2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
They make good stuff. I have an alpine pdr-v75 amp and it works well: 4x100 line outs and a 350 watt out for the sub. It's under the driver seat.
The OEM Bose amp was cut out of its spot and flipped over to make more space. It feeds into the Rockford Fosgate LOC which feeds the Alpine amp which then feeds the hi-lo splitters that came with my Focal speakers (hi's go to the tweeters and lo's to the door speakers). This is all fit under the passenger seat. (Except the Alpine amp). The 350 watt line out for the amp goes under the flooring and seats from the amp directly to my hatch to power the sub. The thinline sub doesn't take much space and didn't require a stealth install. I still have a spare tire and the ability to load up stuff in back.
Good luck with your project. :)
CK
DO you have power adjustable driver seat? I'd love to fit the 5 channel RF under there maybe. Under the Bose is another interesting idea...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
DO you have power adjustable driver seat? I'd love to fit the 5 channel RF under there maybe. Under the Bose is another interesting idea...
I'm still working out the wiring in my head, but for now, I was thinking the 5 channel amp would power:

1) The 600 watt, dual 10" sub on one channel

2) The upgraded front door mids on 2 channels

3) The upgraded front center on 1 channel

4) (Possibly) the upgraded 2 front tweeters on 1 channel

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
We need something low profile like this for the center. 3" would be preferable but I don't see many options that size:

I think I'll use these to timbre and tone match the new tweeters and mid drivers:

Same mounts too, which is nice.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
3,375 Posts
Yes. Power driver seat and manual passenger seat. The amp gets hot and needs extra space.

The LOC, 2 fixed hi-lo splitters and OEM amp all fit under the passenger seat. 8 speakers (4 woofers x 4 tweeters) and a sub for a nice 9 speaker system.

I also have an auxiliary line in for the LOC that bypass the car's audio system. You can plug a DAP or whatever in this way and bypass all processing on the signal. Small controller under the A/C switches controls that and it controls the sub level too. Only problem is that all controls are on the player this way.. not great while driving but it sounds amazing.
CK

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I believe it. Signal quality is so important, it makes only so much sense working on fidelity at one point.

Are you saying the amp under the driver's seat is problematic, or just be mindful of air circulation? I dunno the 5 channel RF amp is pretty big. Behind the spare tire on top of the Second Skin was my other thought for now...

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
3,375 Posts
I believe it. Signal quality is so important, it makes only so much sense working on fidelity at one point.

Are you saying the amp under the driver's seat is problematic, or just be mindful of air circulation? I dunno the 5 channel RF amp is pretty big. Behind the spare tire on top of the Second Skin was my other thought for now...
It gets really hot is all. Not good to put other stuff near it or it may melt some stuff.
CK

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
It gets really hot is all. Not good to put other stuff near it or it may melt some stuff.
CK
Can I see a snap of it under your driver's seat just to get an idea? I guess I'd be mirroring the Bose amp on the passenger side for the most part?

ETA: Nevermind. My amp is 9"X15". Back of sub might be the most practical in terms of space and airflow.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Wouldn't these work with the Bose system to go direct from the channels into the amp?

ETA: Ah nm that's just for speaker outs. Wonder if I can use the LCi2 for both the front door and center speakers. I think I'll return it for the LC8i.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am thinking I will be. It may be a few weeks, I like to haggle and get a good price on my vehicle. I will take plenty of pictures of the disassembly process and upgrade. From what little I can gather these vehicles have a mix of 3.5" and 4" speakers, damn that is small. I guess on a positive note they are a lot cheaper for each set but there are so few options compared to a standard 6.5" speaker.
Hey can I ask what you paid >? I am getting my Mazda 3 evolve hatch uses demo in 2 days ? Traded my Alfa 156 110,00kmh and good condition

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wanted to let you know I have the preferred plus (without Bose) into which I successfully installed a Subwoofer. I used a spare-tire subwoofer from Rockville, which has a LOC and Amp built into it. I ended up looking up the wiring diagrams for the Audio amplifier on Mazda's service manual, and found the high-level outputs for the left and right Cowl woofers (I have a copy of the diagram for wiring of all speakers; they're color coded so you know which wires to strip). I tapped into the wires in the speaker cable harness right by the amplifier (under the passenger seat), and tucked the spliced wires into the stock speaker wiring harness. I ran power by using an interior fuse tap, which is the fusebox by the driver's dead pedal (My LOC and subwoofer has auto shutoff so it turns off when the stock amplifier does), and ran it by the wiring harnesses in the doorsills. Everything in my car looks stock, and there are no visible cables for both power and audio.
Hi, would really appreciate if you can share the wiring diagram. Thanks so much!

81 - 100 of 128 Posts