2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are the OEM ones but any good links to aftermarket pedals that fit a '17 MT? Looking for ones that are either carbon fibre look or aluminum and with rubber inserts and require no drilling.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I know there are the OEM ones but any good links to aftermarket pedals that fit a '17 MT? Looking for ones that are either carbon fibre look or aluminum and with rubber inserts and require no drilling.

I haven't seen carbon fiber ones, but eBay has many options if you don't want oem.

I ordered the slip on eBay "mazda speed" ones, but ended up getting a refund because they never arrived. I just bought the oem set from Medcenter Mazda. I plan to install them tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just installed the oem set. Very easy install. Took about 30-45 minutes total...hardest part was brake and clutch. They are very nice quality. I can't imagine the eBay ones being anywhere as nice as these.

2016 will fit your 2017.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks AVL, this requires no drilling right? One of my concerns are the holes in the footrest, wouldn't dirt collect there and that would be difficult to clean which sort of defeats the purpose of putting a footrest there. All 3 pedals go for a little north of $100 right?

·
Registered
79 Posts
thanks AVL, this requires no drilling right? One of my concerns are the holes in the footrest, wouldn't dirt collect there and that would be difficult to clean which sort of defeats the purpose of putting a footrest there. All 3 pedals go for a little north of $100 right?

The accelerator and footrest require drilling. Brake and clutch just slip on after you take off the stock pedals. More like wrestle on...

·
Registered
657 Posts
On the drilling, it is in a spot that no one would ever see, even a concourse judge- if you end up having to go that route. Always covered by either newly modded pedals or original rubber covers if you ever go back. The hard part for my universal pedals was lining up the pre drilled holes in the pedal covers with areas of the car pedals that were flat on the back (not "ribbed" for lack of a better term), so the nuts could be screwed tight. Id assume for OEM that would not be an issue though.

Plus technically, the drilling = weight savings....of a gram or two....

·
Registered
79 Posts
On the drilling, it is in a spot that no one would ever see, even a concourse judge- if you end up having to go that route. Always covered by either newly modded pedals or original rubber covers if you ever go back. The hard part for my universal pedals was lining up the pre drilled holes in the pedal covers with areas of the car pedals that were flat on the back (not "ribbed" for lack of a better term), so the nuts could be screwed tight. Id assume for OEM that would not be an issue though.

Plus technically, the drilling = weight savings....of a gram or two....

You can see the 2 holes on the accelerator and 2 holes on the footrest if you look at the pictures carefully.

The accelerator has 2 screws that thread into 2 wellnuts. The footrest has 2 screws that thread into a plate that is underneath the carpet. The brake and clutch just fit into the pedals once the original rubber pedals are removed.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ebay route=cheaper and no drilling. Regarding quality? It could be 10/10 quality and I dont see how you could tell the difference, maybe if youre examining it upclose? Feel? Well you use your foot right?

I havent see the OEM ones in person but honestly its hard to imagine how much better it could be

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ebay route=cheaper and no drilling. Regarding quality? It could be 10/10 quality and I dont see how you could tell the difference, maybe if youre examining it upclose? Feel? Well you use your foot right?

I havent see the OEM ones in person but honestly its hard to imagine how much better it could be
The eBay ones I was looking at that are popular on the pedal thread have rubber on the accelerator. I like how the OEM ones do not. Your foot slides on the accelerator smoothly.

Buy whichever ones fit your budget. If you think the Chinese ones will work for you then it sounds like your decision has been made!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
The eBay ones I was looking at that are popular on the pedal thread have rubber on the accelerator. I like how the OEM ones do not. Your foot slides on the accelerator smoothly.

Buy whichever ones fit your budget. If you think the Chinese ones will work for you then it sounds like your decision has been made!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
Yeah, ive had them for awhile so im giving my opinion on them after ~6months of use. Very happy with them, I have an automatic so I dont really want my feed sliding around

1 - 13 of 13 Posts