2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
dutchabag
292 Posts
Aftermarket radios have built in this features; only with steering control you will loose phone function ,only volume + volume - ,selection up/down, the radio I have in mine was much cheaper that the factory look alike, the generic radios you have to add a steering module that are about $65.00,i got a wireless type that you strap in steering wheel, about $23.00 the reason I got this radio has internet Erisin ES1162D 6.2 HD Car Audio System 3G WiFi GPS [ES1162D] - US$249.00 : erisin.com Amazon.com: AUDIOP RMCRAD1UNV Universal Code Learning Wireless Remote: Everything Else

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
You will need a converter inorder to use all steering wheels functions from bluetooth and it will be better for your system to get this converter since most head units dont have as much power and aftermarket stereos want. My converter is JL and was about 25$.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have just installed a aftermarket radio, it come with the Bluetooth radio . and GPS , Digital TV, radio, audio,and other functions ,all the wires are ready from manufacturer. so you just install it according to the installation guide . it is easy. you can consult happyshoppinglife, i just bought it from here .

·
Hey Hey
59 Posts
I bought an aftermarket stereo with,

DVD
NAV
BLUETOOTH (Includes steering controls)
AUX
USB
iPod
SD
BACK UP Camera (Not installed yet)
Fits perfectly and looks factory BUT IT'S NOT.. Hehe..

Attachments

·
Hey Hey
59 Posts
Looks nice!

What NAV does it use?

-Crissa
I"m not sure what Nav system it uses, but looks good to me and works good as well. Easy to install.. Just plug and play since they provide all the wiring with clips. I did it by myself. Only issue this has is, if a USB flash drive is connected to its USB output, when you listen to the radio, it suddenly plays the USB. It's not a big issue. I just remove the flash drive when i want to listen to the radio.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any idea if the USB issue also happens if you're running something like an iPod? I just leave an iPod nano hooked up to the USB in the car all the time with the generic stock head unit and it seems to work fine.

·
Hey Hey
59 Posts
Any idea if the USB issue also happens if you're running something like an iPod? I just leave an iPod nano hooked up to the USB in the car all the time with the generic stock head unit and it seems to work fine.
I haven't tried with the iPod. I think i coudn't use the stock USB outlet and play it after i installed this. Btw, in this system even if you remove the USB and plug it again, it continues from where it stoped last..

·
Registered
184 Posts
I bet there's a setting to change it from autoplay during the radio - my old aftermarket had that somewhere deep in the settings menu.

Sounds nice! I mostly use the AUX since my USBs are pretty thick (64GB!) for the head to troll.

-Crissa

1 - 12 of 12 Posts