2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2007 Mazda3 with the 6-speaker option and a single CD player, and the CD player itself is going out, skipping more and more frequently and not ejecting CDs reliably. I'm looking for a suitable aftermarket option that will preserve the LCD time/temp display. Everything I've been able to find does not have any sort of mounting brackets to hold it.

Does such a thing exist?

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
I've got a 2007 Mazda3 with the 6-speaker option and a single CD player, and the CD player itself is going out, skipping more and more frequently and not ejecting CDs reliably. I'm looking for a suitable aftermarket option that will preserve the LCD time/temp display. Everything I've been able to find does not have any sort of mounting brackets to hold it.

Does such a thing exist?
metra makes a kit, you have to modify it to make the lcd strip stay in, and then you cant adjust the clock or anything without the factory radio plugged in, when I had my 08 I wanted to keep the lcd strip for the clock and outside temp but too much hassle the aftermarket stereo is worth more in sound quality upgrade and functionality than that lcd strip is, there used to be a how to on doing the mod to the kit to keep the lcd around here somewhere. if you want a good radio and don't mind spending around $200 a kenwood kdc-x998 is a great option, the cheaper kenwood exelons are great too but less features. jvc car audio is owned by kenwood now so basically same radios and theres aren't bad but no better than a standard kenwood, and the kenwoods tend to have easier user interface and more functionality. avoid boss, clarion, and the other cheapo depot radios as you pay when you have to buy another because it fails fast. pioneers aren't bad, but the kenwoods can use kenwood music editor lite which makes a database of music on a flash drive and lets you search by artist song title, genre, album etc and sorts them in logical order, (999 songs per folder 500 folders max) but that's a ton of music. most other brands you put music on a flash drive and it either is just in the order the computer loaded it, and doesn't have all the info, only displays the file name and not the tag info which is song title etc. alpines are the worst with this and I don't use their headunits mainly for that (their door speakers are great though) I have a lot of music and cd's even mp3 ones suck for holding all of it, I have 15gb of music in my car at my disposal on random. that would be a lot of cd's! if you do upgrade your stereo consider new door speakers too, the are easy to change (should be 5x7s which 6x8 will fit and are close to 6x9s sound volume wise) as you will notice bass lacks without at least having decent speakers the stock non bose ones are just cheap cardboard like paper with tiny magnets and look terrible. alpine type s are good for using headunit to amplify them so are lower end jbl speakers and pioneers, putting an amp on the door speakers and a sub witrh amp will make a huge difference but its all budget and music preference there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts