2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, what changes/additions have you made to your Mazda 3???

So far, I've added WeatherTech floor mats, rear bumper guard, Clear Bra (to the hood, grill, mirrors and the roof in front of the moonroof) and Lamp Gard.

UPDATE: Forgot about the window tinting (thanks Geddyhanzo).

·
Zoomin' Senior Member
356 Posts
Tinted windows, 20% rear, 35% front. Magnaflow muffler. Axela badge. Mazda3 pedals w/dead pedal. Hang loose sticker.
Coming soon: Speaker swap, lowering springs.

·
Registered
476 Posts
So, what changes/additions have you made to your Mazda 3???

So far, I've added WeatherTech floor mats, rear bumper guard, Clear Bra (to the hood, grill, mirrors and the roof in front of the moonroof) and Lamp Gard.
How much was the clear bra and did u install it yourself. If not, where did u have it installed?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Geddy, do you have any pics of your car with that tint? I am thinking of getting the same setup and would like to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much was the clear bra and did u install it yourself. If not, where did u have it installed?
I got everything installed for a little over $800. A guy that runs a shop out of his house up in Denton. He did an AMAZING job. Forcefield Paint Shield.

·
Registered
246 Posts
So far I repainted the rims, HIDs (Both fogs and Headlights), Broadway mirror 300mm concave (Hell YEA), "MazdaSpeed" Sticker in the back windshield

^_^

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a GT and I change the fog lights to hyper yellow, I put on some 18" KMC wheels, and I tinted the window (35% front, 25% rear)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I replaced my shifter knob with an aluminium ball that I had on two miatas.

·
Zoomin' Senior Member
356 Posts
Geddy, do you have any pics of your car with that tint? I am thinking of getting the same setup and would like to see what it looks like.
Yeah, soon as I can get my camera back I'll be posting pix.

·
Registered
227 Posts
geddyhanzo,

I would love to see a photo of the pedals. Which ones did you go with? Were they hard to install?

·
Zoomin' Senior Member
356 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I am pretty much right on par with glennk. A clear bra for the front end and mirrors, window tint 35% all around and Weather Tech DigitalFit Floorliners up front.

·
Registered
476 Posts
gunner, how much u paid for your clear bra? and did you install it urself or had someone do it?

·
Registered
275 Posts
gunner, how much u paid for your clear bra? and did you install it urself or had someone do it?
No, I did not install it myself. A place called Guardian Graphics did the install. I got a package deal for$655.00. It included the bra and the 35% tint. The bra was partial hood & fenders, mirrors and the front fascia. He said the full hood piece would have added around $200 more to the price. Also, they didn't install the headlight pieces because they said there has been problems with bulbs not lasting as long do to the extra trapped heat from the film.

I'll give you a headsup if you are considering doing this. Treat the film just like paint and don't let bugs sit on there long. There is a warning on the fine print about possible staining of the film "if foreign material is not removed as quickly as possible". Well, it does. The place where I had it done is about two hours away and the front was riddled with bugs after I got back from the return trip. It staits to wait 24 hours to allow the film to cure. It was a hot and sunny day and I don't own a garage so it sat in the sun all day. It rained the next two days, so the bugs were on there for 3 days. There are now stains where some of the larger bugs had hit. The film is smooth as glass in these areas, but the are visible stains. I'm still happy with the product because it prevents rock chips and with a 105 mile round trip to work my cars' front ends look like a war zone after a year or so.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, I did not install it myself. A place called Guardian Graphics did the install. I got a package deal for$655.00. It included the bra and the 35% tint. The bra was partial hood & fenders, mirrors and the front fascia. He said the full hood piece would have added around $200 more to the price. Also, they didn't install the headlight pieces because they said there has been problems with bulbs not lasting as long do to the extra trapped heat from the film.

I'll give you a headsup if you are considering doing this. Treat the film just like paint and don't let bugs sit on there long. There is a warning on the fine print about possible staining of the film "if foreign material is not removed as quickly as possible". Well, it does. The place where I had it done is about two hours away and the front was riddled with bugs after I got back from the return trip. It staits to wait 24 hours to allow the film to cure. It was a hot and sunny day and I don't own a garage so it sat in the sun all day. It rained the next two days, so the bugs were on there for 3 days. There are now stains where some of the larger bugs had hit. The film is smooth as glass in these areas, but the are visible stains. I'm still happy with the product because it prevents rock chips and with a 105 mile round trip to work my cars' front ends look like a war zone after a year or so.
Yup, that's where we differ. I have the full hood covering and the lights. I've never heard of excessive heat build up.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yup, that's where we differ. I have the full hood covering and the lights. I've never heard of excessive heat build up.
It may be more of a case on the regular bulbs vs our HID's. The installer said he hadn't had any issues with installs, but I guess the company he uses put out the info.

1 - 20 of 278 Posts