2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all from Fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada. New Mazda buyer...well, in a couple weeks when she is through port and at the dealer I will be anyway :wink2: She is a 2017 Mazda 3 2.5 Touring - Machine Gray. Unfortunately I couldn't find exactly what I wanted here in the LV valley so had to outsource to California and that ended up working out spectacularly... except that I don't have her right now! Haha.

If anyone who has been in a similar situation regarding registering/taxes between states please let me know :) If I have researched correctly I will only pay the difference of taxes here in Nevada (my county has higher tax rate than the California county i'm purchasing in), I know I need to have a one-way pass from Cali to home as well.

Anyway, glad to be here!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!!! Besides relaxing and driving up and down our desert highways do you recommend doing anything particular on the initial drive?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hello neighbor.
Some say engine break in isn't important any more. But if you can, vary your speed. Don't drive at a constant speed for a long time. Be gentle with the throttle too. Some change the oil fairly soon in order to get real oil in it and to remove the metal that was worn away during break in.

Mt Charleston has some good twists. The Lake Mead area is my favorite tho (I live close to it).

When you get an extra $20k, we can rent the track in Pahrump and show those Vettes, Lambos, and Ferraris what's up.

Watch out for these guys:

2015 Mazda3 i Touring, Soul Red

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new ride. Planning any mods? Happy motoring from Thailand.
Of course I would like to, although nothing to major. Need to do some research first! Scouring the forums debating what I would like to do :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Watch out for these guys:
=
I am familiar with those guys to well :p Ok, not really and for that I am glad. I feel like if I'm not careful there might be an experience in the future, these Mazda's glide down the road from what I've experienced :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts