2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added fogs to a 3 that came without them. Mazda has fogs and switch, but seem expensive. See some kits on Ebay that look the same. Trying to figure out if 2016 same housings for turn signals as 2017

·
Registered
104 Posts
My 2015 3S (2.5) Touring came with fogs. I'm surprised the 2017 doesn't.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I also have a 2017 2.5. I'll probably just get the oem kit. I haven't seen any aftermarket ones that fit the new updated front end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anyone added fogs to a 3 that came without them. Mazda has fogs and switch, but seem expensive. See some kits on Ebay that look the same. Trying to figure out if 2016 same housings for turn signals as 2017
From all the pics I have seen it appears the 2017 is different than the 2016

·
Registered
39 Posts
If adding the factory OEM fog lights, do you only require the lamp assemblies plus a changeover indicator stalk?

Anyone have MAzda part numbers for all required parts?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just installed the oem fog lights on my 2017 Touring 2.5. Simple install, but you do have remove the front bumper. I ordered mine from Medcenter Mazda. I've ordered almost every oem accessory from them. They've been the least expensive and ship fast. They sell it as a kit. You just need to specify whether you have automatic head lights or not to make sure you get the correct stalk.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just installed the oem fog lights on my 2017 Touring 2.5. Simple install, but you do have remove the front bumper. I ordered mine from Medcenter Mazda. I've ordered almost every oem accessory from them. They've been the least expensive and ship fast. They sell it as a kit. You just need to specify whether you have automatic head lights or not to make sure you get the correct stalk.

Do you mind posting a picture? Thanks :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Do you mind posting a picture? Thanks :D

Sure. Here you go. Comes with everything needed and include "chrome" side pieces. You could use the stock black pieces if you want, but I chose to install the chrome ones. They kind of finish off the turn signal markers.

Sorry for the bad lighting. Sun is going down right now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sure. Here you go. Comes with everything needed and include "chrome" side pieces. You could use the stock black pieces if you want, but I chose to install the chrome ones. They kind of finish off the turn signal markers.

Sorry for the bad lighting. Sun is going down right now.

How much were they from medcenter mazda and has anyone been able to find aftermarket fog lights for the 2017 3s?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is it me or do they look super tiny?
Had the same comment when I first saw the refresh look. I know the previous design fogs were larger but most felt were only for looks. Maybe these use bright led's so can be much smaller & provide better lighting? Buyer would have to let us know if they could even tell when they are on or if they are still mostly for looks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
For how much did you get them for? Cheapest I've found is straight from Mazda ordering individually for about $120...

Wow! That's a great price. Cheapest I've seen them is for around $300. Does that $120 include all the mounting pieces, or is it just the lamp?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wow! That's a great price. Cheapest I've seen them is for around $300. Does that $120 include all the mounting pieces, or is it just the lamp?

I believe I have found them for cheaper than that now... So from this website below:

https://www.parkmazdaoemparts.com/p...ECTRICAL&group=FRONT LAMPS&subgroup=FOG LAMPS

You can get the hardware for the fog lamps. I went ahead and did the math for you guys... #1 is $167.87, which is the housing for the fog bulbs and sits on the bracket which comes out to $335.74 without anything else... YIKES!.. So, if you buy the bulb ($26.82), Bracket ($9.67), Lower Bolt ($1.05), Lamp Bracket Screw ($1.35), and the Upper Bolt ($5.72), sums up to $44.61 for one side without the housing... Which in total would equal to $89.22 for both sides WITHOUT #1 (Housing). Which is good, but that's only for items labeled #2 - #6 ... See below...
So I've been looking and found a trust worthy source from eBay! lol which offers the housing and the bulb BUT the mounting brackets and hardware for a price of $39.99:

Driver Passenger Sides Fog Light Lamps w/ Halogen Bulbs For Mazda 2 3 6 CX5 CX7 | eBay

Now for $39.99 (eBay) + $35.55 (Which is 1 of both sides from #2 - #6 summed up) = $75.57... That is not a bad price lol I have yet to find the switch to which will turn them on, but maybe y'all can help me? I hope this helps those who wouldn't want to spend more than $150 for a fog light set up!

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
I believe I have found them for cheaper than that now... So from this website below:

https://www.parkmazdaoemparts.com/p...ECTRICAL&group=FRONT LAMPS&subgroup=FOG LAMPS

You can get the hardware for the fog lamps. I went ahead and did the math for you guys... #1 is $167.87, which is the housing for the fog bulbs and sits on the bracket which comes out to $335.74 without anything else... YIKES!.. So, if you buy the bulb ($26.82), Bracket ($9.67), Lower Bolt ($1.05), Lamp Bracket Screw ($1.35), and the Upper Bolt ($5.72), sums up to $44.61 for one side without the housing... Which in total would equal to $89.22 for both sides WITHOUT #1 (Housing). Which is good, but that's only for items labeled #2 - #6 ... See below...
So I've been looking and found a trust worthy source from eBay! lol which offers the housing and the bulb BUT the mounting brackets and hardware for a price of $39.99:

Driver Passenger Sides Fog Light Lamps w/ Halogen Bulbs For Mazda 2 3 6 CX5 CX7 | eBay

Now for $39.99 (eBay) + $35.55 (Which is 1 of both sides from #2 - #6 summed up) = $75.57... That is not a bad price lol I have yet to find the switch to which will turn them on, but maybe y'all can help me? I hope this helps those who wouldn't want to spend more than $150 for a fog light set up!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of those items fit the 2017 front fascia redesign that incorporates the different turn signals with the fog lights. Am I right?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of those items fit the 2017 front fascia redesign that incorporates the different turn signals with the fog lights. Am I right?
Correct, those lights are for 2014-16 front bumpers. Refresh has the smaller lights & different plastic surround.

·
Registered
5 Posts
??? I saw on U-tube how easy it was to install on 2016. Just pry off black shield (wiring already there) and install new fog lights (but from Spyder). Of course this was for the 2014-2016 Mazda 3. Is it so different for the 2017 to have to take off front bumper to install? Also see some costs for the 2017 have whole bunch of small items needed. Maybe just as easy to buy from dealer? Any idea what it would cost for installation? I bought the 2017 in late fall and the fog lights could not be ordered at that time. Dealer said I could get them at dealer costs but wonder if the lights and switch with installation will come to more than the $375 they would have charged when I ordered car. Thoughts?? How difficult to take off fender if needed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
??? I saw on U-tube how easy it was to install on 2016. Just pry off black shield (wiring already there) and install new fog lights (but from Spyder). Of course this was for the 2014-2016 Mazda 3. Is it so different for the 2017 to have to take off front bumper to install? Also see some costs for the 2017 have whole bunch of small items needed. Maybe just as easy to buy from dealer? Any idea what it would cost for installation? I bought the 2017 in late fall and the fog lights could not be ordered at that time. Dealer said I could get them at dealer costs but wonder if the lights with installation will come to more than the $375 they would have charged when I ordered car. Thoughts?? How difficult to take off fender if needed?

·
Registered
79 Posts
??? I saw on U-tube how easy it was to install on 2016. Just pry off black shield (wiring already there) and install new fog lights (but from Spyder). Of course this was for the 2014-2016 Mazda 3. Is it so different for the 2017 to have to take off front bumper to install? Also see some costs for the 2017 have whole bunch of small items needed. Maybe just as easy to buy from dealer? Any idea what it would cost for installation? I bought the 2017 in late fall and the fog lights could not be ordered at that time. Dealer said I could get them at dealer costs but wonder if the lights with installation will come to more than the $375 they would have charged when I ordered car. Thoughts?? How difficult to take off fender if needed?

Those are my photos earlier in the thread. I bought mine from Med Center Mazda. Included everything including switch. Install took about 45 min to 1 hour. Taking off the bumper is easy. Hardest part was disconnecting the dummy plug on the connector for the fog lights on the inside of the bumper. An extra hand would have been nice. Otherwise it's just plug and play.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts