2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellas! I'm looking at a couple of options for my car. It has the automatic transmission and I'm wondering if this floor shifter will work if my car has a push button shifter. I will know for sure when I pick it up later today.

As for the paddle shifters, I used to drive an Audi R8 and the OEM paddles looked similar to the original ones on the Mazda. They were just too small for my hands and these look more subtle than the long ones I've seen but look like they may function better than the OEM ones.

Thanks for your feedback!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imagine going from an R8 to a Riced Paddle Shift MZ3
I'm not sure if that's a dig or the after-market options but I've driven the Audi R8 V10 both on the street and on the track and the paddles leave a lot to be desired.

They are not only too small (for adult male hands) but also wedged between the steering wheel and the stalk. On the track, you will inevitably activate the stalk functions inadvertently unless that's the only car you ever drive and you make a mental adjustment that becomes second nature.

But if you're trying to make the point that they are "classier" in some way, that's fine. A matter of opinion of course. I prefer the form follows function axiom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts