2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife has a '12 GS-Sky that does not have fog lights from factory. Looks like the OEM Fogs kits are ~$250 + another ~$75 for the stalk with the added switch.

Came across the below on ebay for ~$100, and am curious if anyone has experience with them?

2012 2013 Mazda 3 Mazda3 Bumper Driving Fog Light Yellow w Bulb Cover Switch Kit | eBay

We do a lot of long distance inclement weather driving and am looking to beef up visibility (for us and others)

Thanks!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I don't have experience with that particular kit, but I did purchase the factory kit with the stalk.

The kit you reference does look like the stock housing, but the yellow lights are not stock (as far as I know) and you'd have to run the wiring up to your dash with this kit.

In the end, if you opt for the complete stock kit, yes you will pay a few hundred dollars more. I got mine from these guys: 2012 2013 Mazda 3 Fog Light Kit w Switch Brand New Genuine | eBay

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the feedback and link, that's a good price for the complete kit. However, the replacement stalk shown does not include the "auto" setting for the exterior lights.

I'm partial to the selective yellow fogs for contrast so that's not issue for me.

Do you notice an appreciable difference in light spread/pattern with the OEM fogs vs without? On some vehicles they are not noticeable at all.

Thanks!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I believe the auto feature is for a higher end lighting feature, which I don't have.

Yes, I've heard yellow cuts through fog better.

To tell you the truth, the fog lights do not light up much, however, I feel the added visibility helps with oncoming traffic and right now we have a lot of fog in my area. Maybe because its the stock light. I kmow many have swapped out theirs for LED or other lights.

·
Ex-Honda Owner
53 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks CodeGreen for the link and review. Visually they fit the bill but perhaps they are not what I am looking for in terms of light output.

May need to cram some Hella 500's in there :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts