2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I have a Mazda 3 Hatchback 2018 and want to activate lane keep assist and MRCC using FORScan.

The MRCC part has been done in this thread:
mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2017-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/222058-mrcc-radar-cruise-control-retrofit.html

My question on that is, do i need to change the steering wheel to get the correct buttons, check this on ebay:
ebay.com/itm/MAZDA-3-2017-STEERING-WHEEL-SWITCH-MODE-CONTROL-AUDIO-RADAR-CRUISE-CONTROL/232451861162?hash=item361f35eaaa:g:yRwAAOSwg4VZlYht

When it comes to the LAS its just a matter of programming since the camera and sensors for that are
in the windshield.

Have anyone done this before?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi everyone.
I have a Mazda 3 Hatchback 2018 and want to activate lane keep assist and MRCC using FORScan.

The MRCC part has been done in this thread:
mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2017-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/222058-mrcc-radar-cruise-control-retrofit.html

My question on that is, do i need to change the steering wheel to get the correct buttons, check this on ebay:
ebay.com/itm/MAZDA-3-2017-STEERING-WHEEL-SWITCH-MODE-CONTROL-AUDIO-RADAR-CRUISE-CONTROL/232451861162?hash=item361f35eaaa:g:yRwAAOSwg4VZlYht

When it comes to the LAS its just a matter of programming since the camera and sensors for that are
in the windshield.

Have anyone done this before?
Hi,

You can change only the steering wheel buttons, and that will give you all the funtions of MRCC.

However... for LAS, its not only the steering wheel, also the EPS parts are different from a model with LAS from factory.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

You can change only the steering wheel buttons, and that will give you all the funtions of MRCC.

However... for LAS, its not only the steering wheel, also the EPS parts are different from a model with LAS from factory.
How do I know what EPS i have?
Should I stop dreaming and buy a new car in 10 years =).

·
Immortal
273 Posts
Hi,

Wtf?

Only buttons and all MRCC functions - without radar module?
Noway only buttons.
And for LAS you need to change steering column . Without change you can activate LDWS only

·
Registered
160 Posts
Wtf?

Only buttons and all MRCC functions - without radar module?
Noway only buttons.
And for LAS you need to change steering column . Without change you can activate LDWS only
Dude, he said that already completed the rest of the retrofit, or at least thats my understanding.

if not... obviously you will need the module

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dude, he said that already completed the rest of the retrofit, or at least thats my understanding.

if not... obviously you will need the module
The MRCC is fixed and the Lane Assist is next thing to get working. So do I need to change the whole steering column or can I only change the EPS.
Where is the best place to get all these parts?

·
Registered
46 Posts
The MRCC is fixed and the Lane Assist is next thing to get working. So do I need to change the whole steering column or can I only change the EPS.
Where is the best place to get all these parts?
Have you succeeded with the LAS? Do you think it is possible on 2014? I have full equipped car from that year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts