Audio Integrations M3H1010 subwoofer box
Second Skin damplifier pro on doors and hatch
JL Audio HD-RLC remote line control
PAC SWI-RC steering wheel interface
Pioneer ND-TMC10 Traffic Tuner
Pioneer CD-SB10 Sirius Bus Interface
Sirius SCC1 Connect Universal Tuner
Pioneer ND-BC5 Rearview camera

Here's what I ended up going with. I am very happy with the way this system sounds. The AVIC is top notch. iPod integration is so good that I bought one for myself. For a single 10 it has a ton of kick and can shake the entire car if you want it to. The transition from door speakers to sub is very smooth, powering the coaxials off an amplifier really helps. The XD700/5 easily fits under the driver's seat where it gets plenty of air flow - it's incredibly small.

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
Image Dynamics CTX-57 5x7 coaxials
Pioneer AVIC-X930BT headunit
JL Audio XD700/5 amp
JL Audio 10W3v3-2 sub
Second Skin damplifier pro on doors and hatch

Here's what I ended up going with. I am very happy with the way this system sounds. The AVIC is top notch. iPod integration is so good that I bought one for myself. For a single 10 it has a ton of kick and can shake the entire car if you want it to. The transition from door speakers to sub is very smooth, powering the coaxials off an amplifier really helps. The XD700/5 easily fits under the driver's seat where it gets plenty of air flow - it's incredibly small. I wanted an OEM look in the hatch, so I ordered an Audio Integrations stealth sub enclosure. I'm using a temporary box until that arrives.
Good install, but it is not really necessary to run the GPS antenna outside. Mine is installed between the two centre vents, right under the centre speaker grill. I have no issues with the signal.

Pat.

Reactions: Dusteefartz

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Good install, but it is not really necessary to run the GPS antenna outside. Mine is installed between the two centre vents, right under the centre speaker grill. I have no issues with the signal.

Pat.
That's for Sirius. I have the GPS antenna in the dash still. Sirius reception cut out too often in that location.

·
Registered
633 Posts
That's for Sirius. I have the GPS antenna in the dash still. Sirius reception cut out too often in that location.
Ok didn't realise you had the sirius hooked up. Reason I mentioed it is a lot of folks are unnecessarily running the GPS antenna out to the roof.

Pat.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks! so it fits a 10 in im guessing right? thats what i have just needed one of these! These are the only guys besides jl huh that makes stealths?
btw grreat set up
He sells 8" and 10" models. It's not stealth like JL's enclosure, but I think it's a good compromise. Here are some prototype pictures the owner Todd sent me.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I don't think the pictures do it justice, I need to take it out in the daylight so my camera can focus. This box is really high quality, it exceeded my expectations. At $300 it's not cheap so my expectations were already pretty high. The fiberglass and MDF are very thick, it feels extremely solid. The included hardware appears to be sturdy, and they even supplied a drill bit for the subwoofer screws. I'll install it tomorrow and post some more pics.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The box is in. It fits like a glove. The only thing I'm not completely satisfied with is the color of the carpet. There is a ~1" gap below the box, so I think the weathertech trunk mat would fit fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
Looks good. Honestly though, I think I like the it without the carpeting. Like the prototype pictures. I wonder if you could order it without the carpeting.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts