2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Missing adb binaries

Hello guys,
i've been fiddling around for a while with the latest AIO tweaks, on my Mazda2 with FW 56.00.100 EU: it's the first time i tried Android Auto, but after finding out i'm not quite into it :undecided:, i went over to try castscreen to see if i like it better.
Unfortunately, i can't seem to make it work in a permanent way: with USB cable and casting to 127.0.0.1 it plainly doesn't work, while if i hotspot with my phone and cast to the client IP it blinks for a second the phone screen on the car display, and shuts down immediatley afterwards...:argh 1:

So, after carefully setting apart some spare time, i was all excited to test out the troubleshooting described in the castscreen FAQs, only to find out that the files for the Android Debug Bridge are not where they are supposed to be, that being /jci/scripts/:
i tried running adb form a random folder, i got 'file not found', so i figured it was not in my current $PATH;
so i cd '/jci/script && ls -l adb*' and the result is that there are no files starting with adb, which from what i read around should be more than one.

At this point, i'm guessing the castscreen doesn' work because the linux machine cannot be identified as an authorized debug device, not because of a permisison issue, but because of the lacking of adb :confused1 1:
Is there a particular function of the AIO tweaks installer that i'm missing, that puts these binaries where they should be?
I also thought of looking for the package on the net and then scp them, but then i realized i don't actually know which architecture is the Mazda host, so i don't know for which platform should they be compiled...

Any pointing in the right direction will be much appreciated, Thanks!
Hi Jek666, right now I am having the same problem. I tried to use also AIO Tweaks but the ADB menu showed me errors because of missing binaries. Did you fix it somehow?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys, I am new here, and just wanted to ask something. Tried some tweaks, also speedometer and everything went perfect. But Castscreen just doesn't work. I found out that ADB file (that is called in the troubleshooting process) is not there. So I think that is why my device is never recognized. Is there a way to copy missing binaries/file to the correct folder? How come this file is not in such folder? (Installing/uninstalling Castscreen hasn't worked). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
@Jek666 @guialop
After compliled castscreen app with Mazda Aio v2.8.6 edit the tweaks.sh file which has been create specifically for castscreen and search remove/delete this line of code below within it and save the tweaks.sh file.

rm -f /jci/scripts/adb

Then transfer the program to an usb->car. Install castscreen-1.0.1.apk app on your Android phone. Follow instructions from castscreen AIO link CastScreen-Receiver Troubleshooting and its should works flawlessly wifi or usb mode on fw55-fw70

Alternatively if it still doesn't work (method without SSH) after tweaks.sh modified. From your car mzd infotainment open AIO Tweaks App hit stop castscreen->goto shell->select adb kill-server. Then reconnect your phone open castscreen app with the correct input and hit start it should be able to mirror your device (headunit reload for AA, youtube, Netflix..etc use Aux for audio).
Thank you so much @Radarwild. Finally Castscreen is working. I was about to give up, but I tried the 1.0.1 APK and It worked perfectly in my Android 6 phone. (Of course the main problem was the "unauthorized" thing).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys, something strange happened to me yesterday. I wanted to update the Music Database but I got a warning that in Spanish could not be read (long description).
So I tried the process again changing language from Spanish to English. There was an error and it gave me the option to retry. I retried. After that, the language changed but tweaks like AA and Speedometer appeared like _speedometer or _androidauto and they stopped working.

I had to reinstall them and they are working ok again (English language for the Infotainment now)

Does someone know what about this? Would that affect recovery tweaks as well? Do I have to reinstall recovery tweaks just in case?:unsure:

Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys. Recently I installed 70.00.100 with the new hub and everything went OK with AA. Is there a way to recover touchscreen while navigating? It is really difficult to use some software like Fermata or apps that require touchscreen (you cannot select videos on Youtube e.g.). I tried with the available tweak but no luck.

Let me know, please.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts