2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As anyone done this allready?
I know how to take the plastic trim (basicly pull up the piece)
is then, near the handbrake, some bolt to tight the brake?
it is holding only higher and higher

the other day even let it a bit loose and the car moved itself :blush 1: thank God no damages

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Don't feel bad. I parked mine and pulled the ebrake up. Went inside, came out and my car was down the hill against a boat trailer. Didn't leave it in gear like I should have. I need to adjust my ebrake as well. E brake drifts in the rain put some slack in the cable lol

Sent from that one app with the gay annoying signature

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Man you got lucky. I have never looked at ebrake setup in the 3. Have you tried backing up and stopping hard a few times. On some of my previous cars it will help tighten it back up. If that don't do crap then there should be a cable to adjust. Should have a nut on it to adjust the brake with. There is a video on YouTube of how to do it. I'm on my phone right now and can't get it to load so I can't link it for you.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Never done that. It may not work with the 3. Just find a safe place and back up at like 10 mph then use the brake pedal and stop fairly hard. Try it a couple times. It supposedly helps adjust the rear brakes as the fronts do most of the stopping around town. When you back up and brake hard it puts a bigger load on the rears and can help adjust them. If not look for that video. I would link it for you if I could. Dam phone. Lol

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
This is what I got from all data for a 2011. Obviously you have to take out the center console to access the adjusting nut. Hope this helps

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts