2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I was reading a post about adding mirrors with turn signals to my car. I have a 2012 Mazda 3 Skyactive i touring. After spending some time google searching tonight, I have found conflicting information.

Is my car currently wired for these mirrors or will I have to run wiring for them?

Also, anyone who has done this upgrade... Where did find the best price on OEM turn signal mirrors?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Is it really a direct plug and play? I hired you need to do a few adjustments to the wiring in order for the turn signals to work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Depends on your Mazda. I believe the SkyActive has the wiring already in there, so it is just plug and play. Other Mazda's like my Mazda 3 2011, I had to splice the wire from the front turn signal and run that wire to the side mirror. Just an hours work, but still had to do it.

Order from RockAuto.com, best place to buy parts like that. The turn signal mirrors are about $60 on there

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks for the info, I also have 2010 Mazda 3 non skyactive. Guess I would have to do some rewiring if I wanted it for my car.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I did mine, but I had to do some rewiring. I have a 2013 Skyactiv. I don't think it will be plug-and-play for you, if it's like mine.

·
Registered
235 Posts
How hard was it to do the rewiring?

·
Registered
218 Posts
It wasn't easy, but it's not impossible. Have you looked at the thread in regards to this? That's what I went by. I did have to add a pin to make it work, which means ripping apart one of the plugs just to pull out a pin to put it in another one. Ripping apart one of the plugs was the hardest part.

Also remember, you'd have to get your new caps painted, which is an extra cost.

jegonzo3

Reactions: mazda3415

·
Registered
8 Posts
It wasn't easy, but it's not impossible. Have you looked at the thread in regards to this? That's what I went by. I did have to add a pin to make it work, which means ripping apart one of the plugs just to pull out a pin to put it in another one. Ripping apart one of the plugs was the hardest part.

Also remember, you'd have to get your new caps painted, which is an extra cost.

jegonzo3

Hey, I just picked up some oem side mirrors with the turn signal.. I know I need to splice, but does anyone have access to the wiring diagram?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey, I just picked up some oem side mirrors with the turn signal.. I know I need to splice, but does anyone have access to the wiring diagram?
Drew, do a search for it, I don't know exactly which section it's in, but it should have all the information for you.

·
Registered
218 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts