2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 7 Posts

Registered
Joined
142 Posts
Hi All,

I've encountered an issue where Spotify is skipping when I'm using google maps. At first, it seems to only happen when I'm making turns, but recently, the skipping/delay is happening then entire time I'm using google maps. I've searched the forum, and surprisingly couldn't find much. I searched google and found a reddit post trying to explain the issue. The post mentioned the head unit can't handle the "bandwidth" of google maps and spotify at the same. Could someone confirm if this is true?
I'm not 100% on spotify, but yes AA takes up a lot of free space, as does the stock navigation. I found I could get google maps running much smoother by removing the Nav SD card. I also added the swapfile tweak which seems to help speed things up too.
 

Registered
Joined
142 Posts
It doesn't sound like you are doing things in the right order. First you need to read how to carry out a firmware update and when you think you understand the process, read the update instructions again. One wrong move and you'll brick your CMU.

To install the update.up file you need to enter the debug screen (Music+Fav+Mute for 5 seconds) check for dtc's by entering code 3. Then if you're sure you want to go ahead enter code 99 to start the update. Then it's at the end of the update, (I believe before you turn the ignition off), you need to install ID7v2. I've not done ID7v2 so can't comment any further.

Text flying by is totally normal, and PuTTY worked fine for me.

Edit: To confirm... the update.up file on the usb stick needs to be inserted into the car usb hub not your laptop 馃憤
 

Registered
Joined
142 Posts
Ok thanks Pez. Where can i find the instructions on how to carry out a FW update?
The instructions should be available the same place you got your firmware. This thread helped me Successfully update...
 

Registered
Joined
142 Posts
Man, that sucks. I think when others saw that message they did not dare touch "yes - go on" for this very reason.

It seems deleting some fonts via serial connection helped others, but I don't know if that is possible for you at this stage, but you might as well give it a shot, what have you got to loose?
 

Registered
Joined
142 Posts
Ok thanks Jimmy for all the info. It doesn't look that hard, i have ordered the required bits on feeBay. One order is in AU whereas the other is from China so i will have to wait for postage. Once the third CMU arrives (probably next week) i will fit it into my car while i am waiting so i have it working. Then when i have everything i need i will try to unbrick the other two CMU's. I will post in this thread how i go. Also i will PM you about the "tweaks.sh code". Thanks again. Mark
Probably best to post in the "Black Screen MZD" thread instead. That way this thread stays the tweaks thread and when others are searching how to unbrick their CMU, they will find your posts 馃憤
 
1 - 6 of 7 Posts
Top