2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to this car but I wanted to share my latest install.I think I am the first make a review of this screen , as I could not find anyone else with the unit. So, Here is some hope for some of you base model that hate the stock radio as much as I did.
i installed this headunit without cutting or replacing any part of the car it cost me around 281 USD .
i recommend it to any one who think to change his stock radio .
there is many models on the internet but all is not coming with the mouse like the original one .
anyone want to ask anything related to it plz feel free and ask whatever you want .

Fast Shipping Capacitive touch Car GPS Navigation Car Stereo for Mazda3 Axela BT steering control miralink playing oem cd radio-in Car DVD from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to fix this problem did you unpair your device from the old unit or not ?
if not connect back the old unit and unpair your phone and connect the new screen i have the same problem before and this is the only solution for that because of the bluetooth on the car not on the unit so you should disconnect it .
if you try another phone not connected to the car before it will work without any problem .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i cahnge from stock cmu as you see from the pic
now i have navigation ,playing video , front and reverse camera, mobile mirroring .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does Bluetooth audio display the title, artist, album? How is Bluetooth call quality?
Based on feedback on the website where it's sold, it does not seem to provide any song info for the streaming Bluetooth media. Which is a downside but not a deal breaker for me at least.

Also from what I've gathered in my exchange with the vendor, the system appears to display the song's file name for the USB media source.

Anyone with this radio installed, please feel free to correct me though if I'm in error here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased one of these units and...
Very poor Bluetooth operation.
Comes with no instructions or operation manual.
Product support is disgraceful at best.
If you are tempted good luck.
Peter.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I purchased a Belsee M313. Belsee Best Aftermarket Android 8.1 Auto Head Unit Car Stereo Upgrade Radio Replacement for Mazda 3 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 Apple CarPlay 10.25 inch IPS Touch Screen In Dash GPS Navigation System Audio Video Multimedia Player Octa Core Wifi Bluetoot

You have to ditch the stock screen. Interfaces with my old head unit so I didn't lose car features and runs on top of stock. I had stock modified with AOI tweaks and everything works together. Belsee are terrible, don't expect help. You will have to figure out how it all goes together. A few drawbacks is that you have to splice into factory camera leads if you want backup to work on belsee (although it still works in mazda interface). But now i can remote play xbox x in my car!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased a Belsee M313. Belsee Best Aftermarket Android 8.1 Auto Head Unit Car Stereo Upgrade Radio Replacement for Mazda 3 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 Apple CarPlay 10.25 inch IPS Touch Screen In Dash GPS Navigation System Audio Video Multimedia Player Octa Core Wifi Bluetoot

You have to ditch the stock screen. Interfaces with my old head unit so I didn't lose car features and runs on top of stock. I had stock modified with AOI tweaks and everything works together. Belsee are terrible, don't expect help. You will have to figure out how it all goes together. A few drawbacks is that you have to splice into factory camera leads if you want backup to work on belsee (although it still works in mazda interface). But now i can remote play xbox x in my car!
I have a question for you. I bought the same unit (with the stock o/s and android) and have the bose factory system. Got camera working by splicing /etc as you said, but have an audio issue. I get perfect audio through the original factory mazda connect side of the system, but NO sound when i switch over to the android side. I have two cables (one with 32 pins and audio left/right cables marked in and a 24 pin with the same l/r in markings - have no idea where they go)
Also, did you figure out a way to quickly move from the mazda side to android. From Android to mazda is easy - I just push my Favorites button on the center console and it switches fine. Sometimes, i've noticed that when in the mazda side if I swipe up on the red mazda car on the right hand side it will open up the android. It only works about 1/4 of the time. Thanks for any help you can give :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yup, i feel your pain and no help from the belsee camp. The audio cables belsee sent for android audio didn't fit anywhere. I ended up buying a stereo male rca to 3.5 to plug into the auxiliary jack in center console and plugged into stereo output of new head unit breakout box with ground loop isolator. Its clunky but I cant figure out another way to get full audio from android any other way. Routed everything under the center console so you can only see it plugged into the storage area 3.5 if you open the center console, but its still clunky. I would recommend that you try to find a cable with a ground loop isolator. I used the one linked below. The aux jack takes the low level signal and super boosts it. You just need to keep factory input on AUX. I used AOI tweaks to change the order of the inputs to put usb on top of the list so it remains the default connection. There may be a way to splice the audio into the TMU in the passenger side knee ick area but i didn't want to hatchet any other factory wires.

I found that using automatic hotspot on my phone will automatically connect the android to the internet and i can use the Bluetooth connection to the phone to play over factory speakers as well. A third option (i haven't tried) is to connect android unit to Bluetooth of factory and leave it on Bluetooth connection for full time android audio playback.

I was able to add a bunch of stuff on the factory unit, 4g, odb, torque pro, etc. Would have liked to see interface better, mine will not switch back to android randomly after using backup camera in factory mode. It freezes and needs the car to be turned off once in a while to get it working again. I added a red interrupt button in the glove box to the android head unit power interface and when it freezes i hit the button to reboot android unit. Such a pain but it happened often enough that it was a needed addition.

I'll send a few pics over on my install. I'll keep looking for a solution to the freezes.

Did you have to splice in the reverse camera wire to get android to recognize factory camera on Android unit? (gray wire, to positive camera? or similar)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yup, i feel your pain and no help from the belsee camp. The audio cables belsee sent for android audio didn't fit anywhere. I ended up buying a stereo male rca to 3.5 to plug into the auxiliary jack in center console and plugged into stereo output of new head unit breakout box with ground loop isolator. Its clunky but I cant figure out another way to get full audio from android any other way. Routed everything under the center console so you can only see it plugged into the storage area 3.5 if you open the center console, but its still clunky. I would recommend that you try to find a cable with a ground loop isolator. I used the one linked below. The aux jack takes the low level signal and super boosts it. You just need to keep factory input on AUX. I used AOI tweaks to change the order of the inputs to put usb on top of the list so it remains the default connection. There may be a way to splice the audio into the TMU in the passenger side knee ick area but i didn't want to hatchet any other factory wires.

I found that using automatic hotspot on my phone will automatically connect the android to the internet and i can use the Bluetooth connection to the phone to play over factory speakers as well. A third option (i haven't tried) is to connect android unit to Bluetooth of factory and leave it on Bluetooth connection for full time android audio playback.

I was able to add a bunch of stuff on the factory unit, 4g, odb, torque pro, etc. Would have liked to see interface better, mine will not switch back to android randomly after using backup camera in factory mode. It freezes and needs the car to be turned off once in a while to get it working again. I added a red interrupt button in the glove box to the android head unit power interface and when it freezes i hit the button to reboot android unit. Such a pain but it happened often enough that it was a needed addition.

I'll send a few pics over on my install. I'll keep looking for a solution to the freezes.

Did you have to splice in the reverse camera wire to get android to recognize factory camera on Android unit? (gray wire, to positive camera? or similar)
On the reverse camera, I replaced the lens unit (in the same housing) that was attached to a new wire that I ran into the Android unit's Camera RCA input (I added a camera that you can have up to 6 different views link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K2PKT8L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it's great). When i did that, the system changes over to it whenever I put car in reverse when i'm on Mazda side OR the android side). I've tried to get ahold of Belsee about the switching back and forth - to no end. I've also seen that if you're on mazda side and you put car in reverse and while you're shifting back you touch the screen as you see the android side it will stay there until you hit the favorite icon in center console. It seems as if they have it set (at least on my system) to always use the new head unit's camera input - and that's fine for me because I've found that if you stay in reverse with foot on the brake and touch the screen, there are TONS of adjustments you can make to the camera's appearance, lines, safety limits, etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts