Windows 7 64bit, no problem with AIO previous versions
No one?
i got the same issue with version 2.7.2 32bit version.. "bootbox is not defined" .... any help?
OK guys did you try uninstalling and reinstalling? If that doesn't help find the files at c:/users/{you}/appData/local/programs/MZD-AIO-TI and you can delete that folder and try installing again. also if you have any usb drives plugged in that are not mounted (like you ejected the drive but didn't pull it out yet) AIO doesn't like that for some reason sometimes it will give you an error so disconnect any external drives and try installing it again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
OK guys did you try uninstalling and reinstalling? If that doesn't help find the files at c:/users/{you}/appData/local/programs/MZD-AIO-TI and you can delete that folder and try installing again. also if you have any usb drives plugged in that are not mounted (like you ejected the drive but didn't pull it out yet) AIO doesn't like that for some reason sometimes it will give you an error so disconnect any external drives and try installing it again.
Yes: uninstalling and reinstalling was the first thing I did (multiple times), and I restarted my PC.

Tried again right now with 2.7.2 just downloaded, no USB device connected, very little hope:.... this time it works!

Honestly I did nothing different, just checked the folder was deleted before reinstalling.

Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
Sorry if this was asked before. I did a few tweaks with previous version of AIO 2.6. Now I want to use updated one AIO 2.7.2

Should I uninstall previous tweaks I installed before apply new one or can I just overwrite new version without uninstalling previous one.
Thanks for advance

·
Treveloper
534 Posts
Yes: uninstalling and reinstalling was the first thing I did (multiple times), and I restarted my PC.
Tried again right now with 2.7.2 just downloaded, no USB device connected, very little hope:.... this time it works!
Honestly I did nothing different, just checked the folder was deleted before reinstalling.
Thank you
Thats great, reinstalling should do the trick if you get that error but for others if youre seeing "bootbox is not defined" that actually means that the whole main program archive cant be read (bootbox is just the first module alphabetically so it throws the error right away) so it might be something that has to do with file permissions or something like that but I wouldn't be able to tell what caused it because that error would come up if it can't be read for any reason.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The changes made in .502 made all the audio apps worse. I don't know why they did it but they completely changed the USB audio app and pretty much broke it so that it is basically no longer useable especially if you have a lot of songs and playlists it just lags and stutters all day. I don't know about the radio app but I can only assume they did something terrible to that too.
I'm going to give this more time. It may have been a fluke. When I think back to when this occurred I may have been in a spot(s) where it couldn't get a signal. Happened a few times in the first couple of days after the update (thought I was just out on the open road) and now I haven't heard the issues since. Happened a couple of times when in the canyon which is normal. However, I have had some issues with phone calls where the Infotainment system locks up and Have to hold down the three buttons to reboot. Typically this happens after a call (not using AA or Cast Screen) but not always. Is this do to AIO tweaks or was this known in .441 and .502?

Also:

Where do I find:

• What happened to the addon compass for the notification bar?
  • How to use playlists. Can see mine but not play them: m3u
  • Is there an addon for MPG this trip that would show in the notification bar?

·
Registered
Mazda 3, 2015, SkyActiv, 1.5L, 120hp, 6AT, Touring+, Titanium Flash Mica
530 Posts
@Trezdog44, to enable AIO for unknown version I should:
# Removing the comment (#) from the following line will allow MZD-AIO-TI to run with unknown fw versions ** ONLY MODIFY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING **
show_message_OK "Detected previously unknown version ${CMU_SW_VER}!\n\n To continue anyway choose YES\n To abort choose NO"

Remove # from second line like this?

AND

# To run unknown FW you need to comment out or remove the following 2 lines
# mount -o ro,remount /
# exit 0

add # in two last lines like this?

·
Treveloper
534 Posts
I'm going to give this more time. It may have been a fluke. When I think back to when this occurred I may have been in a spot(s) where it couldn't get a signal. Happened a few times in the first couple of days after the update (thought I was just out on the open road) and now I haven't heard the issues since. Happened a couple of times when in the canyon which is normal. However, I have had some issues with phone calls where the Infotainment system locks up and Have to hold down the three buttons to reboot. Typically this happens after a call (not using AA or Cast Screen) but not always. Is this do to AIO tweaks or was this known in .441 and .502?
You know I have had tons of different problems and issues with calls but not lately. We are still cleaning up a new version of AA headunit that handles calls even better with the new improvements that Google made to that AA app itself.
    It comes with the Speedometer App that's how we get the data. You just choose Speedometer in Statusbar in the options.​
    I have no idea. The completely changed the USB audio app and some of the drivers even. Like I said before, they pretty much broke it my buddy @enslen who created the USB Audio Mod told me all about it and he has the most knowledge about particular aspect.​
    No but I am working on a new speedometer mod based on one from this other thread http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...4-speedo-meter-useful-infomation-km-only.html but I adapted it to the better methods because the installer that guy wrote makes some very dangerous and unnecessary changes to your system files while the speedometer from AIO doesnt change any system files at all (stage_wifi.sh doesnt count). Anyways I took his design and additional readings and I added them to the speedometer background data collection process and I even made a MAJOR performance improvement to that cutting the active data collection process threads and open websocket connections from 6 to 2 and at the same time adding 5 more value readings. I called it simple_speedometer at first but once I got into it that name doesn't really fit it anymore. Anyways, I already added outside temperature to the status bar speedometer maybe I will pair that with mpg but its a little tricky because I made it so that value can be toggled (like in the speedometer variant) from mpg to L/100km so maybe I will replace the label with an icon to save room or something.​
@Trezdog44, to enable AIO for unknown version I should:
# Removing the comment (#) from the following line will allow MZD-AIO-TI to run with unknown fw versions ** ONLY MODIFY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING **
show_message_OK "Detected previously unknown version ${CMU_SW_VER}!\n\n To continue anyway choose YES\n To abort choose NO"
Remove # from second line like this?
AND
# To run unknown FW you need to comment out or remove the following 2 lines
# mount -o ro,remount /
# exit 0
add # in two last lines like this?
That is one way to do it but this really depends on what firmware you are doing this for and what your goals are. there are only 3 reasons why you would want to do this
1. Installing on version less than v55 - I would not recommend this but hey it's your stuff so it's your choice
2. Development Version - has numbers other than "00" between the major version and the minor (ie 59.00.502) AIO wont install on dev versions I kind of did this to mess with the developers if they ever tried to run tweaks on a dev version
3. Version after 59.00.504 - in this case you may want to do this another way. up at the top of the code there is a function compatibility_check() where you will see the different groups of versions that share the same compatibility as far as AIO is concerned so if it is a minor version after 59.00.504 you may want to add it to the same compatibility group but if its a major version like V60.00.XXX I would suggest sending me a JCI backup before doing either of those things because who knows what they will change in that release.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,
I apologize if this has been asked before, but I wasn't able to find anything in the search -
when using AA 1.07 - is the NAV button supposed to activate/return to AA?

in v1.04 release change log it does say "FAV () - Regain video focus"

currently I have to go to "apps -> android auto" every time I want to return to AA.
I do have an aftermarket (shitty) android box running waze (can't believe I bought that) that is currently mapped to it, but wanted to know if it's supposed to work like that (NAV = AA), so I know where the problem is.

Thanks, and thanks @Trezdog44 for his great work!

again I'm sorry but I'm new here, been trying to figure out to to mention/tag @Trezdog44 and wasn't able to...:|

·
Treveloper
534 Posts
Hi all,
I apologize if this has been asked before, but I wasn't able to find anything in the search -
when using AA 1.07 - is the NAV button supposed to activate/return to AA?
in v1.04 release change log it does say "FAV () - Regain video focus"
currently I have to go to "apps -> android auto" every time I want to return to AA.
I do have an aftermarket (shitty) android box running waze (can't believe I bought that) that is currently mapped to it, but wanted to know if it's supposed to work like that (NAV = AA), so I know where the problem is.
Thanks, and thanks @Trezdog44 for his great work!
again I'm sorry but I'm new here, been trying to figure out to to mention/tag @Trezdog44 and wasn't able to...:|
The "FAV button to regain focus" you are referring to was a workaround for losing video focus (but not touch control focus) during a call when we were still working out the Bluetooth call bug but I don't know why you would think that meant that the NAV button would open AA... That was never a thing. If you have AA open and press the NAV button it will take you to the AA home screen (the middle one) but we wouldn't re-map an already designated button like NAV to open AA because that would eliminate that button's original function and that's not what we are trying to do.
And before anyone asks why NAV button doesn't take you to the AA navigation screen it is because we do not know the "keycode" that is designated to that function. You see this is a reverse engineered project meaning it was build with minimal knowledge of the underlying framework most of the functionality was built through guessing, testing, trial, and error so in order to find out what that code is you need to try each code that we haven't already figured out between the numbers 0x00 and 0xFF which is all the 2 digit hexadecimal numbers and fun fact there's 256 of them to try.
EDIT: after saying that I wondered if I could just look up the standard Android keycodes and I actually found a complete list of them. I'm not really an Android developer so this info is new to me and might turn out to be very useful.
EDIT2: There is no standard keycode for navigation but I did find the one to open the music screen # 0xD1

·
Registered
Mazda 3, 2015, SkyActiv, 1.5L, 120hp, 6AT, Touring+, Titanium Flash Mica
530 Posts
That is one way to do it but this really depends on what firmware you are doing this for and what your goals are. there are only 3 reasons why you would want to do this
3. Version after 59.00.504 - in this case you may want to do this another way. up at the top of the code there is a function compatibility_check() where you will see the different groups of versions that share the same compatibility as far as AIO is concerned so if it is a minor version after 59.00.504 you may want to add it to the same compatibility group but if its a major version like V60.00.XXX I would suggest sending me a JCI backup before doing either of those things because who knows what they will change in that release.
Thanks, used this option instead. Changed elif [ $_VER_EXT -lt 510 ] to elif [ $_VER_EXT -lt 540 ] and it did the trick.
I'm on 59.00.532 now. Whoever responsible for Mazda Ukraine Facebook account told me, in response to my question, that this FW version only has Ukrainian interface language added without any other bug fixes or changes.

Installed:
1. Background Rotator (for the first time ever. Previously just changed background to other image)
2. Touchscreen while moving (haven't tested it yet. But it worked on 59.00.502)
3. Reverse Camera Safety Warning (haven't tested it yet too)
4. Main Menu Loop
5. Shorter Delay Mod
6. Remove Background Overlays -> Behind Buttons. (Now Playing is that big transparent background on ~95% of the screen behind the whole player?)
7. No More Disclaimer
8. Improved List Loop
9. Pause on Mute
10. Bigger Album Art + Full Width Titles
11. Change Blank Album Art Frame -> Transparent
+ FLAC tweak (separately, not from AIO)

Everything works fine (except where noted that tweak was not yet tested).
FLAC tweak works fine too. @Trezdog44, I guess you can add it to AIO for 59.00.502+ versions. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alz-w1p-Q8ZFgYFUrDCJCdP8nWl3aQ

·
Registered
148 Posts
You know I have had tons of different problems and issues with calls but not lately. We are still cleaning up a new version of AA headunit that handles calls even better with the new improvements that Google made to that AA app itself.
    It comes with the Speedometer App that's how we get the data. You just choose Speedometer in Statusbar in the options.​
    I have no idea. The completely changed the USB audio app and some of the drivers even. Like I said before, they pretty much broke it my buddy @enslen who created the USB Audio Mod told me all about it and he has the most knowledge about particular aspect.​
    No but I am working on a new speedometer mod based on one from this other thread http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...4-speedo-meter-useful-infomation-km-only.html but I adapted it to the better methods because the installer that guy wrote makes some very dangerous and unnecessary changes to your system files while the speedometer from AIO doesnt change any system files at all (stage_wifi.sh doesnt count). Anyways I took his design and additional readings and I added them to the speedometer background data collection process and I even made a MAJOR performance improvement to that cutting the active data collection process threads and open websocket connections from 6 to 2 and at the same time adding 5 more value readings. I called it simple_speedometer at first but once I got into it that name doesn't really fit it anymore. Anyways, I already added outside temperature to the status bar speedometer maybe I will pair that with mpg but its a little tricky because I made it so that value can be toggled (like in the speedometer variant) from mpg to L/100km so maybe I will replace the label with an icon to save room or something.​
Thank you!

I find the current speedometer app interesting but, for me, it displays too much information on one screen (plus, when installed, I run into performance issues). Not that I don't understand it but that app, IMO, would be better if you can choose what to display instead. It would be great to see MPG this trip in the status bar. I find when this is displayed I pay more attention to my driving habits and get better MPG. Otherwise I leave it on the MPG this trip screen so I can monitor and I like the idea of leaving the screen at music so I can see the song and artist. Just some thoughts. Thanks again for all your work!

·
Treveloper
534 Posts
Thank you!

I find the current speedometer app interesting but, for me, it displays too much information on one screen (plus, when installed, I run into performance issues). Not that I don't understand it but that app, IMO, would be better if you can choose what to display instead. It would be great to see MPG this trip in the status bar. I find when this is displayed I pay more attention to my driving habits and get better MPG. Otherwise I leave it on the MPG this trip screen so I can monitor and I like the idea of leaving the screen at music so I can see the song and artist. Just some thoughts. Thanks again for all your work!
Well guess what buddy I fixed the performance issues and made it fully customizable. You just have to edit one file and you can set the position number of each value or hide values so I made it so you can cycle between 3 sets of 5 values across the bottom (labeled vehDataBar) and have 4 always showing on the right side going down. Eventually I will make like a separate config file and probably be able to make it with AIO but for now it not hard to customize you just edit the class value so like vehDataBar1 pos1 is the value for first bar on the very left and vehDataBar3 pos5 is all the way to the right on the 3rd bar so it will be very easy and intuitive to edit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well guess what buddy I fixed the performance issues and made it fully customizable. You just have to edit one file and you can set the position number of each value or hide values so I made it so you can cycle between 3 sets of 5 values across the bottom (labeled vehDataBar) and have 4 always showing on the right side going down. Eventually I will make like a separate config file and probably be able to make it with AIO but for now it not hard to customize you just edit the class value so like vehDataBar1 pos1 is the value for first bar on the very left and vehDataBar3 pos5 is all the way to the right on the 3rd bar so it will be very easy and intuitive to edit.

I didn't catch correctly. Are you still working on the modified speedometer or it is already available for download somewhere?
thanks.

·
Treveloper
534 Posts
I didn't catch correctly. Are you still working on the modified speedometer or it is already available for download somewhere?
thanks.
I'm pretty much done we could call this a pre-release but it's pretty much ready to go so here: http://speedo.mazdatweaks.win
The controls go like this:
Select - cycle through the 3 value sets
Tilt up - toggle mpg & km/h
Tilt right - toggle km/L & L/100km (only in km/h mode)
Tilt left - toggle background

and if you have the desire to customize where each value is located I made it easy enough so here is how you do that:
open the file /config/speedometer/jci/gui/apps/_speedometer/templates/SpeedoMeter/js/SpeedoMeterTmplt.js
open that file and you will see some code, don't be afraid it's mostly harmless. now go down to line 83 and you will see some things like this
Code:
'      <fieldset id="engineSpeedFieldSet" class="[I]vehDataMain pos4[/I]">' +
'	<legend class="vehDataLegends">Engine Speed</legend>' +
'	<div class="engineSpeedValue">0</div>' +
'     </fieldset>' +
'     <fieldset id="tripTimeFieldSet" class="[I]vehDataBar1 pos1[/I]">'+
'       <legend class="vehDataLegends">Drive Time</legend>'+
'       <div class="tripTimeValue">0:00</div>'+
'     </fieldset>'+
So you dont have to move any of the lines around all you need to do is change the numbers in the "class" field of the fieldset tag.
So only change what is in quotes after class=
vehDataMain puts the value in the right side column
pos1 - pos4 are the 4 values going top to bottom
vehDataBar1 - vehDataBar3 will put the value in one of the 3 groups on the bottom row. When you open the speedometer it will always start with #1
pos1 - pos5 is each value going left to right on the bottom row - if you name 2 the same row and position they will both be there and overlap each other.
so just for some clear examples vehDataBar1 pos1 is the first row all the way to the left and vehDataBar3 pos5 is the 3rd row all the way to the right
vehDataMain pos1 is the top of the right column vehDataMain pos4 is at the bottom. the only tricky thing may be moving something to or from the bottom bar and side column. That's why you can just replace vehDataBar with vehDataMain or vice versa to accomplish that. The values in the code are in the same order as they appear in the app except for one to remind you you don't have to move anything you can just change the numbers.
One more thing is you can put "hidden" in the class field to hide a value as well and it doesn't matter what else is in there you can leave the position as a placeholder.
If you go and do this yourself you will find 2 hidden values but you probably want to keep it limited to 20 things.
I hope that is easy enough instructions for anyone who wants to do it oh yea and I optimized the hell out of this code improving the performance by a crazy amount. The data collection process used to be actually 6 processes each making their own websocket connection. While adding all the extra data reading I narrowed that down to just 2 collecting all the data. Now you would think that would make it 3 times faster but it actually makes it 2 to the power of 3 times faster.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm pretty much done we could call this a pre-release but it's pretty much ready to go so here: http://speedo.mazdatweaks.win
The controls go like this:
Select - cycle through the 3 value sets
Tilt up - toggle mpg & km/h
Tilt right - toggle km/L & L/100km (only in km/h mode)
Tilt left - toggle background

and if you have the desire to customize where each value is located I made it easy enough so here is how you do that:
open the file /config/speedometer/jci/gui/apps/_speedometer/templates/SpeedoMeter/js/SpeedoMeterTmplt.js
open that file and you will see some code, don't be afraid it's mostly harmless. now go down to line 83 and you will see some things like this
Code:
'      <fieldset id="engineSpeedFieldSet" class="[I]vehDataMain pos4[/I]">' +
'	<legend class="vehDataLegends">Engine Speed</legend>' +
'	<div class="engineSpeedValue">0</div>' +
'     </fieldset>' +
'     <fieldset id="tripTimeFieldSet" class="[I]vehDataBar1 pos1[/I]">'+
'       <legend class="vehDataLegends">Drive Time</legend>'+
'       <div class="tripTimeValue">0:00</div>'+
'     </fieldset>'+
So you dont have to move any of the lines around all you need to do is change the numbers in the "class" field of the fieldset tag.
So only change what is in quotes after class=
vehDataMain puts the value in the right side column
pos1 - pos4 are the 4 values going top to bottom
vehDataBar1 - vehDataBar3 will put the value in one of the 3 groups on the bottom row. When you open the speedometer it will always start with #1
pos1 - pos5 is each value going left to right on the bottom row - if you name 2 the same row and position they will both be there and overlap each other.
so just for some clear examples vehDataBar1 pos1 is the first row all the way to the left and vehDataBar3 pos5 is the 3rd row all the way to the right
vehDataMain pos1 is the top of the right column vehDataMain pos4 is at the bottom. the only tricky thing may be moving something to or from the bottom bar and side column. That's why you can just replace vehDataBar with vehDataMain or vice versa to accomplish that. The values in the code are in the same order as they appear in the app except for one to remind you you don't have to move anything you can just change the numbers.
One more thing is you can put "hidden" in the class field to hide a value as well and it doesn't matter what else is in there you can leave the position as a placeholder.
If you go and do this yourself you will find 2 hidden values but you probably want to keep it limited to 20 things.
I hope that is easy enough instructions for anyone who wants to do it oh yea and I optimized the hell out of this code improving the performance by a crazy amount. The data collection process used to be actually 6 processes each making their own websocket connection. While adding all the extra data reading I narrowed that down to just 2 collecting all the data. Now you would think that would make it 3 times faster but it actually makes it 2 to the power of 3 times faster.
It looks wonderful, but I'm getting no GPS data filling in, is that expected with this version?
speed is 3-5km off speedo, is that due to GPS correction? It's no concern, it reads lower than the IC.

Temperatures don't look right. I made a slight change so they're reporting in metric as we don't do Fahrenheit here, and thought it might have been that, but I uninstalled and reinstalled without any changes to verify and they gave the exact same results. External temperature was reporting 3c below the value displayed on the instrument cluster, coolant was reporting 53c (127f) which is far too low.

4881 - 4900 of 9370 Posts