2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i was just bored and i know how a lot of people dont like the smiley look to our cars. Why hasn't anyone come out with an add-on or a lip/attachment to the bottom part of the grill. It looks like it wouldn't be all that hard. What do you thinK?

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
still looks like the smile is there because of that grey part under the hood

also there is two addons, but they are 800-900 dollar pieces

the 2012 model has a different front look, maybe parts could be replaced

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
The par that you have covered with the ad on thingy is actually where the radiator get its air flow. With the amount of covering you are doing there the efficiency will be greatly reduced as well as eliminating the chance for a FMIC in the future.

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
The par that you have covered with the ad on thingy is actually where the radiator get its air flow. With the amount of covering you are doing there the efficiency will be greatly reduced as well as eliminating the chance for a FMIC in the future.
In m opinion, the car's smile will never really go away unless you completely redesign the front bumper. This is in part due to the black around the fog lights. You can paint that front bar and get some CS eyelids to make it look alot more aggressive. That is my plan. Pic below is my front bar painted. Eyelids will come soon in white as well.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I actually like the smile. Makes my car look happy. Maybe I am the only one that likes the smile.
nope your not i like the smile as well..imo the design of the car flows very good with the front bumper (aka the smile)

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
I love the grin (not smile) on mine, makes it look like its up to something bad haha

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts
Why get rid of the smile, it gives no much no character and attitude, if the smile bothers people that much, why did they buy the car?

·
Registered
410 Posts
In other words, it is a functional grille. I never even thought of it as a smile until some reviewers commented on it (if they didn't, then I still won't see it as a smile). I do agree that it gives the car's appearance character. Designing a front grille to look just like the rest of the cars out there, is so not Mazda.

·
Black Mica
374 Posts
In other words, it is a functional grille. I never even thought of it as a smile until some reviewers commented on it (if they didn't, then I still won't see it as a smile). I do agree that it gives the car's appearance character. Designing a front grille to look just like the rest of the cars out there, is so not Mazda.
+1 Agreed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts