2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mazda's system has a way to connect to equip Lighting in car
Do you know how to activate the 3-mode setting option in Mazda Connect Settings and the diagram for installing additional hardware (lights, fiber optic led light)
Thank you !

Screenshot at Mar 27 19-11-58.png
Screenshot at Mar 27 19-11-48.png
Screenshot at Apr 08 11-58-26.png

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Perhaps it might help if you would ask the persons who posted these photos? Perhaps they retrofitted this feature or can at least tell you which car/model/version/year it is and ideally send some ForScan *.abt backup data, so that a comparison to other nearly same models without that option would be possible?

In the first two screenshots it might be only the interior light (perhaps map light) above your head... and in the third picture it might be a translation issue, that its called ambient instead of interior light. I am just thinking about options... I also would preferr the option that some ambient light is available for retrofitting.

I just checked my CX-5 2016 - it has the 2 options mentioned in the first photo (but not dark/medium): "Interior Light Timeout-Door Open 30 min." and "Interior Light Timeout-Door Close 15 Sec.". So this is definitively for the map lights over your head. And I found photos of CX-5 2015 (MZD) and 2014 (TomTom NB1), in which the wording in german was slightly different, but the functionality the same.

Curious what`s that about the "Ambient Lighting" in the 3rd photo...

Ah... I just checked our Mazda country website (Germany) - and there is an official Ambient light available for the Mazda3 from 2016 onwards (perhaps already earlier), that illuminates the driver and passenger foot/leg area (either in blue, red or white).
Part Numbers Germany for Mazda3 from 2016+
Wiring Harnesses (nesessary as basis):
C850-V7-055E - fits these models: Mazda2 DJ1, Mazda3 BN, Mazda CX-3, Mazda CX-5 KF ...so all these might be retrofittable.
  • LED White: C855-V7-057
  • LED red: C857-V7-057
  • Red: ABKT-WL-DJR
  • Blue: ABKT-WL-DJB
  • White: ABKT-WL-DJW
And accoring to the linked manual below there is a second wiring harness:
Wiring Harness C850-V7-055A for Mazda3 BL, Mazda2 DJ1, CX-3 DJ1, CX-5 KE/GH, Mazda6 GJ/GH
  • C851-V7-057 (LED WHITE)
  • C852-V7-057 (LED BLUE)
  • C853-V7-057 (LED RED)
And for the CX-5 KF it is:
C858-V7-057 + C850-V7-055E (cold white LED)
... so light part numbers are different for the models (CX-5 KF and Mazda3 BN)

Here are some photos of the products and the original manual for retrofitting:
and here some more:

Here as complete PDF: Download
...but in the retrofitting manual is nothing written about a new MZD setting. And I doubt that it will occur automatically after installation.

Perhaps the MZD menu is available only if the welcome illumination in the foot area is build in from factory?

Most probably it is located somewhere in RBCM module 7B7-02-01, as the other interior light timers are also there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps it might help if you would ask the persons who posted these photos? Perhaps they retrofitted this feature or can at least tell you which car/model/version/year it is and ideally send some ForScan *.abt backup data, so that a comparison to other nearly same models without that option would be possible?

In the first two screenshots it might be only the interior light (perhaps map light) above your head... and in the third picture it might be a translation issue, that its called ambient instead of interior light. I am just thinking about options... I also would preferr the option that some ambient light is available for retrofitting.

I just checked my CX-5 2016 - it has the 2 options mentioned in the first photo (but not dark/medium): "Interior Light Timeout-Door Open 30 min." and "Interior Light Timeout-Door Close 15 Sec.". So this is definitively for the map lights over your head. And I found photos of CX-5 2015 (MZD) and 2014 (TomTom NB1), in which the wording in german was slightly different, but the functionality the same.

Ah... I just checked our Mazda country website (Germany) - and there is an official Ambient light available for the Mazda3 from 2016 onwards (perhaps already earlier), that illuminates the driver and passenger foot/leg area (either in blue, red or white).
C850-V7-055E - fits these models: Mazda2 DJ1, Mazda3 BN, Mazda CX-3, Mazda CX-5 KF ...so all these might be retrofittable.
Wiring Harness C850-V7-055A for Mazda3 BL, Mazda2 DJ1, CX-3 DJ1, CX-5 KE/GH, Mazda6 GJ/GH
  • C852-V7-057 (LED BLUE)
  • C853-V7-057 (LED RED)

and here some more:

...but in the retrofitting manual is nothing written about a new MZD setting. And I doubt that it will occur automatically after installation.

Perhaps the MZD menu is available only if the welcome illumination in the foot area is build in from factory?

Most probably it is located somewhere in RBCM module 7B7-02-01, as the other interior light timers are also there.
I tried to check the file (Mazda SkyActiv OBD-II calc (FORScan) v6.19 (Work in Progress)) but no parameters matched.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I tried to check the file (Mazda SkyActiv OBD-II calc (FORScan) v6.19 (Work in Progress)) but no parameters matched.
it related to RBCM 7B7-01-03 B2, b0=1 Show Ambient Light on CMU. It not working on old model like as CX5 KE, but working well on KF.

@SergSlim you can update it to latest excel file. I can confirmed it working.

·
Immortal
266 Posts
Its working with my GL mazda6 but need to install extra pin to Rbcm connector (ambient light LED i build myself long time ago to overhead console. Now reroute wiring and its working

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Thanks a lot for all your info @rixm6 and @luyenok !

If I am not wrong, for the CX-5 KF it looks like this in the wiring diagram (ambiente light from factory at RBCM pin 1D):
KF00.JPG KF03.JPG KF01.JPG KF02.JPG

An for the CX-5 KE 2016 like this (no ambiente light from factory, PIN 1D at RBCM not used):
KE00.JPG KE01.JPG

What do I have to do, to make it work? Just install the light and connect it to ground and to pin 1D? Or do I also have to activate it in the RBCM module via Forscan?

@rixm6 : Did you only connect the pin/terminal/cable or did you also have to change values in RBCM Module via Forscan? And do you have the "Ambient Light" setting in the MZD? And do you remember, which pin/terminal you used or where you bought it?

·
Immortal
266 Posts
I connected pin to 1D and activated from cmu - before my ambient led was directly to IG+ , now it works like charm ( dimming and adjustable)
Pin 1D was empty in my case

tristan-cx5 I dont know exact pin type but as I deal with car elelectric stuff I found proper pin from my drawer

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
My ambient light (DIY, dimmable, 2 LED colors switchable) is connected to the glove box light (only active, when headlights are active/on). I need some time to think about, if I will change that. I do not see, that the MZD setting will be better than what I have now.
Potentiometer.JPG 11.jpg 01.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
For sure it uses a 12v PWM pulse with different duty cycles to control the brightness. Will do some tests tomorrow. This is great info guys.

I also installed some RGB lights in the foot area, they are controlled individually by an Arduino (for some light effects, color changing etc.).
I connected an input of the arduino to the glove compartment light to get illumination signal, also connected to the signal of each door, in the RBCM, to change the color when they get open.
Next will be connect it to this "ambient light" signal to control its brightness.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
My ambient light (DIY, dimmable, 2 LED colors switchable) is connected to the glove box light (only active, when headlights are active/on). I need some time to think about, if I will change that. I do not see, that the MZD setting will be better than what I have now.
You can not active CMU ambient light setting for CX5 KE.

·
Registered
16 Posts

• C852-V7-057 (LED BLUE)
  • C853-V7-057 (LED RED)

and here some more:

Hello Tristan do you think this would be possible in a 2020 mazda6

·
Registered
16 Posts
So reading through this has anybody found out how to get settings to show in the cmu with the harness and the kit or is it just on default right now what's the possibility of getting a local mechanic shop to do this seeing as I'm not that experienced with wiring

·
Registered
16 Posts
So reading through this has anybody found out how to get settings to show in the cmu with the harness and the kit or is it just on default right now what's the possibility of getting a local mechanic shop to do this seeing as I'm not that experienced with wiring
Or getting my local Mazda dealer to do it officially

·
Immortal
266 Posts
I dont think that there is kit or plug and play solution - I can make picture of needed pin what I use (Mazda 6 2018 model) but not earlier than monday

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
luyenok already tried at a KE, and it did not work. Connected pin 1D to LED and also tried to activate via ForScan. Both did not show a menu at the MZD :-(
So there is no need any more for the pins (even if I would be still interested, but only if its not too much work). Thanks. Most probably your 2016 Mazda6 has a newer RBCM.

·
Registered
267 Posts
luyenok already tried at a KE, and it did not work. Connected pin 1D to LED and also tried to activate via ForScan. Both did not show a menu at the MZD :-(
So there is no need any more for the pins (even if I would be still interested, but only if its not too much work). Thanks. Most probably your 2016 Mazda6 has a newer RBCM.
Yes, only illumination welcome light is available for KE, ambient light is not available. Connect to 1H (+) and 1E (-) if you want to use illumination welcome light.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts