2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
hi everyone, thank for making this tools, a have a question: I have 56.00.240 4A N firmware, yesterday I installed AA and other tweaks but know I cannot answer/or make a call in my phone with bluetooth.

how can I solve this issue?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi everyone, thanks for your help to fix the bluetooth-AA, I was searching the instructions to backup id7 in case the dealer makes an upgrade of the firmware, do anyone have the instructions? I tried searching in this thread and youtube but not success.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
81 Posts
thank you for your time and nice work

Last weekend I uninstalled all the tweaks before going to the dealer for oil change.

When I returned from the dealer, I installed the last aio tweak 2.7.4 but "AIO Tweak App" didn't worked on the CMU, keeps freeze.

So I have to return for "AIO Tweak App" 2.6.8 and worked fine.

56.00.240 4A N

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was looking at the Speedometer App for the Fuel tank %. I had 12% left and my car told me I had Zero km left... but 12% is still more than 50km.
I fill the gaz and I only put 42L in it... I guess the Speedo App is more precise than the car one... is there a reason? Should I worry about that? Can I always take the speedo app as a valid gauge?
in my case when I fill up the tank, it shows 92%

·
Registered
81 Posts
@neox

Sorry for the "double post", but I can confirm that Apple CarPlay worked with the "enable touchscreen while driving" AIO tweak on my Mazda3.

I have the dealer installed official Apple CarPlay kit (total about $310 including tax), and also installed AIO tweaks: Enable touchscreen while driving, and Speedometer.

I tried today back and forth to work. I plugged in my iPhone X before starting the engine, and everything went on as it was supposed to be. Once CP was recognized, I switched to CP by touching the triangle icon on the upper left corner of the screen, which brought up CP interface. From there, I can touch and start any app I have in my phone that supported CP. I tried Map, Google Map, Music, Message, Pandora, InTune, NPR One, Amazon Music, WhatsApp, and probably a few more. All worked by touching the screen. I also switched back to the main page of CP by touching the "Home" circle on the lower left corner fo the screen. Switching apps by touching the "recent list" on the left side also worked.

In addition, I tested many apps in-depth: meaning I tried many functions inside those apps. In Apple Map, I tried a search by recent history which showed in my app. Also back off after the search selection by touching. In Google Map, search by keyboard entry was disabled as soon as the car started moving, but other searches such as by list by category etc all worked. In Pandora, I tried different stations I saved before, as well as in NPR One to test my favorite list, and in Amazon touch a song in my music list. All worked. I saw no difference moving or stopping, except the Good Map type-search function (Apple Map does not have type-search builtin I guess since I did not find that feature in CP).

In addition, I touched the Mazda icon to go back to the default Mazda Home screen. Everything also worked by touching the screen. I could switch to Speedometer I installed (sometimes it is still not working 100% of the time!). I also stopped the CP music playing by switching to the built-in radio, then went back into CP to choose another music app, all by simple touching at the speed about 50 mph on the highway!

So perhaps I do not understand what you mean by saying touchscreen not applicable to CP. Is there any special touchscreen feature that I am not aware?

Not sure about AA I admit!
I think that touch screen is not working, it means when you are driving +15mph

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry. Messed that up trying to respond to another post. Has anyone else had this happen? Make a phone call request in AA, it kicks over to Mazda Connect and then everything stops working except for the volume knob but only for volume level. I can't do anything with the system until the call ends. Just happened on my way to work so I don't have a whole lot of specifics.
press home button, this happens because the focus is not in the mazda connect screen.

when it happens to me, I press home button and go to Android Auto to see the phone screen.

I recommed you to upgrade Android Auto and Google App in your phone, with the latest update it doesn't happen to often.

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Any chance of another Android Auto update coming? The latest version works well, but the following issues persists:
1. Most of my phone calls cause AA to lose video focus and go to the Mazda call screen instead.
2. Switching from radio to Spotify on AA is very hit or miss. Sometimes I am able to switch audio focus by simply pressing the star to start music or holding it to switch focus, but sometimes it won't switch over.
I´m using 1.12, for case # 1 I long press home button to return AA focus.

For case # 2, long press and release * button.

My thoughts is that 1.12 is more stable with the audio, with 1.11 listening radio and waze somethings audio didn´t return to radio audio.

My only issue I found on 1.12 are the missing directions in the HUD, something thats was working 99% of the time on 1.11

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi, this is my first time posting here. Been using AA v1.11 for 6 months now. thank you to the developer for this awesome tweak.

But today I have a problem connecting my phone to the head unit.
The phone connected then after few second disconnected. Then continue connected-disconnected.
Already tried with different cables & different phones but still the same result

AA on phone version: 5.0.500224
FW: 59.00.502
any help?
I'm having this issue only when I use waze or google maps on AA and listening music on youtube at the smartphone on 59.00.502.

When I was on 56.00.240 it worked fine, updated last weekend

·
Registered
81 Posts
AA crash issue

I manually updated "google mobile services" to a newer version today,I'm going to try ir tonight and tomorrow I will update my test.
No Luck

20.04.14 Google services

I don't know but friday I was on 56 firmware and during weekend I updated to 59 and my problem began, casuality or not?

Also tried 1.11 and 1.12 same error

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 2 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi, just adding some improvements to the AIO AA. This includes the option to set the driver side in the driver side in the headunit.json file. I'll see if I can make some corrections to the HUD guidance as in roundabouts it give us bad directions for left side drivers.

Greeting from Peru
Insteresting point, my home button is on the right side, I'm driving with the steering wheel on left side, is this correct?

I found handy the notifications button on the left side.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I find it funny that different people get different results with the newest install. I just installed AA 1.12 using AIO 2.8.5 in my 2018 GT and it is by far the best I have ever had. I was strongly considering upgrading to original AA to get more stability, but with this last update it is working amazing. I even applied the patch to get the home button on the correct side (left). There is no chopping in audio when using Google Maps (i have not tried Waze yet). everything seems to work very well. I noticed also that I can no longer zoom in and out with the knob on Maps, but I actually find it better now because I can do everything in Maps now without having to use the touch screen (except for zooming). I am not sure if this is because of the new AIO AA or if it has to do with Google maps update that I just did, but I like it.
+1

having update to 59 and using the 1.12 AA seems all OK, AA focus on calls is working OK.

My only comment is when listening FM radio and using waze, I no longer hear alerts when my route is recalculating. only when the audio is on AA y hear the alerts.

for the side patch did you change the file (headunit.json) using 2.8.5 before install?

·
Registered
81 Posts
From @vic_bam85 post #8107. All I did was download, unzip, transfer to usb stick, then installed it just like any other update on the head unit. I did not use AIO to install it. What does headunit.json do?
I thought you used AIO 2.8.5, headunit.json is where you choose left or right side.

Actually there are 3 versions of AA 1.12, I hope they can be merged to manage the versions easily.

·
Registered
81 Posts
@rquanleon
"My only comment is when listening FM radio and using waze, I no longer hear alerts when my route is recalculating. only when the audio is on AA I hear the alerts".
‐-----------------------------------------
Hopefully this mod version can fix your problem at hand. What's your FW version?

Thank you, I will try on weekend.

My fw version is 59.00.502

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 2 mediante Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts