2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
first of all, ty for response
1. Install ID7 from AIO 2.8.6: www.mazdatweaks.com can you help on this one?
I know how to install AIO 1.13 but have no Idea how to install ID7
@ufromgeorgia @Tristan-cx5
Tristan-cx5 said:
As Tweak:
1. Install ID7 from AIO 2.8.6: www.mazdatweaks.com
2. Update to MZD firmware 70.00.100. All links to firmware in this forum were deleted, so look elsewhere and consider the correct region of the firmware.
3. Install AIO Android Auto Tweak 1.13 of AIO 2.8.6.
AA v1.13 will not work on fw70+.

· Registered
17 Posts
Thanks Pez. I have the serial connection and PuTTY but tbh i have no idea how to do what you suggested. Yes you're right - with two bricked CMU's i can try whatever i like on them. Bit i think the only way is via serial. Once they went to the black screen with mazda logo, the USB port in console no longer worked so that rules out a USB stick. But to be honest i think it's best that i just let it go. Maybe in the (hopefully near) future someone will come up with a much easier "plug 'n' play" setup or similar rather than all this complicated stuff people of my kind obviously cannot figure out. No doubt it's easy for some people, but not for others. Then there is the ever-present risk of catastrophic failure (i.e. bricking) if something goes wrong like it seems to with the 4A N / ADR version. Oh well.

I just ordered another CMU, this time online for AU$230 including postage to my door. It already has 70.00.367 F/W on it so there's no need to flash it. I know, 367 is not preferable to 335 or 352. But it doesn't matter in my case as i'm gonna fit it to my car and just leave it the hell alone...
@markw

Repair your cmu(s) in minutes follow the instructions here: Black Screen MZD

Good luck son.

100% full message is a white lie in aio, its a bug that can be easily fix by altering the tweaks.sh code. Ask the "expert" how to adjust the code.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts