2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone heard of or tried this brand of short ram air intake? It looks similar to K&N's Typhoon series, but is a lot cheaper at $169 on Amazon.

I was intending to get the K&Ns this coming week, but now I'm not so sure. Any input will be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
That air filter looks like shit. Probably just a mesh without any actual filtering media. You'll allow the engine to suck in dust and dirt and ruin the performance in a short time.

I say it's an epic fail.

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
Air Filter that comes with it is probably shit but the rest of the setup looks decent. I say slap a better cone at the end of it and try it, see how you like it.

·
Super Moderator
6,392 Posts
Looks like a standard generic cone filter like every other intake has. Its just a different color.
Will it be any different than other intakes? Probably not, since they are all basically the same anyhow.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Placement of the sensor seems the same, but if nobody's heard of it, then my confidence isn't helped much.

I also discovered their facebook page. Interestingly they have a post asking for a civic si test mule. Hmm.

Attachments

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
I also discovered their facebook page. Interestingly they have a post asking for a civic si test mule. Hmm.
A lot of companies do that, I believe AEM or one of those types of brands ask people to use their car to design/test new CAI/SRI setups. In return they get a free intake out of the deal.

·
Registered
28 Posts
did you end up getting it? im looking at getting one as well but wanted to see if you had success first. thanks. have a good new year

1 - 7 of 7 Posts