2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

2821 - 2840 of 7754 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,821
Trez, can you split FLAC support and Media order tweaks?
I suppose that there might be people who want only one of those two.
It's the same file, that has to be patched for that (/jci/lib/libmc_user.so)

The patcher from diorcety can patch the file for both (media order and FLAC support) or only one, the file we provide for that tweak is patched for both.

But the problem is due to an incorrectly backed up original file (there are 3 different original and tweaked files depending an FW version), so the best way to fix this is to modify the uninstaller for that tweak, I think here could be the problem.
Some of the people, who had bricked their CMU uninstalled that tweak, although it was not installed at all, or something like this.

·
Treveloper
528 Posts
Trez, can you split FLAC support and Media order tweaks?
I suppose that there might be people who want only one of those two.
Actually that is a little tricky to do and would be a lot of work. That tweak patches a binary file (plus adds a few) that is specific to each firmware version and that's why it can sometimes cause issues. Anyways, I don't know the details of the binaries nor do I know how to compile them and it's very difficult to test because each firmware needs to be tested separately and it can't be tested using an emulator.

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2016-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/117162-media-flac-support-track-ordering.html is the thread about the tweak.

So It can be done but it would be a lot of work to patch 2 more binaries for each FW and test them on real CMUs but if you want only one or the other you can preform the patch yourself with the instructions here: https://github.com/diorcety/mazda3/wiki/Media-flac-patching.

Out of all the tweaks there are only 2 that I don't really know how to patch and that would be this one - Media Order Patch & FLAC support - and the Speedcam Patch - because they patch binary files that need to be compiled and I don't know very much about them.
I've patched all the other tweaks up to FW v59.00.443.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Best version of Mazda head unit software to work with AIO

I plan to go in for service in about 2 months and they may do an update. I'm running v55.00.753A-NA. I know v59.x is out. Is it still best to leave at v55 or does it matter anymore? I'm only using a few tweaks like larger album art, continuous menu loop, change blank album art frame and order of audio source list. I really want to use AA but have not yet as it sounds like it has bugs yet (would like to use AA from commander know and steering wheel).

·
Registered
375 Posts
It's the same file, that has to be patched for that (/jci/lib/libmc_user.so)

The patcher from diorcety can patch the file for both (media order and FLAC support) or only one, the file we provide for that tweak is patched for both.

But the problem is due to an incorrectly backed up original file (there are 3 different original and tweaked files depending an FW version), so the best way to fix this is to modify the uninstaller for that tweak, I think here could be the problem.
Some of the people, who had bricked their CMU uninstalled that tweak, although it was not installed at all, or something like this.
Actually that is a little tricky to do and would be a lot of work. That tweak patches a binary file (plus adds a few) that is specific to each firmware version and that's why it can sometimes cause issues. Anyways, I don't know the details of the binaries nor do I know how to compile them and it's very difficult to test because each firmware needs to be tested separately and it can't be tested using an emulator.

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2016-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/117162-media-flac-support-track-ordering.html is the thread about the tweak.

So It can be done but it would be a lot of work to patch 2 more binaries for each FW and test them on real CMUs but if you want only one or the other you can preform the patch yourself with the instructions here: https://github.com/diorcety/mazda3/wiki/Media-flac-patching.

Out of all the tweaks there are only 2 that I don't really know how to patch and that would be this one - Media Order Patch & FLAC support - and the Speedcam Patch - because they patch binary files that need to be compiled and I don't know very much about them.
I've patched all the other tweaks up to FW v59.00.443.
Ok, I get it. Thanks for your replies, @Siutsch and @Trezdog44.
Given we have such issues with FLAC support, and I was going to update my 56 to 59, removing all of the installed tweaks before doing the upgrade, I'd like to know which version of AIO is better to be used for uninstall.
Basically, what was asked few posts earlier by @liorm.

I installed flack support using AIO v1.51 back then and i do remember some people reported bricking their CMU after trying to remove it (i think it was because the script pushed back a wrong backup system file instead of the original one).
Have this bug been corrected?
Should i use AIO v1.51 to remove my tweak or should i use latest AIO even though i did not use it to install them in the first place?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,825
Since in the meantime a lot of changes in the code took place within new AIO, perhaps the problem could be, if you installed media order patch with old AIO V1 and uninstalled with new version V2.

With old AIO (1.51) there will be copied a backup file which will be used during uninstallation, as far as I remember there wasn't any problem with uninstalling this tweak with this old version.

So, until Trezdog can say some things about this, I would use old AIO for uninstallung media order patch, if this tweak was installed with old version of AIO.

And if you installed the tweaks with new version, than you should use only new one version for uninstalling.

·
Registered
375 Posts
With old AIO (1.51) there will be copied a backup file which will be used during uninstallation
Small question. Where is the backup stored? Inside the CMU? Or was it copied somewhere on the flash drive during installation?

·
Registered
104 Posts
there is a file mising when you install on your usb drive you can add the file to
Code:
config/androidauto/jci/gui/apps/_androidauto/templates/AndroidAuto/js/
(you have to make the js folder)
and add this file (<-- you should 'right click' > 'save link as' on that link)
Somehow that file got left out when I included the updated AA files in the last build. It will be fixed in the next version but for now copying that file will fix it.
Do we have to uninstall the existing AA tweak that was missing this file before trying to re-install the tweak? I copied that .js file to the correct directory on the USB drive and tried to re-install the tweak over the existing one. There is a message that the headunit still is not connected.

Thank you so much for your and Siutsch's work on these! And everyone else who has done the individual tweaks!!!

·
Treveloper
528 Posts
Do we have to uninstall the existing AA tweak that was missing this file before trying to re-install the tweak? I copied that .js file to the correct directory on the USB drive and tried to re-install the tweak over the existing one. There is a message that the headunit still is not connected.

Thank you so much for your and Siutsch's work on these! And everyone else who has done the individual tweaks!!!
Try v2.3.3 it should work. If it doesnt take a look at stage_wifi-androidauto-after.sh on your usb drive and make sure it has this in it
Code:
### Android Auto start
headunit-wrapper &

·
Registered
8 Posts
Try v2.3.3 it should work. If it doesnt take a look at stage_wifi-androidauto-after.sh on your usb drive and make sure it has this in it
Code:
### Android Auto start
headunit-wrapper &
I have this in the stage_wifi-androidauto-after.sh file when i installed last night. Still it gave the same error. I didn't try with V2.3.3 which i will do in the evening once i get home.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I tried 2.3.3 on version 58.00.250 and I am getting the following error when trying to start AA _StartContextReady: Can't connect to head unit process.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
I tried 2.3.3 on version 58.00.250 and I am getting the following error when trying to start AA _StartContextReady: Can't connect to head unit process.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Same goes for me on 59.00.441.

I did an install and got the error last night.

I did an uninstall, reboot and install of the AA tweak this morning and am still seeing the can't connect to headunit process message.

·
Registered
2 Posts
consumption tweak

Maybe the consumption tweak should be adjusted properly, because Kilometers per liter value is wrong, see this pic
Consumption of 6.0 liters/100 kilometers is 16.66 Kilometer/liters, but the value shown is 2.6
Bye

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry but I am not used to write on forums so here is my first mistake!
Car is a european Mazda6 m.y.2016 wagon, before applying tweaks cmu has been upgraded to the 59.00.443 EU N and appears to work properly.

Maybe the consumption tweak should be adjusted properly, because Kilometers per liter value is wrong, see this pic
Consumption of 6.0 liters/100 kilometers is 16.66 Kilometer/liters, but the value shown is 2.6
Bye

·
Registered
31 Posts
AA and 2.3.4

I just tried AA from version 2.3.4 on CMU version 58.00.250NA same issue.

Code:
_StartContextReady: Can't connect to head unit process.
New Speedometer is working just fine, although it is difficult to switch between Analog and digital.

Paul

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bye
I have the same issue: km/lt value is a lot lower than the expected value.
I uninstalled the tweak

*Mazda 6 model year2017 CMU 59.0.0.443C-EU(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi
I use 1.51 last tweak to the last version of the EU's 443?
original tweaks before I uninstalled all updates, 443.
Jeremy

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got the same issue with AA from AIO 2.3.4
Same here with AA from AIO 2.3.4 and firmware 59.00.441A

All other tweaks seem to have installed fine. I selected to back up the JCI directory and I think it was backed up twice... once before any changes then also as the first step of the tweaks.:grin2:

BIG thanks to Trezdog44!

2821 - 2840 of 7754 Posts