2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
IMO, I don't think that scuff plate offers much protection. The corner edge is still exposed and will most likely be the area that will get scratched. I recommend keeping a thick bath towel in the trunk. Drape it over the bumper whenever you are loading/unloading anything that you think can scratch the bumper.

Reactions: darvetis

·
Banned
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMO, I don't think that scuff plate offers much protection. The corner edge is still exposed and will most likely be the area that will get scratched. I recommend keeping a thick bath towel in the trunk. Drape it over the bumper whenever you are loading/unloading anything that you think can scratch the bumper.
The scuff plate works for me. I don't put things on the corner edge.

·
Registered
287 Posts
When I had ppf applied to the car, this was another area I had done. Also driver side door sill.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally had PPF on bumper until I was rear ended. After bumper was replaced, I installed the rear SS bumper guard. It may look nice (depending on car paint color), but it isn't the best design. As previously mentioned, there is no protection at the right angle along entire rear horizontal edge. Received numerous chips after loading/ unloading cargo throughout year; the PPF originally wrapped slightly over this horizontal edge, completely protecting the area.

Reactions: kontai69

·
Registered
127 Posts
I installed the rear SS bumper guard. It may look nice (depending on car paint color), but it isn't the best design. As previously mentioned, there is no protection at the right angle along entire rear horizontal edge. Received numerous chips after loading/ unloading cargo throughout year; .
Thanks for confirming my observations about the limited protection of the bumper guard.:smile2:
The same design "flaw" can be found with the OEM door sill scuff plate where it does not cover the more vulnerable horizontal edge.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Any more people adding the bumper scuff cover to your sedan? I'm thinking about it but not sure how it would look on a sedan. I'm used to seeing these on SUVs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts