2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just bought a 2018 mazda 3 sedan and was wondering if there's anyway if adding an aftermarket sub. Also wondering if doing that would void the warranty somehow. Had a 2006 mazda 3 with twin 12" subs in the trunk and would like to put them in this car.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,444 Posts

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts
Hey, just bought a 2018 mazda 3 sedan and was wondering if there's anyway if adding an aftermarket sub. Also wondering if doing that would void the warranty somehow. Had a 2006 mazda 3 with twin 12" subs in the trunk and would like to put them in this car.
Congratz on your new purchase!

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
None of those will work for a Mazda 2018. The pac does only works for Mazda up to -2016. The connections is different.
As for warranty, it is only void if you cut a cable.
I have a Mazda 6 2018 and the PAC AOEM-MAZ2, and it works perfect, full compatible without Bose system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, I don't know what a PAC is. Also, wouldn't I have to cut a wire to connect the LOC or remote wire to hook up the sub to the audio system?

Sorry, I'm not too knowledgeable on this stuff was real easy to install with an aftermarket radio lol. Just don't want to void warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are there any updates to this? I really want to add sub and amp to my 2018 grand touring hatch wit bose but don't know where to start at all. I've been trying to piece together so much equipment the past week and my forum searches finally led me to these most recent posts, If anyone lives in the socal area/SFV I'd appreciate any help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Are there any updates to this? I really want to add sub and amp to my 2018 grand touring hatch wit bose but don't know where to start at all. I've been trying to piece together so much equipment the past week and my forum searches finally led me to these most recent posts, If anyone lives in the socal area/SFV I'd appreciate any help.

Look up this...

Audison Bit One HD. https://www.audison.eu/products/bit-one/

or

Rockford 3sixty3. https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/3sixty3/

use the attachment to find the connections you will need to tap into

what you add downstream of the processors is up to you.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
So i Need to get one of those so that the sub is dialed in with the system correct? Are there possibly any lower priced options for DSP just so the sub will be dialed in? I wasn't looking to upgrade any other speakers except just adding a sub and amp for the sub. Or is this necessary with the 2018 mazda 3 with bose since the pac aoem maz2 connector doesn't fit with the 2018 model?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Think of it this way....you do the sub now.....later on you realize the other speakers are made from pre digested food.....

Just add on amps and speakers as needed with either of those.

DSP will help by getting rid of the Bose (no highs, no low, must be Bose) equalization to make the really poor drivers sound a little tolerable.

For "just a sub" add on you could tap into channels 5 (left front door) and 7 (right front door) with an amplifier that has high level inputs, set the amplifiers crossover frequency to 80Hz Low pass, add sub........but you will end up with time alignment issues, it may sound ok.

Its always better to "do it right the first time" than to have to re-do it again...........................

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ah for sure thanks man, I was originally hoping to just add a 1-" sub and amp for the sub for about $750 or so, with the DSP it'll double my original budget, I'll just save up for a little longer then.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts