2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, so I have a 2010 with the Bose system and I’m trying to install a pioneer head unit. I’ve figured out the 24 pin connection but there another pin connector for the amp, does a pin to RCA adapter exist and if not I can’t seem to find any info on the colour code for that specific connector. I would assume the pairs are front and rear +/- , black ground and red is +12v but there’s a blue/white and a white wire ?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hi everyone, so I have a 2010 with the Bose system and I’m trying to install a pioneer head unit. I’ve figured out the 24 pin connection but there another pin connector for the amp, does a pin to RCA adapter exist and if not I can’t seem to find any info on the colour code for that specific connector. I would assume the pairs are front and rear +/- , black ground and red is +12v but there’s a blue/white and a white wire ?
There is a great write-up on the Mazda 6 forums but I don't have a link handy. Does your Pioneer have a built in amp? If not, I think it should be fairly straightforward. It's just a matter of knowing which color wires carry which signals.

·
Registered
452 Posts
There is a great write-up on the Mazda 6 forums but I don't have a link handy. Does your Pioneer have a built in amp? If not, I think it should be fairly straightforward. It's just a matter of knowing which color wires carry which signals.
You mean the one in my sig?

·
Registered
30 Posts
You mean the one in my sig?
I just changed the post title to note that the information is the same for 3s as well. Annoyingly I can't say that in the post body because the image limit got tighter when the forums updated so now even though they enabled editing of old posts I still can't save the changes because it exceeds the 20 image limit :| ).

So you're going to have to update your sig lol.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Why? I put custom text for a reason.
Oh wow, I guess the forum keeps an index of old thread links because the link in your sig still works.

I thought you'd need to change it because the URL changed since I changed the thread title.

I did end up posting a version of the tutorial here but edited the images and context so that its directed at the 3 instead. The wire coloring is widely different and annoyingly multiple channels on the one connector use the same colors lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts