2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Another vote for Rally Armor on my 2015 Mazda3 SGT. Gray lettering on black. Has done a wonderful job of keeping road debris and dirt from the lower body.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Rally Armor, IIRC, has a mention of being careful to not run over the flaps when backing up, or something like that. It seems they may have been talking about backing-up when there is a lot of snow on the ground. Has anyone had a problem with that? Does one have to be careful when backing up? I'd hate to rip a $140 set of flaps off the car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm not sure why you would need such a big mudflaps for daily driving use. The car function perfectly without mudflaps at all.

·
Da belle of da ball.
3,542 Posts
Sure, it functions fine without flaps. Some of us drive on roads with a lot of debris and would like to reduce the amount crap getting kicked up onto the sides of our cars.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sure, it functions fine without flaps. Some of us drive on roads with a lot of debris and would like to reduce the amount crap getting kicked up onto the sides of our cars.
I'm not sure why you would need such a big mudflaps for daily driving use. The car function perfectly without mudflaps at all.
Some people just like the look, some people like the functionality

I, for one, prefer function over looks.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Get Rokblokz! Rally style, and don't flap around like Rally Armor ones do. @BlueHaloGirl and I have them and love them!

Reactions: mazdaspeedmyk

·
Super Moderator
6,186 Posts

Some people just like the look, some people like the functionality

I, for one, prefer function over looks.

Because, racecar.

I like the Rokblokz on my CX5 over the Rallyarmor on my MS3. They are more rigid and don't flap up and down like legs doing the can-can. (When's the last time you heard someone make a can-can reference? I'm bringing back the old school!)

·
Registered
66 Posts
To each it's own. The factory ones are sufficient for the driving that I do and occasional wet pavement. I'm not sure my car qualifies as a race car...I wonder when was the last time people took their racecar to the rally course? :surprise: :laugh2:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Does anyone know if the rokblokz mud flaps have any problem installing on the sedan? On the site it says that its for the hatchback..

RAs are a bit pricey to get them to Canada.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I got the Rally Armor mud flaps installed. Yeah they are a little pricy compared the the RBs, but I like the RAs and was surprised at how little they stuck out. I like that look instead of some others I have seen that stick out like trucker flaps.

·
Registered
71 Posts
To me, a lot of these after market old-school style mud flaps look like they belong on a pickup truck...way too 'in your face' for my taste. Plus I don't want branding on my car (other than Mazda). I prefer the molded look of the OEM splash guards personally, although they could stand to be a bit larger for better protection.

·
ch ch ch chia
504 Posts
The "in your face" mud flaps are the only ones that actually protect your car from the sides. The OEM ones barely stick out the side, making them almost useless. Also the urethane is quiet when hit with gravel, plastic is loud.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The "in your face" mud flaps are the only ones that actually protect your car from the sides. The OEM ones barely stick out the side, making them almost useless. Also the urethane is quiet when hit with gravel, plastic is loud.
I'm sure they do offer better protection than OEM. I just don't like the slapped on look or the logo, and they're a bit too long. I'd prefer just a slightly larger version of the OEM guards, but no such product exists. It's just a matter of preference.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just installed my RokBlokz on my HB, not bad at all. Although I prefer the aesthetics of the RA's, I went with the RB's because they seem much stouter, and I do a ton of winter driving with loads of road dirt/gravel/debris etc and just went as burly as I could. They do also look very good. And someone said here that they don't want other branding on their car other than Mazda. With the RB's you have the option of not applying the decal, whereas the UA's logo is there no matter what.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts