2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just wondering if anybody with front parking sensors has attempted to fit an aftermarket grille, and if this caused them any issues.

Something like this

Loving the look of the new Gen 4 honeycomb grilles and was looking to get something similar for my Gen 3. Just a bit worried because 2/4 of the front parking sensors are directly attached to the grille.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
You have a GT? That one should say in the ad the grill won't fit models with parking sensors. I tried to install it on my '18 GT and it didn't fit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have a GT? That one should say in the ad the grill won't fit models with parking sensors. I tried to install it on my '18 GT and it didn't fit.
We've got different trim names over here, I've got a Sport Nav. I suspect it's the same as GT (both are top spec).

I don't know if this is a stupid question, but what part of it didn't fit?

Thanks for the reply :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
We've got different trim names over here, I've got a Sport Nav. I suspect it's the same as GT (both are top spec).

I don't know if this is a stupid question, but what part of it didn't fit?

Thanks for the reply :)
Yeah GT is a US model, as long as it has the front radar sensors it wont fit because of these annoying tabs at the top of the bumber/grill. Apparently you can do some trimming with power tools if you're into that sort of thing and it will fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts