2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Say @Trezdog44, have you tried messing with the new _cachedAndroidAuto.* flags in v70's syssettingsApp.js, to enable native AA without the hardware upgrade? It would be really amazing if we could skip the costly AUX box replacement.
I'm not sure when libjciuiasyssettings.so calls _AndroidAutoSettingsMsgHandler (cold reboot?), but overriding that function might be all it takes. Of course you're by far more familiar with their code base than I do.

Really awesome job BTW, I love AIO!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any known issues with Android Auto installed with the AIO tool and the recently released Android 9 operating system?

Phone upgraded to Android 9 and now AA won't launch. It responds with the same error you would get if you forget to start the head unit server on your phone. I can get more info on version #, etc. tonight.
Works properly for me, just like before. Are you using it wired or with the experimental Bluetooth?
They might have changed the BT stack in Android P, but other than that I don't think the Android version should matter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can anyone confirm whether or not AA still doesn't work on V70.00.100NA even with the new update 2.8.4? I took my car in today to have an oil change and complete checkup and the dealership upgraded my firmware :frown2:

Buying the hardware addon is on my list of things to do in the very near future, but I'd rather not put that money down right now if I can hold off a few months longer...
AIO AA cannot work on v70, since there is already an AA version installed, and the installed version is currently disabled unless the new hub is in place.
If you still use the old hub, you can downgrade the firmware version back to v59. If you've already installed the ID7 recovery, I hope it would still work - otherwise you'd have to open the dashboard for the serial hack.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought a new Mazda with the official AA. It's far more stable than AIO (always works, AA always succeeds in turning the radio's sound back), but the fact that the touchscreen in AA is disabled (even when the car is not moving) is truly annoying, and I miss AIO's new HUD integration.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just wondering what is the proper way to disconnect your phone from android auto.
When I disconnect my phone and plug back in. I get the error "can't connect to head-unit process".

I have to wait 30 mins with car off for a cold boot and everything starts working again.

Any ideas ?
Usually when that happens a restart to the CMU does the trick (back + nav + mute for 10 seconds).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Long time lurker and have a quick question:

I have installed the latest AIO on a '17 CX-5 and works very well so far.

1. Is there a process to be able to zoom in with the scroll wheel on google maps? (I could have sworn I as able to do this in the past)
2. Can touch screen while moving be re-activated if I update the car with the new FW and HW for AA? (Does the factory AA display in HUD?)

Thanks a ton! Tried search but 732 pages is not easy to find stuff
Touchscreen is totally disabled in the factory AA, even while not moving. It also doesn't support the HUD. Maybe some day. Not holding my breath though, as Mazda are moving to a new type of CMU with different firmware.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've updated AIO to 2.8.4 and compiled etc., and installed in the car, however when I try to run Android Auto, my Mazda LCD goes blank, and phone keeps vibrating (trying to start up Android Auto) but it never seems to start properly, so no AA shows on my car's screen. Any ideas?
You need to downgrade to v59.00.545. Because v70 includes the official AA, the one in AIO does not work (they rely on the same hooks).
It is very easy to downgrade, using the same process, just mind that you do the flashing in reverse order, i.e. first the reinstall, then the failsafe. The failsafe should always be at or above the current firmware version.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Two more questions along this process, I've done the AIO stuff, and was able to put in some tweaks to make sure the program was being recognized from my flash drive, however is there a way to confirm that the ID7 was successfully installed and functioning properly? I'd like to update to 70.00.100, but don't have the hardware to make a serial connection (already ordered), and restore USB functionality, so I'm not really aware of any way to make sure it's in the system. Additionally, with the HiDrive link you gave me, I can't find 70.00.100, only 70.00.021 and everything above .100, but no .100, am I mistaken? Thank you for your help!

ALSO, I've decided that I'm going to go through with the CarPlay retrofit myself, as I've rewatched install videos and feel more comfortable with it since I previously thought I had to solder wires and things like that. With that in mind, do I need to change any of the steps you gave me with the previous scenario of having the dealer do it for me?
Version 70.00.100 is under the link @Tristan-cx5 gave you, here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts