2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Although I don't know about the specific unit you are purchasing, usually all you need to do is ground the parking brake sensor wire from the radio. I have installed DVD/NAV systems in 4 cars and it was the same in all 4 cases. Ground that wire and DVD's will play while moving.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it through my service guy @ my Mazda dealer.
He knows a guy at the company, so he hooked it up.

I will be installing it Monday/ Tuesday next week.
Install vid:

Doesnt seem too hard.

I have a full JL Audio system, so I wont be able to vouch for compatibility with the Bose System.

I'll post pics of the system interface and of my amp etc.

·
1,272 Posts
Is it supposed to work with the OEM steering wheel controls? I'm assuming it won't work with the steering wheel bluetooth controls, but I would hope it would work with volume, mode, etc...

How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking? I can't find a price anywhere...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Here is a new double din touch screen head unit for a the 2010 Mazda 3s.

Are there anybody familiar with these units?
Are they simply chinese untrusty gadgests?
What about branded items? I would happily order anything real branded head unit such as JVC or Pio, but I need one that perfectly fit the dashboard, like this. (simply 2 din head units would diamage the interior design)

2010 Mazda 3 replacement radio unit - Mazda 3 sat nav - Mazda 3 update unit

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Supposedly it retains all steering wheel controls etc.
I am getting it installed the beginning of next week- I'll let ya know.

@ Haga, I did not trust those chinese ones. And I wanted mine to perfectly fit, which the rosen one does. And Rosen things are top quality.

I believe the price is $1200. Not sure though, I am only paying for labor ( long story).

·
Pearl White Zoom!
732 Posts
I looked into those, too, the factory look is nice; but I really wasn't sure about quality and not being able to play with one hands on before purchasing.

I actually don't like all the buttons on them, though.

Please post how you like it after you get settled in with it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
In regards to watching a DVD while driving, please, please just be careful, there are enough distractions on the road these days, that you really need to be careful. I work as a full time firefighter in the Boston area, I see enough people banging themselves up over crazy stuff.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
9 Posts
has anyone installed the caska HU? I found this video on youtube, it appears it works on the 2010 mazda 3.... anyone know where to buy it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this thread is a little old, but I was wondering if you managed to bypass the Rosen unit? If not, I can help you with that. I install them often:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry for the delay everyone!

My car was in the shop getting some sick speakers, a new 6000 watt amp, and a booming subwoofer put in.
I will post pictures of the interface and my thoughts within a few days.

I'd also like to clarify that I myself do NOT intend on watching movies while driving. It is for the passengers.

-----

scootzpr5, how could you help me bypass it? Cause i'm clueless

·
AcrophobiA
144 Posts
looks really nice! where can i get one for a decent price :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Here is a new double din touch screen head unit for a the 2010 Mazda 3s.

Are there anybody familiar with these units?
Are they simply chinese untrusty gadgests?
What about branded items? I would happily order anything real branded head unit such as JVC or Pio, but I need one that perfectly fit the dashboard, like this. (simply 2 din head units would diamage the interior design)

2010 Mazda 3 replacement radio unit - Mazda 3 sat nav - Mazda 3 update unit
I actually installed one of these just a few days ago. Mine was also from autodvdgps.com, but the same head units are sold other places under different model numbers. As others said, the one the OP posted is identical to the Caska head unit I seen around.

The box the HU comes in has no brand name on it, nor does the user manual (which is in VERY broken english). The only hint of a brand name is a "QualiR" sticker on the top of the head unit itself (which is who owns the autodvdgps site).

As for the DVD's playing while you drive, I made no modifications to get it to work. The DVD's wouldn't work at all when I first tried it, then a quick google search told me that simply unchecking "PK" in the GPS directory allows it to work. Since then I've had no problems playing DVD's, or DivX files from the microsd slot.

Here's a pic of it installed. Mine is the "QL-MZD313" model from autodvdgps.com. I also seen the same one sundaybuy.com listed as model 8732.

It was $579.27 shipped with a rear view camera.

Overall the quality is amazing, way better than I expected from a no name Chinese product.

·
1,272 Posts
I actually installed one of these just a few days ago. Mine was also from autodvdgps.com, but the same head units are sold other places under different model numbers. As others said, the one the OP posted is identical to the Caska head unit I seen around.

The box the HU comes in has no brand name on it, nor does the user manual (which is in VERY broken english). The only hint of a brand name is a "QualiR" sticker on the top of the head unit itself (which is who owns the autodvdgps site).

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/Matt174e/SNC00028.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/Matt174e/SNC00029.jpg

As for the DVD's playing while you drive, I made no modifications to get it to work. The DVD's wouldn't work at all when I first tried it, then a quick google search told me that simply unchecking "PK" in the GPS directory allows it to work. Since then I've had no problems playing DVD's, or DivX files from the microsd slot.

Here's a pic of it installed. Mine is the "QL-MZD313" model from autodvdgps.com. I also seen the same one sundaybuy.com listed as model 8732.

It was $579.27 shipped with a rear view camera.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/Matt174e/SNC00093.jpg

Overall the quality is amazing, way better than I expected from a no name Chinese product.
Any chance that you can take some video of the GUI so we can see how it looks?

How is the rearview mirror? Worth the extra price? Install was plug and play I would assume? Just plug in the stock harnesses into the unit? All of the steering wheel controls work apart from the bluetooth controls?

Most importantly, how is the sound quality?

Sorry for all of the questions, but I'm really interested in getting something like this and I'm curious of the quality.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Any chance that you can take some video of the GUI so we can see how it looks?

How is the rearview mirror? Worth the extra price? Install was plug and play I would assume? Just plug in the stock harnesses into the unit? All of the steering wheel controls work apart from the bluetooth controls?

Most importantly, how is the sound quality?

Sorry for all of the questions, but I'm really interested in getting something like this and I'm curious of the quality.
I posted this short vid on another forum. The video was cut short because I was dumb enough to press the call back button while recording from my phone :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkdiPy5h8Bw#

Rear view camera only cost $20, but the picture quality isn't that great, only good enough to let you know what's around you. Night vision works amazingly well too. I definatly think it was worth the money.

As for installation. It's VERY simple, just pop out the original unit, and plug in the new one. Rear view camera was a little bit more trouble, but not as hard as I thought it would be. Mind you, I probably didn't do it the "right" way. There is enough space above the license plate (where the camera is mounted) that I can fit the wires through. The hardest part was having to strip the hatch apart and pull out the weather stripping to get the wires inside. I also had to splice the video cable to fit it through the stripping.

Steering wheel controls work great, just as they did before.

Sound quality seems better than it was with the stock imo. It also has an EQ with different presets, which is a huge plus. And you can control the volume of each function seperatly (radio, navigation, TV, DVD, bluetooth, etc.)

Reactions: xxxxcjxxxx
1 - 20 of 32 Posts