2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always bought and prefer manual trans cars but I bought an automatic this time so my fiancee can drive it.

I live in Hawaii, its hot on the freeway and in the city. I envoy revving it up and downshifting so I was surprised to find they deleted the automatic transmission cooler. It it now on my to-do list to install one. My preference will be to install a factory cooler because I know it will fit perfect and I should not have any warranty problems with it. Or I could go aftermarket cos there are many to choose from there.

Pic from Ntechnic - Plz LMN if your not ok I link to your pic

Can any please post a pic of the cooler lines and where exactly they are going to and from?

If anyone know wheres to find one from a new wrecked car.

Thanks Guy...............................C

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Automatic Trans Oil Cooler - FYI

Hi Guys

I was at the dealer the other day and asked about adding an Automatic Transmission Oil cooler - The mech told me there was oen and pointed at it. It looks like we have a water cooled oil cooler. It looks like this.

I was pleasantly surprised.

He said I could add a air cooled cooler to it as well, no problem.

He also said I should start the drain and fill every 15k for preventive maint. He does.

Interesting reading about the cooler
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?35698-How-to-2004-2009-European-spec-oil-cooler

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm considering doing this to extend the life of the transmission, especially since I'm (very slowly) upping the power to the wheels and thru the transmission. Though this does add mass, it also keeps the ATX cooler, I wonder how ATX temp effects it's efficiency.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts