2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about getting aftermarket seats for my 2011 mazda 3 hatch mainly because I do a little bit of spirited driving and there are times when I am sliding all over the place. Majority of the time I use my car as a daily no track at all. I know there is the issue of the airbag but I have read that there is a way to bypass it so that the airbag light does not light up. I also will be using my stock seatbelts as I do not want to install a roll cage/harness bar because I want to still be able to carry passengers. And so therefore won't be needing the harnesses for the seats because from what I read it is more dangerous to have a harness without the other necessary parts. Has anyone done this? How hard is it to swap out the seats? Any other recommendation for seats besides the one I posted? (Please correct me if I am wrong as this will be the first aftermarket seats I will be swapping in) Any input would be great.

I have looked at
Corbeau Forza
Sparco F200
Sparco R100

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd be going for something that isn't a fixed back for a street car, Fixed back's are good for race cars but street cars, they can be uncomfortable for long periods of time in my experience. The rx8 r3 seats look sick but idk how rare they are. But yeah, I'd be looking for an reclining race seat which would bring the best of both worlds, Go to a race shop and sit in a couple of seats to see which feels comfortable to you because you can't tell what they feel like online.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts