1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
5,959 Posts
I don't see the point. The TPMS won't keep you from having a flat tire. The ebay system is the same as the older Mazda system with sensors in the wheels. Your car does not use sensors in the wheels, it uses the ABS system to monitor tire pressure. When a tire is soft the light should come on. The current system works fine.
Why is your tire always going flat? That is what you should be looking at.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok here is the whole story... tpms sensor lights up even when i dont have flat tyre and its frustrating...
Now why i want this ebay system,other day i am driving and tpms warning... i am stoping on the midlle of the highway and cheking all tyres... by visual inspection there is nothing wrong... then i go to the gas station and checking all the presure in tyres and only then i can see that one of the tyres is slowley leaking air...

Now if i had this ebay system i would not bother with this ceremony of finding which tyre is flat...

·
Super Moderator
5,959 Posts
Why not just get the tire fixed? That would be much cheaper than buying that system and having it installed. If your tires are not leaking there is no reason for the light to come on. In have had my car for over a year and the TPMS light came on once, and that was only because the dealer didn't have the tire pressures right.
You do know that the system in your car tells you a tire maybe be just a pound or two low, not necessarily flat?
Still don't see the point of going through all that cost when you have a perfectly workable system already. Does it really take that much time to check your tire pressures?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not just get the tire fixed? That would be much cheaper than buying that system and having it installed. If your tires are not leaking there is no reason for the light to come on. In have had my car for over a year and the TPMS light came on once, and that was only because the dealer didn't have the tire pressures right.
You do know that the system in your car tells you a tire maybe be just a pound or two low, not necessarily flat?
Still don't see the point of going through all that cost when you have a perfectly workable system already. Does it really take that much time to check your tire pressures?
Nothing is wrong with tyres... i know that tpms light go on if its smal difference i pressure...
This system via abs is stupid unrealible amd el chep. How is good system if i must go out of the car and check all the tyres,and then go on the gas statio to check pressure...How is this better then this ebay kit where you can easy see which tyre and how much pressure...Thè end...

now my question is this ebay kit is it compatible with mzd.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Knorac, did you re-set the system correctly?

1.) Fill the tyres with the right amount of pressure (is written on the drivers inner door)
2.) Start the car
3.) Hold the TPMS button for 10 second. This will reset all the values to zero.

When the car is inside for long time, and you go outside to the cold, it has to be re-configured.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Knorac, did you re-set the system correctly?

1.) Fill the tyres with the right amount of pressure (is written on the drivers inner door)
2.) Start the car
3.) Hold the TPMS button for 10 second. This will reset all the values to zero.

When the car is inside for long time, and you go outside to the cold, it has to be re-configured.
Yes all by the book... it not tyres because i have allready change one setup of summer tyres also i have winter tyres...
As i said even if this system work it is junk... because i dont want on the midlle of the road checking all the tyres when is raining,snowing etc...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yes all by the book... it not tyres because i have allready change one setup of summer tyres also i have winter tyres...
As i said even if this system work it is junk... because i dont want on the midlle of the road checking all the tyres when is raining,snowing etc...
Then don't stop in the middle of the road???

As long as you're not flat, pull off somewhere safe...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Then don't stop in the middle of the road???

As long as you're not flat, pull off somewhere safe...
And how do i know if its flat or not when i am drivin 150kmh?

·
Super Moderator
5,959 Posts
Tpms that mazda has is unrealible and cheap...
I have curse with this car and i am constantly have flat tyre...
then i go to the gas station and checking all the presure in tyres and only then i can see that one of the tyres is slowley leaking air...

Nothing is wrong with tyres... i know that tpms light go on if its smal difference i pressure...
This system via abs is stupid unrealible amd el chep. How is good system if i must go out of the car and check all the tyres,and then go on the gas statio to check pressure...How is this better then this ebay kit where you can easy see which tyre and how much pressure...Thè end...
now my question is this ebay kit is it compatible with mzd.
Constantly having a flat tire......one tire is slowly leaking......but nothing is wrong with the tires... ?? .:dunno:

The system in the car is fine, you just need to know how to use it.
If one tire is low you should be checking all four and equalizing the pressures anyway so you can properly reset the system. Fix your tires so they don't leak at all (much cheaper than spending hundreds on that Ebay thing) and you won't have to worry about the light being on all the time.

And, no, that system on ebay is a generic POS, it won't work with your car without putting in considerable time and expense, and there is no guarantee that it will function correctly even if you do manage to get it installed.

And how do i know if its flat or not when i am drivin 150kmh?
Uhhh...it should be pretty obvious, if you have any experience driving at all. If its flat at that speed its coming off the rim in pieces in very short order.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Constantly having a flat tire......one tire is slowly leaking......but nothing is wrong with the tires... ?? .:dunno:

The system in the car is fine, you just need to know how to use it.
If one tire is low you should be checking all four and equalizing the pressures anyway so you can properly reset the system. Fix your tires so they don't leak at all (much cheaper than spending hundreds on that Ebay thing) and you won't have to worry about the light being on all the time.

And, no, that system on ebay is a generic POS, it won't work with your car without putting in considerable time and expense, and there is no guarantee that it will function correctly even if you do manage to get it installed.

Uhhh...it should be pretty obvious, if you have any experience driving at all. If its flat at that speed its coming off the rim in pieces in very short order.
Are u guys blind? I have wrote that i have curse with f tyres on my mazda...
Everything is good with tyres,i HAVE also changed couple of time tyres...

Trust me when i tell you when the tyre is fast leaki ng at this speed u cant exatclY tell if its flat or not... we are talking about low profile tyre to be exact...
Because of this when f tpms light up i immediatly stop and check the tyres...
I dont give frack if you dont have this problem i have put the question for the ebay kit and you guys started to be smartasses about how this system is good my tyres are faulty bla bla....

I have asked for f help about ebay kit and get ONE honest answer all other replys are off topic and anoying...

Tpms from mazda is cheap and unrealible u cant tell which tyre is leaking and you cant tell how much pressure is in each tyre only u can get is low pressure the end...

If u can use logic which you cant u can clearly see benefit from ebay kit...

Over and out and thanks once more this guy earlier that help with real advice...

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Have your wheel speed sensors checked. I love the passive TPMS like on the current 3 better. Even BMW reverted back to passive.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I agree this is a most confusing post. It would appear that the current TPMS is working, in that when it goes off one tyre has a lower pressure. But I think I understand the problem. With the current system all you know is that something is not OK.

When I first bought my car I had problems with it going off for no reason (the dealer fixed it with a reset. I believe there is a TSB to fix this).
When the alarm goes off you know basically nothing; is it a slight pressure loss that you can deal with at the next stop or is it a fast deflating tyre that you need to deal with immediately! So every time it went off I had to slow down look for a parking place and check all the tyre pressures. Time consuming and stressful. You know something is wrong but have no further information to decide what you need to do about it.

I think this is the problem that knorac wants to solve.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts