2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dealer installed FW V74 on my car. Does the AIO tweak Serial connection and USB install method work for this version or is it only up to version V70? Just looking to get the touch screen working while in motion for CP.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No solution for FW 74 published so far.
ID7 serial access works for 59.00.502-70.00.100 only.
ID7v2 serial access works for 70.00.335 and 70.00.352 only.
Can I roll back my firmware to 70.00.352 or .335? I just recently install the hardware for Apple Carplay and I know prior to that you could not update the FW say from V50 to V70 if the Apple CarPlay hardware was installed. The firmware had to be V70 prior to the hardware being install. Can the firmware be downgraded with the new hardware?

·
Registered
8 Posts
It depends, which FW 74 is installed. From .200 and .230 a downgrade is possible.
If you installed .310 or higher you can only downgrade as low as .310. See also my post here: NEW 74 Mazda CONNECT MZD Firmware ,CP/AA, WCP, links, Help

In general Mazda does not recommend a downgrade to FW 70 or lower if your CMU came from factory with FW 74.

Technically there is a complicated way to downgrade even from .310 or .311 to FW 70 - see here:

And yes, with the new hub you can downgrade to FW 70 and the hub still works. But do not downgrade to FW 59 or lower.
Thank you and much appreciated for your reply and the link you provided. It seems quite a bit of work to downgrade the firmware and the risk of bricking the CMU is not worth it for me. I think I’ll just wait to see if any new methods comes out in the future for FW V74. For now I’ll just have to deal with using SIRI for Car Play voice commands when the touchscreen is not working above certain speeds. Interesting that Mazda still allows the use of the knobs and button at any speed but not the touchscreen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts