2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I’m trying to get some info on the ADD / HUD issues...I’ve seen the problem when it doesn’t raise at all every so often or that it bounces over bumps but drove one today and it worked fine...apart form the adjustment in the settings.

The issue was it raised on start up and the Mazda logo displayed along with the speed but I couldn’t adjust the screen to my height...changing the settings it seemed to move slightly every 5th turn or so rather than incremental on each marker on the adjustment screen.

It’s running the v21 software so I wasn’t sure if it’s old software issue or a mechanics issue...like I say everything else is working fine and it closes down smoothly when shutting off the car.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS - the rest of the car seems pretty immaculate so if this is a minor issue or easy fix then don’t want to be put off purchasing.

Thanks!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Regardless of anything you should or have the firmware updated to v. 59....a lot has changed and your version is OLD!

I don't quite understood what you saying with all the bumps and movement, but you should know that one of the anecdotal warning signs of a dying battery with the Mazda's is the HUD not properly raising. It's actually a nice warning sign rather than the usual occurrence of getting stuck somewhere with a dead battery. So depending on where you live, the mornings are getting colder and you probably should expect more issues with more amps needed to start.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Regardless of anything you should or have the firmware updated to v. 59....a lot has changed and your version is OLD!

I don't quite understood what you saying with all the bumps and movement, but you should know that one of the anecdotal warning signs of a dying battery with the Mazda's is the HUD not properly raising. It's actually a nice warning sign rather than the usual occurrence of getting stuck somewhere with a dead battery. So depending on where you live, the mornings are getting colder and you probably should expect more issues with more amps needed to start.
Thanks!

The battery seemed fine (it started first time from cold and everything was working. The HUD raised fine and works but I couldnt adjust to the correct angle is what the issue is (sorry if wasn’t very clear).

It opens and closes with the ingnotion on and off but the physical adjustment (by the settings menu) wasn’t working properly. I’m not sure it was ‘stuck’ as it was opening and closing fully...just not adjusting correctly inbetween if you see why I mean.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts