2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Friends!

I have a 2015 Mazda 3, I made the upgrade from FW V31 to V70 and it is working fine, last week I decided to install an after market reverse camera but it is not working properly.

After installing a performed a soft reset ( back +Nav + Mute) in Reverse position and the camera started working, you can switch the gear lever and the camera stars and stops correctly, I can even stop and start the car in the moment and it still works but the problem is tha after leaving the car more than 10 minutes it stops working and then is needed a new soft reset to start working again.

Does anyone knows what could be the problem and how to fix it?

Thank you very much for your help!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello Friends!

I have a 2015 Mazda 3, I made the upgrade from FW V31 to V70 and it is working fine, last week I decided to install an after market reverse camera but it is not working properly.

After installing a performed a soft reset ( back +Nav + Mute) in Reverse position and the camera started working, you can switch the gear lever and the camera stars and stops correctly, I can even stop and start the car in the moment and it still works but the problem is tha after leaving the car more than 10 minutes it stops working and then is needed a new soft reset to start working again.

Does anyone knows what could be the problem and how to fix it?

Thank you very much for your help!
Need to supply camera B+ from the CMU (1C) if not the system detects the missing cam and switch off the input. Now the voltage supplied by the CMU is 6V so you need to add a step-up dc to dc converter to power a 12V camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need to supply camera B+ from the CMU (1C) if not the system detects the missing cam and switch off the input. Now the voltage supplied by the CMU is 6V so you need to add a step-up dc to dc converter to power a 12V camera.

@adagio Thank you very much for the help and the quick reply, I made the changes and it fixed the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts