2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have a Mazda 3 2015 sedan which is not equipped an interrior switch to open the trunk from inside. Today I've figured out that there is a plug/connector under the cover. So can I buy a switch to connect that plug to open the trunk lid?

The switch : onlinemazdaparts.com/p/Mazda__/LOCK-SWITCH-Trunk-Lid-Release-Switch-Trunk-lid-switch/52401858/GJR966630A.html
The connector : mediafire.com/view/161bd46fiih9niy
Please advise. Thank you!

BR,
Andy

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
I don't know if it would be a simple plug and play type of thing, but I'm definitely interested to see if that's the case. I'd love a remote trunk opener.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, I would love too. But sometimes I have to get out of my car to press the trunk release button for other person who don't know where the button is...it's quite inconvenient, I think.
Do you think that it's related with RBMC asbuilt modification? Does your car have this interior trunk opener switch?
BTW, I have found this : "www*eecs.tufts.edu/~stephen/2014wsm/service%20highlights/books/n6w09/html/id094000002600.html"

·
Registered
20 Posts
On our UK model 2015 Mazda 3 sedan the remote locking fob has 3 buttons: lock, unlock, and pop the trunk. Perhaps it would be possible to acquire and programme one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I think so, maybe we need an sample ASbuilt of US car as it does have a button to release the trunk lid from cabin...

·
Registered
485 Posts
One guy in Ukraine has installed this button and it works.
He says that except the button itself he had to add the wire from the button to RBCM module (2D pin).
More details (in Russian): https://www.drive2.ru/l/466777046803022115/

·
Registered
14 Posts
One guy in Ukraine has installed this button and it works.
He says that except the button itself he had to add the wire from the button to RBCM module (2D pin).
More details (in Russian): https://www.drive2.ru/l/466777046803022115/
Is there any wire diagram or step by step on how to add the wire? i installed the button to my 2016 M3 but it only lit up when lights are on, other than that it still won't open the trunk :(. It seems that i will need to add that wire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts