2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
My wiring: The light is on when car gets unlocked with key or at the door (even if door is not open yet, I guess). Or when ACC/IGN is set to off and you wnt to leave the car. It is not connected to the front or rear map light in the heaven. Light gets off, when car gets locked.

·
Registered
267 Posts
My wiring: The light is on when car gets unlocked with key or at the door (even if door is not open yet, I guess). Or when ACC/IGN is set to off and you wnt to leave the car. It is not connected to the front or rear map light in the heaven. Light gets off, when car gets locked.
so it work exactly as illumination welcome light (OEM KIT C850-V7-055A).

·
Registered
434 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Perhaps it might help if you would ask the persons who posted these photos? Perhaps they retrofitted this feature or can at least tell you which car/model/version/year it is and ideally send some ForScan *.abt backup data, so that a comparison to other nearly same models without that option would be possible?

In the first two screenshots it might be only the interior light (perhaps map light) above your head... and in the third picture it might be a translation issue, that its called ambient instead of interior light. I am just thinking about options... I also would preferr the option that some ambient light is available for retrofitting.

I just checked my CX-5 2016 - it has the 2 options mentioned in the first photo (but not dark/medium): "Interior Light Timeout-Door Open 30 min." and "Interior Light Timeout-Door Close 15 Sec.". So this is definitively for the map lights over your head. And I found photos of CX-5 2015 (MZD) and 2014 (TomTom NB1), in which the wording in german was slightly different, but the functionality the same.

Curious what`s that about the "Ambient Lighting" in the 3rd photo...

Ah... I just checked our Mazda country website (Germany) - and there is an official Ambient light available for the Mazda3 from 2016 onwards (perhaps already earlier), that illuminates the driver and passenger foot/leg area (either in blue, red or white).
Part Numbers Germany for Mazda3 from 2016+
Wiring Harnesses (nesessary as basis):
C850-V7-055E - fits these models: Mazda2 DJ1, Mazda3 BN, Mazda CX-3, Mazda CX-5 KF ...so all these might be retrofittable.
  • LED White: C855-V7-057
  • LED red: C857-V7-057
  • Red: ABKT-WL-DJR
  • Blue: ABKT-WL-DJB
  • White: ABKT-WL-DJW
And accoring to the linked manual below there is a second wiring harness:
Wiring Harness C850-V7-055A for Mazda3 BL, Mazda2 DJ1, CX-3 DJ1, CX-5 KE/GH, Mazda6 GJ/GH
  • C851-V7-057 (LED WHITE)
  • C852-V7-057 (LED BLUE)
  • C853-V7-057 (LED RED)
And for the CX-5 KF it is:
C858-V7-057 + C850-V7-055E (cold white LED)
... so light part numbers are different for the models (CX-5 KF and Mazda3 BN)

Here are some photos of the products and the original manual for retrofitting:
and here some more:

Here as complete PDF: Download
...but in the retrofitting manual is nothing written about a new MZD setting. And I doubt that it will occur automatically after installation.

Perhaps the MZD menu is available only if the welcome illumination in the foot area is build in from factory?

Most probably it is located somewhere in RBCM module 7B7-02-01, as the other interior light timers are also there.
There are also following Part #s:
BHP1-V7-050
BABF-V7-050

And Manual: Adobe Acrobat

Also latest post on Drive2: Штатная подсветка ног — Mazda CX-5, 2.0 л., 2018 года на DRIVE2

There are photos of latest Manual for C850-V7-055E
And some other numbers:
  • LED Blue: C856-V7-057

·
Registered
16 Posts
There are also following Part #s:
BHP1-V7-050
BABF-V7-050

And Manual: Adobe Acrobat

Also latest post on Drive2: Штатная подсветка ног — Mazda CX-5, 2.0 л., 2018 года на DRIVE2

There are photos of latest Manual for C850-V7-055E
And some other numbers:
  • LED Blue: C856-V7-057
Omg just ordered another C850-V7-055A bc the first one I ordered was delivered to the wrong address on the 2nd of june I actually contacted a dealer in the UK paid 80 bucks for the harness I already have the led bulbs didn’t realize they sold the kit in the us expensive for the Harness over here compared to the price for the bulbs and the harness I paid that’s still cheaper then just the harness smh

Oops didn’t realize it’s a completely different part

·
Registered
267 Posts
Omg just ordered another C850-V7-055A bc the first one I ordered was delivered to the wrong address on the 2nd of june I actually contacted a dealer in the UK paid 80 bucks for the harness I already have the led bulbs didn’t realize they sold the kit in the us expensive for the Harness over here compared to the price for the bulbs and the harness I paid that’s still cheaper then just the harness smh

Oops didn’t realize it’s a completely different part
No matter, I can confirmed C850-V7-055A working well. Actually it is simple two wires to RBCM.

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I do not know, if this would work. But this is missing the cable to the OBD-Port - at least it`s not shown at the photo.

If I were you, I would think about buying an ELM327 OBD Adapter, which states that its ForScan compatible - like this (just as example) - ebay link (or a WiFi version of this):

01.JPG

·
Immortal
266 Posts
So are Ambient Lighting and Interior Lighting basically the same?
Does it depend on car model / FW version, or are those different options?
Mazda 6 eur is ambient lighting and that menu option is for overhead console led - those let kit mentioned here is different connections ( connected basically to maplight circuit)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tried this week on mazda 3 2018 i touring, the base model, no luck, it seems the wiring diagram is different between 2014 service manual and 2018.

*successfully active the ambient light option on menu through ASbuilt coding on RBCM.

so after all, decide to connect my ambient light (footwell, cubby light, glove box light, storage light under armrest) to the un-used connector Green wiring (-) and Yellow wiring (+) * this is ACC.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts